Register now to get rid of these ads!

just finished my project over the weekend.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by model A hooligan, May 2, 2011.

1. Oldsmobucket

Oldsmobucket

congrats looks awesome

2. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Awesome!! Congrats dude!!

3. hershambob

hershambob

4. Nice man, Have fun with it.

5. el scotto! hey man, you know were i can get soem stuff for a fuel tank?maybe some 6 inch pipe by 3 foot long? maybe you know something in the area that i dont.

6. UncleJoey

UncleJoey

Right on. One more word, brother...peelout!

7. Any progress is good !! Just keep workin on it !!! >>>>.

8. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Congrats man. Good feeling drivin it for the first time isn't it?

9. That first real drive is always a great feeling. Its something i never get tired of. Looks real good but get that take fixed!!! :eek:

10. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Nothing like that first trip around the block...what we work so hard for. Enjoy it.

11. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Sorry, nothing prefab is coming to mind...

Why don't you roll one up out of sheetmetal? You could make it any diameter you want.

12. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

nice looks good.

13. Hey hooligan,
    On the road just in time for spring/summer! Great lookin car! And I think the stance is just right!
    Ya got a rumble seat in that thing?

14. hemi gasser

hemi gasser

Great job you've already made it further than alot of projects (you actually got to drive it) I just finished fabrication on my uncles 29 sport coupe and I used a square gas tank and mounted it behind the rear axle under the floor with a filler neck coming out the back, you could also put the filler neck in the trunk if you wanted to hide it. This way you dont have a bomb in your passenger compartment. Just a thought again great job!

15. ardyboy

ardyboy

I like it. Congrats on a cool ride

16. cause i would suck at it...haha i dont want to risk it after the one i modified leaked.

17. yeah i was wondering what it would look like if i mounted it under the floor,i thought it may be to visable but i havnt seen one that way.oh i forgot to mention this was a sport coupe as well.

thanks everyone for teh comments,as a previous question about the rumble seat, it has a big hump over the rear axle were its z-d,i made the top of that hump a place to mount a seat, so it doesnt have a seat just yet but im getting there,

and as others mentioned, the first trip around the block was something i wont forget, it felt great! thanks fellas,and im glad i found this place,i got some good info here that helped me out

18. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I like your car ese. Its very brown.

19. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Brown is beautiful.

20. haha thanks, its primer red but it looks brown. it looks almost like a old brick! weres valinda? are you near me?

21. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Congrats, got to be a great feeling.
    I am getting close to being there.

22. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

A classic look that I really like !!
    And isn't it great on that first drive ??
    Good for you,
    Cheers

23. Super88

Super88

Looks great. I like that you used the A grille shell.

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ran a tank out of some foreign car that went in the trunk a few years ago in my 48 when I needed a tank in a hurry. I had it mounted in the bed an I think it held about ten gallons. You might look for something like that.

The car looks great the way you have it set up.

25. brady1929

brady1929

Way to go, good job

26. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

Congratulations on the milestone, very cool car.

27. yblock292

yblock292

28. ah shucks guys haha. thanks alot fellas for the possitive feedback. im looking for a older looking air cleaner. eventualy it will be tri power but i dont have the dough so i have a 63 belair intake and carb on it. i may try to have (small) amount of pin stips,maybe something on top of the tail lights.

mr48chev-yeah its getting down to that since my daily driver (mustang) broke down, i may just buy a cheapo used fuel cell just to get it by and not leak. i was thinkin along the lines you said to maybe find a small stock tank from something and strap it under the rear of the car. its just hard to find some used tanks since our junkyards punch holes in them to drain them quickly

29. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

Have you looked at tanks from "The Hot Rod Company" on here, I think that's what I'm going to use.

30. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

That good news! I'm a week or so away from driving my Roadster for the first time. You got me thinking on how good it is going to feel when a build finally come together. Check out my album, I used a T style tank for now. I drew up a tank that fits behind the seat. But I still need to make. Congrats!