Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration I'm so tired of the Hamb.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chaddilac, May 8, 2011.

1. Dirk35

Dirk35

He looks pretty happy to me. Too bad he is missing whatever Archie Bunker (behind him in the second pic) is looking at at it drives by. He might be past military also, as you quickly learn to sleep anywhere and and anyhow if you spent any time at all in the military.

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

It was contagious that's for sure... I wanted a nap so bad, ended up getting home at midnight! Got to hang out with some buddies and we had a good time!!

3. Muttley

Muttley

I sleep like that all the time when the ball game on tv gets boring. That dudes boiler is the stuff legends are made of.

4. Long drive to the event, bad hotel, couple of beers with lunch=ZZZZZZzzzzzz

5. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

In defense of my good buddy chaddilac, the only reason he took the photo is because the guy is one of us from the Hamb. We have all been there for sure. I just want to know who our friend is so he can defend himself?

6. That's a True HAMB'r... sleep without spilling a drop! I love naps!!!

7. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I just got back from there and he must have woke up cause he was gone.:rolleyes:

8. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Have a similar picture of me strapped into a troop seat in a c-130, full gear, and a long strand of drool connecting me to the duffle in between my legs.

9. HotRod33

HotRod33

Hell I want to know who he is so he knows we were poking fun at him........

10. chaddilac

chaddilac

hahahahahaha

11. There aren't any pics of me like that. There are, however, some pics of a pair of feet, sticking out my back seat window. Old fellas catch Zs where we can.

12. rustymetal

rustymetal

thats pretty cool a guy just like my self taking a cat nap and dreaming about the good old days, you got to like it.

13. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

It's Herb from KC! He used to be part-owner of The Grand Emporium in KC til' they sold it. He has a 1940 Ford Sedan.

Haha...I will have to forward this to him.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ.

14. noboD

noboD

Sure would look good on the HAMB calender.

15. Hey quit makin' fun of Joe.

signed Joe's brother...
    Jim Amarando.
    [​IMG]

Jim in action 10 minutes later.....
    [​IMG]

it's OK for Joe to sleep on the street
    signed Joe & Jim Amarando's mom, Peggy
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. On a serious note, I saw a guy like that at a swap meet at Peotone a few years ago. He didn't move at all for hours. He DID smell of booze. When I was leaving I tried to talk to him, and when he didn't respond, I let security at the gate know. The next year, my swap meet partner saw him and commented about his napping ability. He said he was in a diabetic coma!! and thanked me . That's one in my karmic bank. Ya' just never know.

17. He was probably thrashing all night to get that "easy chair" ready for the show......
    or maybe not....

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I have photos of over a dozen HAMB guys in that exact same postion, Fab32 included. One of these days I need to post them all in one thread. Perhaps titled "Name all these Sleeping HAMB guys and win some cookies", or something like that.:D

19. you just made my day LOL

20. Zumo

Zumo

I bet he woke up and finished off that beer.

21. chaddilac

chaddilac

finished off that "Shasta"!! :D

22. Just wait til some of you young whipper snappers get up in yea.....zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:D

23. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Cookies!:D

24. RichG

RichG

I don't have a beer gut, it's a lumbar support device for taking naps! Now I can tell my wife to leave me alone, heh heh.

25. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Rumor is he just had new eyelids installed and was checking them for leaks...

:-}

The weather was beautiful. I'd have slept too but know better than to do so with my crew.

26. I say that would be awesome... hell I could've taken about a hundred of these photo's at the "Hunnert Car Pile Up", "HAMB Drags" hotel lot, "Lone Star Round up" alone...:eek:

27. gonmad

gonmad

That's Herb, good guy.....just wore out! But I must say, it looks like my 5 year old kid in the way the neck is all bent over, must be made of rubber!! LOL

28. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

hotel parking lot at the drags dont count... besides, i wasnt sleeping. i was passed out from the booze.

funniest thing ever heard at the drags from that little liquor store next to the ramada... "we got no more fuckin beer!" :eek:

30. bwahahahahahahaha ....damn, might have been a death grip for real!