Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2011 NSRA Nats South Knoxville, TN ROLL CALL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodBen1987, Apr 26, 2011.

1. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

So who all's goin this year and where/when is the annual meet and greet? The show is May 6-8 at Chilhowee Park in Knoxville for those of you that don't know. Yes there will be street rods and now newer cars as well but I've been goin for years now and have always had a blast. Hope to see yall there!

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

The meeting is usually at noon ... on the steps ...

Both Friday and Saturday.

[​IMG]

The steps are in the lower right hand corner, by the lake.
    The building that has GOOGLE on it.

I will not be there this year. Usually go but the later model stuff ...
    has been taking over and I cannot make myself go. I have been going to the NATS SOUTH ever since Winston/Salem ... then Columbia Sc ... and on to Knoxville.

I may have a change of heart for 2012 or later but I seriously doubt it. :mad:

3. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Myself and several other buds will be there, but seem to forget about the Meet and Greet. Will try harder this year.

4. vert1940

vert1940

will be there again,with 3 other cars.meeting a couple from england that we met there several years ago

5. jblev34

jblev34

I will be there.

6. Zaemo

Zaemo
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

Can anyone tell me if the swap is worth driving 4 hours each way for?
    Thanks,
    Z

7. uh... no.

8. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Yes for Trucked Up. Not as exicited since they open the gates to just about anything driving but I still have a lots of friends that show up and it is an excuse to roll the numbers on the odometer.

Anyways the trip to and fro is what its all about for me........:D

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  9. greazy john

greazy john

still a good show..... swap meet not so much we'll be there

10. Fist time we will miss the Nat's South since '79 in Winston Salem,,I'm not crazy about the newer cars but that's really not the reason behind not attending this year.

My wife owns a florist shop and Mothers Day weekend is her busiest time of the year,,so we won't be there.

As for the Meet & Greet,as Randy pointed out we have always met on the steps around noon on Friday & Saturday.

Denise ( Hotrodladycruser ) headed up the first one and I have continued the TRADITION ever since,but I ain't gonna be there so I'm officially handing the torch over to young friend Ben.

Ben is a natural choice,,look at the linage,,Hotrodladycruser,Hotrodprimer and HotRodBen1986,the name just fits!,:D HRP

11. One week away,,HRP

12. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

I missed the Front Step's Meeting last year (my first year living in TN) by about a half hour.

This year I am working on Friday, plan to wander in Saturday morning. Hope to meet some of youse guys........

Al in TN

13. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Alright sounds good I can't wait to get up there and see some old cars! See yall Fri and Sat at noon on the front steps!

14. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Will be there with some buddies from the club. Riding shotgun again:mad:. Hopefully me and the Poncho will be at the Frog Follies in August if all goes well.

48 Poncho

15. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

Rawr! Im always there, Id go even if they let in Ford Fairmonts! Oh wait.... there was one last year lol

16. ems customer service

ems customer service

we will be there, our booth is inside, so stop by when it is raining

the ems guy

17. slobroy

slobroy

Can't say for sure.

18. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

well i had planned to but............... this is truly a mess here in sweet home alabama. still may try.wish me luck

19. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Two more days and I'll be rolling towards Knoxville with a huge smile...:D

20. Chevguy37

Chevguy37

I seem to always forget the gathering. Maybe this year I will remember it. Weather looks good for Friday and Saturday. Some chance of showers Sunday. See ya there!!

21. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

I should be there if I can get some of this junk to drive across town. Anglia has a leaking radiator, Model T had a spun rod bearing that I replaced last evening. Oil pan is leaking on it now, going to have to drop it again and replace the gaskets.

22. I am going to try to go. I need to see something other than tornado destruction for a while.Need to " chill out".

23. ratster

ratster

i'll be there fri. look for my roadster in the parking lot.

24. ratrod0

ratrod0

How much is it to drive your car in the show. do they have a car corral how much is that

25. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

$70.00 for non NSRA members.

26. Barry,your better off just registering and driving in,,,there are plenty of places to park with a for sale sign and not have to sit in the swap meet all day. HRP

27. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

1st time in a few years that I can't make it.:( I use to take a lot of pix and post them.I hope someone else does this year.

28. ems customer service

ems customer service

i missed the noon meeting was late darn, plan to be there on sat noon

29. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Great trip, great to see old friends, great to make new friends, so so food. And after that I have to say that for me the show, the swap and the new vendors was a bust.

I can't and I suppose no one else could say for sure why this event seems to be sliding. And I suppose that is subjective also.

30. raybug

raybug

had a great time there back at home now see ya next year