Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 States in my 59 Ford and my 27 T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by diemywill, Feb 23, 2011.

1. nolly

nolly

2. Lucky444

Lucky444

If you end up in Honolulu, drop me a line.

Aloha, Jason.

3. fatluckys

fatluckys

Have you been to www.couchsurfing.org? It's a great way to meet people on the road and travel cheap. I made a lot of good friends that way. I have to admit there are more hippies than gearheads on that site, but I did stay with a rally racer when I went to Anchorage.
    If you end up going the wrong way (as I so often do) and find yourself in Austin you're welcome at my place.

4. studebaker46

studebaker46

justin ihave seen all of the lower 48 from the windsheild of an 18 wheeler. but the experience you and your freind are planning will be the experience of a lifetime this what being young is all about. best wishes and god bless tom

5. diemywill

diemywill

I will definitely check that out, it sounds right up my alley.
    Now is it a book? A movie? Or both?

6. diemywill

diemywill

I've been to that site before, I was in a band and we toured, we were constantly on people's floors or couches. I forgot about it though, thanks for the reminder...I'm going to need it.

7. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Almost ready to hit the road , help a brother out if you can

8. 38zephyr

38zephyr

How was Vegas ? Where are you now ? Lets see some pictures

9. diemywill

diemywill

Well fellas so far the trip is amazing!

The 59 is holding out great (Knock on wood for me). Viva was pretty cool, great weather, cool cars, shitty cars, babes, shitty babes.
    Nothing too cool to report right now. You guys would love it though, along the way there are so many Gold mines(Junk yards) Full of 40's 50's cars. Sitting, waiting, for a trailer to come swoop them up.
    I've even seen some Model A's in the middle of fields, left for dead.

Along the way in the panhandle of Texas, I actually shared some road with a 29 roadster and a early 50's truck with a model a coupe in the bed. It was a trip, driving down highway 40 with em for a while.

I'm posted up in Oklahoma, trying to wait out the tornado's in Arkansas and Tennessee. All I want to do is get to Graceland, and visit the King's house!

I'm doing though! Living the dream!

Attached Files:

10. diemywill

diemywill

Some more from Viva, and the beginning of my trip.

Attached Files:

11. Did you go to SXSW and/or the LSRU?

12. diemywill

diemywill

No I did not, but I wish I would have. I went through north Texas.

13. diemywill

diemywill

Went to the Museum of automobiles in Morrilton, Arkasas.
    I saw some pretty sweet cars and some pretty sweet stuff. Check it out....

Attached Files:

14. 38zephyr

38zephyr

That 39 Zephyr 2 door sedan is really rare , nice Harley's also . I just found out you are by yourself from your Dad a couple days ago , that's a lot of traveling solo . Where are you now ?

15. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

If you get towards Canton,OH give me a shout. Which is an hour south of Cleveland. Lots of HAMBers in the area.

Later,Bill

16. diemywill

diemywill

Mike I'm in Statesboro Georgia currently. Teaching and staying with one of our American Tang Soo Do alliance members. He is a master and owns a school here in Statesboro, so I'm teaching and doing a seminar this week. It's pretty sweet to be at home so far from home. Been fishing, teaching, going to go shootin, all the good ole boys stuff! I am solo, its a crazy trip, but I'm covering some good ground and making good time.

17. sircampsalot2

sircampsalot2

Sounds Like fun, I always dreamed of traveling the country just driving from state to state down old backroads and seeing whats there. Now I'm 43 yrs old and have a steady job so it looks like it will never happen so I love to read others exploits and dream. Good Luck

18. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Mr. McCormick's Grandfather was telling me after grappling classTues. night that he has a Model T speedster he's had since the 70's he might want to sell ... What a nice family they are ! He said you had stayed with them when you were traveling with the band , might be worth asking him about . I don't know if it's in N.C. or the Florida keys , but it seems like you are kind of heading that way . Maybe have to get a hitch on the 59 after all .

19. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

If I'd saw this and hadn't been out of town when you came through, I'd have bought you a coke. That is my 5 year old and my "Daddy and Chey Day " hang out. Come back the second week in June, we'll have the big swap meet going on on the museum grounds.

20. diemywill

diemywill

The past few weeks I have been spending my days in the lovely state of Georgia. Visiting with family, friends and new family.
    First I spent sometime with my Aunt and cousins in Atlanta. I was able to see some wildlife as well as a woman collapse in a gas station snack bar. I went to, what they call a Reservoir, we call a lake. Caught a good size bass, and gave it to a local kid (not vegan).
    Then I traveled to Juliette, GA to see the famous Whistle stop cafe’. Depicted in the movie Fried Green Tomatoes. It was exactly the same, the town was off one of those lonely highways. It was actually just a strip of road made for the movie, that was supposed to look like a town, and now is a town. They even have a decent size barn, that was turned into a music venue for country/folk bands.
    After that I proceeded to Statesboro, GA where I have been the past week. In statesboro we have a Tang Soo Do affiliate school (America’s best statesboro karate) where I have been teaching classes, lessons, and a seminar. The people are amazing, very kind, they have that southern hospitality thing going on. Great food, had some tasty bbq and finally went to a Cracker barrel.
    In closing… The final chapter to this southern experience. I finally shot some real deal guns!! Too many to name, although one was called the Judge and one was called the Public defender, and of course I shot the Dirty Harry 44 magnum! That gun had sooo much kick it was unreal.
    After Saturday I will be traveling to New york city, to see some friends I haven’t seen in a long while, and to grub on some amazing pizza.
    Till then..
    -JBI

Attached Files:

21. diemywill

diemywill

never say die!!

22. diemywill

diemywill

I might not be coming back that way, but if I am I will for sure come back. Sounds like good times.

23. diemywill

diemywill

Yup, he was going to take me to go see it but it was kind of far away in NC. I just went through the Carolina's but they are in Florida. I was talking to him about it, asking him what he wanted to do. I would have LOVED to have snagged that thing. There are so many good cars just sitting around out here in the wild. We should get the trailer and just snag them all.