Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. 46chevy

46chevy
    from reeds,mo

sign me up. i just scored a 56 merc and hope to get started om my wifes 49 this winter

2. Smokey2

Smokey2

Eyeball ! Your Merc IS, What it's AAAAALLLLLL ABOUT!
    You tha' Reason, "I'm Believin' "...........Had several Mercs thur the Years, Enjoyed' em ALL:
    Can't Afford them NOW!
    Soooo, I'm Doin' tha' BEST I can with Stovebolot Six's.........But My Chevy "Will Rock" !

Kool Kemps !

3. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

I already inherited 1000 million dollars from a one legged midgit who was a King! I just had to send them my bank account information and bam. Winner!

4. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

Do 49, 50 and 51 share the same hood?

5. Im in..thanks for the invite
    51 Merc

6. Yes. They are interchangable but the holes for the emblems and chrome front piece are different.

7. WOW....3 '51s to add to the club!

fittyford is #389
    jamcoupe is #390
    49chevy is #391
    1929FORD5WINDOWCOUPE is #392

400 is just around the corner!!!!!

8. BlackjackMerc

BlackjackMerc
    from California

I'm in. Hopefully I'll have some good pictures to post soon.

BlackjackMerc

9. What year? Nevermind. Just checked your profile...I'll add you to the list.

10. You're #393.

11. Car Farmer

Car Farmer
    BANNED

Just another Scandanavian Hot Rod, I'll park in back...

Attached Files:

• merc.jpg
      merc.jpg
      File size:
      110.5 KB
      Views:
  12. strega

strega
    from ohio

Car farmer,

welcome i'll park with you any time

strega

13. I got that exact car when I graduated from High School in 1964! I had to look at the photos for proof it wasn't the same car! Only thing missing on yours is the Clear Plastic Seat Covers and the little "Shriners" Emblem on the trunk! I lost all the photos of my own car...I'll just claim these...Thanks for posting them....Centurion9

.......Why Can't I get the photos to follow in my Reply? I use the Quote Button......and only get the text. Any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  14. They don't come up when you quote when they are attached like wide whites only when they are inserted as part of the text

15. Thank you K13....I appreciate the help. No more banging my head against the wall. Got It! Centurion9

16. swissmike

swissmike

Picked up this 39 coupe recently in upstate NY. Had a dubious "restoration" started that consisted of fiberglass mat over rusted steel. The floors are kind of rough and door bottoms, inner rockers and the usual problem areas need attention. Have all the chrome including some 40 Taillights I just picked up and a set of 40 bumpers on the way.
    Plan is a chop similar to the Rodriguez car, maybe not quite as low, lowering, keeping most of the chrome. Have a good '49 Caddy 331 which will go in in front of the stock 39 floor shift. Will use 39 headlights, early caddy sombreros on 15" wheels, skirts, blabla...

I am looking for a stock 39 hood ornament. Have a very nice painted 40 hood ornament to trade. Does anybody know if a Ford hood ornament will also fit (39 Deluxe?).

Anyway, looking forward to chat with some other 39/40 owners. Especially regarding chopping, lowering, etc.

Mike

[​IMG]

17. missysdad1

missysdad1

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

1954 Monterey, '90 Lincoln Mk VII 5.0 HO, AOD, 3.56 9-inch, disc brakes, dearched springs, blocks, dropped spindles, Aerostar coils, no bags. I've wanted one since I was a kid. Just found it last year. Almost ready for the road, will finish as I drive.

Am I in?

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  18. Great start,I look forward to following your progress!

19. 55glyde

55glyde
    from mile high

This is it... love the stance, tires, patina... Would love to have this car!!!:rolleyes:

20. You,my friend,ARE IN!!!!! I'll add you to the list when I get home....

21. Send a PM to sledge. He has a beautiful one!!!!

22. swissmike

swissmike

I believe Sledge's is a 40 but you are correct it is one of the nicest customs around. I will definitely try to pick his brain when time comes to start on my build.

23. If you check the list ,on the first post,there's 11 guys with '39s. I'm sure one of them can give you some great info on how they did their car.

swissmike-#394

24. You're in!!! You're #395....

25. Bob I really have to commend you for keeping up with this thread! It is fun to watch it grow.

26. Thanks...I Tried to create a place where Merc questions and ideas could be found. Plus the roster helps guys who want to PM other guys with the same years cars for help. So far,it's working out pretty good. Should have a Club shirt available by next month.

27. frognz

frognz

hi Bob, im in, stock now but not for long.

Attached Files:

28. Cool car frog.

What part of NZ are in. Nelson??
    We have a Merc club in NZ if you are keen.
    No meeting etc, just info swapping and talking bull... lol

29. frognz

frognz

giday mate,
    yip in Nelson, just sold T coupe and now have my ultimate car never to be sold.
    have met Jimmy and Kerry Keys at the Beachhop and he has added me to the NZ
    Merc club. look foward to staying in touch with u guys.