Register now to get rid of these ads!

NEW Race Track is starting constuction WA.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superbell, Apr 28, 2011.

1. superbell

superbell

I have mentioned this here before and it has been a very long road but it has begun! A 1/4 mile Dragstrip and a 2 1/2 mile road race course here in Shelton WA. Dirt work has begun at the privately owned 170 acre track just north of Shelton, I have included their web site so you can learn some of the details. I personaly am very excited about this new track in my back yard! http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/ Rick

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. superbell

superbell

Would you be kind enough to lock this to the top for a while? Thanks Rick

3. MoonDog

MoonDog

Good luck to you and your Town... We have been trying to get a new Dragstrip here for years now in 'lil 'ol Adelaide... Our town has been a significant contributor to Australian Drag Race History over the decades.. Good on you- Build it Right.. MoonDog

4. k-member

k-member

How is it going Rick? That looks like quite the spread. I wish we would have got one up this way. I am sure it will be one of your new hang-outs.

5. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

should be done by the time I move back up to WA permanently.

dj

6. superbell

superbell

Hi Kieth, yes indeed its going to be a real big deal for the North West let alone Shelton. I will for certain be hangin out here , what with Drag Racing and a 2 1/2 mile road course 5 miles from my house! I'll be running open headers there and back just to save turnin those 6 bolts..... I have the roadster to kick Marshall's ass at the drags .grin.... and now I am going to build a road race car for 2 1/2 miles of adrenalin....

7. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

Are you sure your car will make 5 miles HA .... I'll be there opening day to show you how to drag race. good news good new.

8. k-member

k-member

Vintage road racer would be fun, Especially that close to home. Go get him Vern.

9. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

are we talkin an NHRA or outlaw track?

10. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Kinda what i was wondering myself...

11. superbell

superbell

From what I have heard it will not be NHRA, nothing but your standard saftey stuff and lets go racin! Check out the website....

Keith, Verns real good at chasing he been looking at my rear bumper for years.....Ha

12. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Is there a difference between rules and regulations? I'm not being trying to be an ass, I'm just curious. This is a screen shot from the site.

Attached Files:

13. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

I keep hearing rumors that Bremerton raceway will be closing, Is this the replacement?

14. racerlall

racerlall
    from WA

must be nhra approved to get insured whether nhra will sanction it while pir. is running is another mater.

15. racerlall

racerlall
    from WA

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=yiv2041678755MsoNormalTable border=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 40.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" vAlign=top width=54>[​IMG]
    </TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" vAlign=top>The Ridge Motorsports Park Receives Its Special Use Permit -- Construction Begins!

fourwheeldrift | April 26, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Categories: Uncategorized | URL: http://wp.me/pKTbC-1z

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>It is with true excitement that I can publicize to RaceinMason supporters that the Special Use Permit was granted late last night for The Ridge Motorsports. The Special Use Permit contained no restrictions of importance and should be seen as a huge victory.
    To put it in simpler language: The Ridge Motorsports Park has been green flagged and construction begins immediately! The race track now has an official website at www.ridgemotorsportspark.com. This is where you'll be able to follow the progress and scheduling of initial events. In a few days, an official announcement will be made by Rod and Joe, but Rod wanted the great news to be communicated to all of the hard-working supporters of RaceinMason before everyone else.
    At this point I want to thank each and every one of you for your words of support on www.raceinmason.com, appearances at the hearings, getting the word out on forums and at car events, and your expertise in ensuring that The Ridge Motorsports Park will be a fun and safe track facility for generations to come. While there are so many people who were indispensable, personally I wanted to recognize Peggy Zamzow for organizing the drag racers and the Mason County business and residential communities, as well as Don Schmidt, Randy Blaylock, Fred Wright, Bill Bauer and dozens of others who brought their car and motorcycle racers and club enthusiasts out in force.
    Most importantly, our thanks need to go to Rod and Karen Powell and Joe Manke. Without their time, money, vision, and unshakable determination, we wouldn't have this new motorsports park to which we can look forward!
    I look forward to seeing you all racing The Ridge in the future!!!

[​IMG]

16. superbell

superbell

A BIG thank you to you all for the hard work to bring it this far, I drove by to take a peek at the progress and I couldn't hardly believe my eyes. Great job!

17. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

There is actually work towards a new facility, across from, but owned by, the Port of Bremerton (airport) of 247 acres they would lease. Currently, the airport now leases the inactive runway to "Bremerton Motorsports Park", and they manage what group gets the runway use on what day. Our FAA no longer wants airports to be used for anything other than aviation. Go to BremertonRaceway.Com, and to the forum section, where this is discussed. See "the latest in the BMP saga" thread. Butch/56sedandelivery.

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There has been a lot of buzz on that track on some of the PNW sports car boards for the past few months.

I went back to their home page and it looks like the drag strip will be totally separate from the road course. That makes it the best for both rather than a compromise
    http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/masterplan/

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  19. superbell

superbell

Yes, from what I understand they will be totally separate and that makes sense for everybody. Looks like it will be a great spot to put your skills to work, these folks that have been putting this together have really thought things out. There should be a little something for everybody, fuel, garages, good clean eating facilities and washrooms and all in a park like atmosphere'