Register now to get rid of these ads!

EZwiring kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jroc0801, May 1, 2011.

1. Jroc0801

Jroc0801
    from Katy Tx

Has anybody used a EZ wiring universal 21 circuit mini harness is it a good product i plan on rewiring my 52 chevy thanks:cool:

2. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

try Rebel wire first, good hamber stuff, discount and flawless customer service. Probably cheaper too, never checked lol.

3. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

I've used EZ Wire to do my Model A. Good directions. Long enough wires.Might want to check into one of there ingition switchs.You can get colored wire or all black.

4. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

hey you turned your avatar backwards or something!

5. Redbows35panel

Redbows35panel

Biggest problem I found was what to do with the extra wires left over from circuits that I didn't use. Didn't want to cut them off for fear of needing one later. So I had several coils of unused wire hanging up under the dash. Ron Frances has plug in wires, so the circuits you don't use you just unplug and store away until you need them. But Ron Frances is some what more expensive.

6. Your car, your choice but 21 circuts is ALOT for a 52 Chevy. Thats gonna be alot of left over wires. Just a thought. Todd

7. daddio211

daddio211

I used an EZ-Wire kit on my 31 Tudor and was very happy. The reason I used it was because they offered all black wire and I wanted to hide everything as much as possible. I don't have anything bad to say about EZ-Wire, but with all of the friends I've had using Rebel Wire guess what I bought for my new project???

Yep, its a Rebel Wire kit and I can't begin to tell you how nice their stuff is! Wire jacketing is a little heavier, fuse block is nicer quality too. I'm very happy with the kit, but haven't installed it yet. I'd choose EZ-Wire as a good second choice to Rebel, but would always choose Rebel first.

Todd, any chance you guys will make an all black wire kit?

8. Probably not. What alot of people do is use the fabric loom. You have to run the wire through before you add the connectors. It looks great and is real durable. You can get it in alot of places but here is on place that I know of. Todd

http://www.tptools.com/Product.aspx?display_id=2033

9. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

mcmaster has the woven split loom stuff, its what I use and can be added after everything is strung up, loomed and connected.

page 800 in the catalog, bottom section.

Mcmaster is a bitch to link to or I would post it.

10. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Used, EZ just once, never again..................................

11. daddio211

daddio211

Understood. You have a great product, and I'm sure the call for the all black kit is low.

Brigrat, tell us why.

12. Harris

Harris

Not to jack the thread, but Todd, any idea on what gauge wire your kits use? Asking because I'm finally gonna wire the 9+3 kit I bought from you guys last year and want to get all my fasteners before hand.

13. 2nd to last page of your install manual lists all the wires and their guages. This should help you buying the proper size fasteners. If you need any other assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.. Todd

14. 76ironhead

76ironhead

rebel wire is the way to go needed help wireing my 50 ford had to call 2 times on things i wasent sure of and they got me right on track such an easy kit.

15. Do Good Jr.

Do Good Jr.
    from texas

I used an EZ-wire 21 circuit kit. Got it from a buddy that did not use it. Plenty of wire, easy to use, I also didnt want to cut any wires just in case I might need them later so I coiled them up and stuffed em in the kick planel.

16. 61falcon

61falcon

i have installed several american auto wire kits and they were easy to install and never had one fail.

17. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Brigrat, tell us why.[/QUOTE]

Like most older guys I started wiring cars from scratch, than the kit's started to hit the market priced so as to ask your self why am I running all over the place for parts and total cost wasn't that much more than scratch built and better. Have installed all the big names, than comes a customer with a '40 Chev coupe and pre bought EZ. I was spoiled by the top 3 or 4 kits and found the EZ kit confusing, cluttered and running for parts again. Long story short if EZ is your first kit install you have nothing else to compare it to and may like it, if your used to the big 3 or 4 you will feel like your going backwards................. JMO

18. derpr

derpr

I used an EZ 18 circuit kit. Here my problem. The head lights, tail lights are on the same circuit. I had a tail light short out at night. Now no head lights. good thing I wasn't that far from the house. I don't think I buy one again. but it was as easy fix.

19. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

I have used two 21 circuit kits.i have since sold both vehicles but no problems when I owned them nor the new owners. Ez worked great for me

20. Jroc0801

Jroc0801
    from Katy Tx

Thanks for the in put

21. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I have used Ron Francis, Haywire, and EZ wire. I found the EZ wire to be just fine. RF is easier to do a neat job with, but costs more and takes longer.

22. Ive used ez and am happy with them, and Ive also used mr roadster from Speedway motors and its just about the same as ez but cheaper and comes with headlight and dimmer switch. Ive used Ron Frances and its more work and way more money.

23. Gator

Gator

I've used them a couple of times, no problems. I've also used Rebel, It's a Snap, and Summit Racing's 'House brand' which I was told are made by Painless.

Didn't see any major differences in any of them, and would use any them again.

My present rod has a Ron Francis kit which I don't care for and is quite different - you kind of wire them 'backwards' - for example you start at the headlight and terminate the circuit at the fuse panel (which is rather large). VERY easy to wire though.

24. terry48435

terry48435

Just did my '32 with that same kit. Didn't have any problems.

25. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

This is my experience. I have a 21 circuit EZ Wire kit in my '57 and have been very happy with the quality. The next car that gets rewired will be with a rebel kit, because I've seen their product, which is also very good, and they support the HAMB.

26. banginona40

banginona40

I used an EZ on my coupe, 20 years ago. It worked fine I had a couple issues that were solved with customer support no problem. I noticed that the graphic lettering was a little blurred, but not a big deal. I have also used American AutoWire which was very good. On my current project I plan to use a Rebel wiring kit.

27. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

I am ripping the EZ 8 curcuit out of my car and buying a Rebel wire kit. I have had so many issues with it and the guy that answers the customer service line is kind of a dick when he first picks up. I couldnt find a skematic in the book for the turn signal switch and I never could get my tail lights to flash corectly. If you dont know how to wire, stay away.

28. 46 rat

46 rat
    from clever mo

I used it mine and i won,t use another one. I bet i replace it.

29. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

good product. AMAZING tech support