Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What the hell??? I bought a corvette, purists stand back

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moriarity, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

So I have been wanting an early corvette for a while. always thought they were pretty cool looking and never quite understood the fascination with keeping them stock. I am not going to get real carried away but I am going to biuld this into a sister car of my 61 impala. Mild custom, nosed decked shaved, marroon and white, lowered, pearl white tuck n roll etc

here it is, all I have done is put chrome wheels, 6.70's and knock off spiders on. I may drive it some this summer and blow it apart next winter
    [​IMG]

someone already added extra tail lites
    [​IMG]

heres my impala
    [​IMG]

2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

The vette is awesome..............

3. I like'm both. Nice rides!

4. scrape

scrape

i cant wait to see what you do with this....

5. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Wow! Sweet cars!

6. inlinr6

inlinr6

Corvette purists anus' are puckering just seeing it under a rat fink banner!If mine...full blown gasser,or crazy paint 60-70's street freak.but thats just me,I dont care for vette purists,stang,camaro,ect...now where is my prozac...hehehe!

7. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

How thoughtful you are to make a sister car for your awesome Impala. Nice. Slim

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

pretty nice Vette-don't care what purists think, but yours looks good the way it is-be more fun to modify one that isn't so nice-if you want to see modiifed search here for thread: Speed Diner May 14 Plymouth, CA and check out Vette Bike

9. falfas55

falfas55

First off, let me say nice Impala. What ever you do to the Vette will be awsome. Stay true to your style!

10. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Do it! The heck with those Vette people! Cool Car, needs lowering if nothing else. Good luck with it.

11. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Yes!! Yes!!! Yes!!!!!!

12. Nice looking car.....sure you wouldn't want to find a rougher specimen to chop up?

Edit: Totally dig the impala btw

13. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Great car, can't wait to see it after your magic touch! I love custom Corvettes (I think because they really make Corvette guys fussy!)!

14. Barn-core

Barn-core

I've always loved custom early Vettes, one of my dream cars, just will never be able to afford one! I got excited when I saw the thread title, even more excited when I saw who posted it. I know this car will be done right, and can't wait to see the progress. Please keep us updated.

15. I've got a Sawzall....

If it turns out anything like your mower or Bubble top... it's going to be AWESOME!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  16. Why does the advice "start with the nicest and most complete project you can afford" not apply to vettes?

I've heard/seen that advice written a hundred times and it makes perfect sense.... until someone dares to apply the same principal to a vette.

Looking forward to see the results.

17. I've never been a big fan of Corvettes but that model is my favorite style.

I really like the double headlights. HRP

18. 92GTA

92GTA

Sweet dude! Sounds like and awesome project! I can't wait to see the changes as she comes along this winter!

19. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

nice.... how bout something like this?

20. froghawk

froghawk

Screw the purists. Looks great already with the chromies and spiders. The '58 hood is a cool touch, too!

21. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Like I have said in the past, that Impala is so sweet. Now the vette to match!!! I cant wait!

22. Sweet! Go crazy Mark!!!

23. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

It couldnt be in better hands...you're beefing up your reputation as coolest dude on the hamb. Cant wait to see what you do with it

24. Deuces

Deuces

In my opinion, it looks great the way it's sitting now.... I'd say drive it around this summer and maybe think twice about hackin' it... Like I said.. It's just an opinion... Damn it looks so fine!! :cool:

25. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Cool. I don't think you will find and purists of any stock car on HAMB. Keep us updated.

26. millersgarage

millersgarage

I am not a Vette guy, or a purist by any means, BUT, I really think the early 'Vettes do look the best when they are left alone. Subtle changes really go a long ways on these models.

Modern wheels, big custom changes just make them ugly

of course that is just my opinion.....:D

27. Love the Knock-off spiders look...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  28. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Sweeeeet!!!!!!!!!

29. Subtle but sweet......

30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Where did you see anything about him "hackin' it"? Does the Impala look "Hacked " to you? the early Vettes are my favorite ('67 Coupe......Ohh LaLa and I know they are second generation). Keep us posted and I'm sure the "restorers":( on here will be able to stomach your version.

Frank