Register now to get rid of these ads!

BilletProof Detroit is Almost Here! HAMB Meet & Greet Info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Apr 21, 2011.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

A local guy in Dearborn owns it now. Still has the trophies and stuff in the back the last time I saw it at his place.

2. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

flatoutflyin,
    you're right about Kellogg Avenue. It sat behind a fence with a '40 coupe and a Rivera for a few years with a rotweiller standing guard over it. It then bounced around Cincinnati for a few years before disappearing again. There is a thread here somewhere about a guy who seen it in front of a scary mobile home down in Kentucky. I was glad to see it at Detroit a couple years ago, but also sad to see the state it has been allowed to degrade to. Hopefully the new owner will restore it to it's formal glory. It doesn't meet everyone's taste, but it is probably one of the few remaining full customs from the Cincinnati area.

Back to the thread topic, I'll be there in my '60 or my back up 'rent a rod' '40 coupe.

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I'd like to go, but cocktail hour starts early at the campground!:D

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If you'd like I'll introduce you to him at BilletProof and you guys can talk about the car and his future plans for it.

5. flathead4d

flathead4d

I'm planning on making it with my 50.

6. PoeticGoddess

PoeticGoddess

<---New girl!

I have to go to this. Working out how I'll get there (debateable in my gas hog of a car, trying to swing some tag-alongs to throw money into my tank!)

Anyone know what places are good to stay at for the night? Where everything goes on Friday night? Whatever information anybody has, feel free to PM me.

I've been excited about going to this show since I first heard about it a couple months ago. (Gotta love how the universe throws things at you to mess with your finances when you are making plans!!!)

7. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No "pie" promises Denise. You may even get em before B'proof. That is, if I can "lure" you over to the shop with em. I mean I know this place is a long drive for ya and all but...:cool:

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

See ya there!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, :rolleyes:
    As soon as it warms up I'll drive Big Olds to work and stop by on my way home.;)

9. PoeticGoddess

PoeticGoddess

Okay... so there will be at least 2 tag alongs in my car, which cuts down on expenses a lot! :) (Especially as I have every intention of drinking to the point of sillines on Friday night!)

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looks like there's going to be some nice weather for both Friday (68 degrees) and Saturday (70 degrees). :cool:

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Boy you sure are a trusting soul to believe a Michigan forcast for more than a day or 2..:D

although , thats good...we need to push the good vibes..:cool:

12. Deuces

Deuces

Have fun guys an' gals!! Enjoy the show!...

13. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

I live 5 minutes away. I'm going to push the Ford if need be. Also if someone needs a place to crash or stop for a quick fix on the way I'll be around.

[​IMG]

14. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

I hope the park isn't flooded after this shit ass weather

15. afan

afan
    from michigan

Does anyone know the the offical hours .Can you show up friday night to set up?If so how late? We're gonna be there with there cars maybe four cars. Thanks.

16. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

i want to go. i work till 5 on saturday. when does it end?

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I won't hold my breath....after all if Ikea has a sale of something that day........:rolleyes::p:D:D:D

18. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

Hahaha, you know me all to well. I think I'm good though. I have one of everything they sell!

19. millersgarage

millersgarage

20. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Hell, Sunny Elliot AIN'T that optimistic!!! :rolleyes:

21. Got ya covered, Denise.

I don't have any pretty purple, so you want black or red?

And hangin' with you is treat enough! :D

I'm getting excited - first outing for the '34! Hoping for some decent weather.

22. fordcpe

fordcpe

I want to go bad worked all day for the last two days and still no steering column or lower half of interior in car.Going to be a long week for me to get this thing running.Put the headliner in last night and working my way down.Hope to see you all come say hi to the Canadian guy. Darrell

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

please :rolleyes:

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and the forecast has only gotten better.....low 70's and sunshine for both days now! :cool:

25. Has anyone checked out the venue? Is it under water? lots of rain and more forecasted this week means it could be a swamp. Was planning on making it out there early and hitting Milan after

26. Curt B

Curt B

Cool. The only weekend I'll ever be in Detroit in my lifetime looks like a good one.

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Will be nice to finally meet them.

What may I asks brings you to the Motor City that weekend?? You must save time to visit The Henry Ford in Dearborn.

28. millersgarage

millersgarage

I'll be sportin my bling....:rolleyes:

tag.jpg

29. Curt B

Curt B

I've got technical training in Plymouth with a weekend layover. Now that I found something cool to do saturday the Ford thing can be sunday. My ride will be a midsize Hertz and is there anything else considered a must see?

30. Freakin' show off!!! :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see you there.