Register now to get rid of these ads!

TJJ: Vintage Trailers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Django, Apr 5, 2006.

1. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Great thread!

I found out the other day that a guy from work is restoring a 1955 camper trailer. He's showed me some pics of it, and I'm wanting to go see it in person. When I do I'll post some pics of it here.

2. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great shots, love those old campers. Here is my vintage Airstream & Ford Woodie.

Attached Files:

3. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

edcodesign, how did you shoot that angle?

4. NONHOG

NONHOG

1/24th ?

5. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1/18 scale in my driveway, bent down. The second one around the bend. The third one my real deal.

Attached Files:

6. Vintage Roadside

Vintage Roadside

Just got back from the second Modernism Week Vintage Travel Trailer show. They had a great lineup this year!

Here are a few of my favorites - A 1950 Airfloat Landyacht, a 1960 Holiday House and a 1935 Bowlus Road Chief.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Clik

Clik

I like tandem axles. They tow much better, especially on bumpy roads that get a rig see/sawing. Most small vintage trailers only have the one axle.

8. metalman

metalman

The Airflotes are my personal favorite, this one looks killer, any other pics of it?
    The Holiday House is pretty rare and cool too! Did this one have a modern interior with a bar, bigscreen ect? Looks like one my brother built a couple years ago. He just picked up another Holiday House to build, found it up your way in Bend.

9. Vintage Roadside

Vintage Roadside

metalman - I did take quite a few photos of the Airfloat, I'll post a few more. This one was for sale for $65,000.00. The Holiday House did have the interior you describe - does it still belong to your brother? It was really nice. Cool that he's found another one. With them being built here in Oregon I wonder how many more are hidden away around the state...

10. dan sutton

dan sutton

Cool Thread! Hot rods and campers

Attached Files:

11. Roothawg

Roothawg

12. 73super

73super

Mine.. Little Shasta Trailer.

100_3631_0001.jpg

13. metalman

metalman

65K! Guess I better keep looking for one not that nice, then make it that nice;).
    Sorry if my post was misleading, my brother never owned that Holiday House, he built it for a client. It's out of El Paso I believe. He didn't really like the interior himself, likes to keep them more era correct in apperance. He wanted another Holiday House to do up the interior in a more mid-century modern theme and then put it into his RV park as a rental trailer.

14. metalman

metalman

My brother this week still hauling some of the 20 someall trailers he has out of storage here and up to his new home in Colorado. Unfortunatly the Hanson Love Bug on front lost most of the right side on the trip up, air got under the tin and blew most of it off:(. He still plans to restore it, it a cool little trailer.
    The Cardinal on the back he decided to sell as is, I think he figured out he's not going to live long enough to restore all of them;).
    DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

15. Man I love these old trailers. We're looking to build a smaller than usual (dont want to be bigger that the tow car do we) Tear Drop to tow behind the wifes 1971 Mini .

Shrapnel :cool:

16. Roothawg

Roothawg

I finally scored. Got it home last night about 9:30.

Attached Files:

17. Clik

Clik

Looks good.

What is it and what are you towing with?

18. BadLuck

BadLuck

my lil Shasta...

Attached Files:

19. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

here's our '57 Shasta on it's first outing behind 'our' '53 F-100. Still working on it.... interiors done, gotta' finish up the exterior.

Attached Files:

20. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

and behind the '53 Chevy on its' second run...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  21. Roothawg

Roothawg

64 Avalair Mark II, towing it with our 1957 Ford wagon.

22. This is what I would like. A little tear drop. Are building these or finding vintage ones?

23. Clik

Clik

When I was a kid our family had a 57 Ford wagon. The footwell had rusted pretty bad in the back.

I asked my parents if the girl I was sweet on, Long Lean Marie, could go to the beach with us. Of course my parents had to check with hers, blah, blah...

At the end of the day clouds rolled in, a bad storm hit and we headed home. The windshield wipers slapping us to sleep. We were driving through water that was about a foot deep on the road.

At some point Marie shifted her weight, to slide over to my side, and her foot went through the floor! That cold deep water hit her foot and she let out a blood curdling scream! She thought her foot had been cut off at the ankle.

Needless to say she wasn't allowed near us po white trash with the rusty hoopty anymore. :rolleyes:

24. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

lol...I had a similar experience!

25. I love this thread... you sure have some beautiful trailers over there. Even scrap airstreams over here are a bloody fortune! Still, I'm in touch with a guy now to buy a 50's Bluebird (English make) to go behind the Chevy so fingers crossed!!

26. Besty34

Besty34

I made this one [​IMG]

27. jeepman

jeepman
    from az

a rambler with fold down seats and a teardrop trailer, now that is a vacation rig!!!!!

28. dan sutton

dan sutton

Took my woody around the block today with the chebby.

Attached Files:

29. I'm getting ready to make my old ATV trailer into a Teardrop. I'll post some build pic's on this thread. Should take me about a month. I've been searching for pic's of old ones,so it won't look like a new build. Then all I have to do is build a trailer hitch fot my '38 Pick-up. Anybody have some pic's of what old hitches looked like?

30. farna

farna

Besty34, why does the trailer look so much better than the car!! You got to catch the Rambler up to the trailer now... you must be a carpenter...