Register now to get rid of these ads!

Headlight Mock-Up...opinons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bp1971, May 5, 2011.

1. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

depends on the rest of the car. do you have a 3/4 shot that shows more? fwiw, fron the front i like the A's but you gotta look at the whole package imo.

2. swsimon

swsimon

On my mock up i went through the exact same thing. I think that the larger diameter Model A headlights fill the gap and look much better. Scott

3. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

my A headlights look nothing like yours. well the lenses look the same but my housings are way more pointy in the back. are my A lights actually T lights?

4. MrModelT

MrModelT

The Model A lights really fit the car better as far as proportions are concerned. There distance from the radiator shell and the height is spot on my book.

5. I like the smaller ones. The whole idea of a Hi Boy is a stripped down, race car look. The Big Model A headlights take away from that and actually become a focal point instead of integrating into the car. Back when Hi Boys first became popular, many guys didn't run headlights, ran little motorcycle ones, or mounted them in tight and very low to make them disappear, at least here in So Cal. And that brought about headlight laws.

6. Toner283

Toner283

Another vote for the "A" lights.

7. It's a hot rod, go with the hot rod lights. If you feel the Deitz are a little small try a set of Guide 903's, the wider rim would give them a little larger appearance. Seems to me that the use of the big stock lights is a fairly modern trend.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  8. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

I like the Model A much better.....

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

X3. Questions like this always come up, first question I gotta ask, whats the overall plan for the car?

10. JimV57

JimV57
    from California

I think the A's are more period corrert and fill the space more in proportion

11. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

So what are your plans for wheel/tire combo?

12. In the front I plan on running 16x4.5 with 450/475 -16 tires and in the rear 16x6 with 700-16 tires

Yep, early '29 model a lights. Not sure how you can see the back?

I like that suggestion. I am not married to any lights at this point, however I do like the way the bigger lights look.

Overall plan...to build a fun driving hot rod. I am leaning toward the traditional look, just with some updated technology, i.e. disc brakes in the front, sbc, etc.

I really appreciate every ones opinions.

13. 23dragster

23dragster
    from U.S.

I'm likin' the Model A ones.

14. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

if you look at my post you'll see i was quoting the gent who posted a shot of his red model a. the back of his look different than mine.

just being a thread jacker...

15. no worries...Thanks for your input.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

I like the look of Model A Headlights and plan to use them on my Roadster. I know the Deitz light are used on a lot of Hot Rods but back in the day here on the East Coast they saw more use on snow plow equiped pickups.

17. Muttley

Muttley

Another vote for the Model A lights.

18. HotRod33

HotRod33

I like LARGER headlights.... on hotrods and women.......

19. My 2 cents, I recently bought a chopped and channeled model A sedan that has the after market speedway headlights. I'm warming up a set of my BLC's for the car, they are bigger, look more old school in my opinion.

Long story short, THE A's

20. tgd61

tgd61

Like boobs...the bigger the better...well on women of course...
    Definitely the model A...I'm going model A on mine too

21. Thanks for all of the great input. I like the A's better too, so I am going to stick with the A's. I gave my pop the dietz lights for his 31 sedan project.

22. modified

modified

The Model A's! That's what I'm running on my modified & I love 'em