Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011 HotRod Power Tour!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrconcdid, Apr 26, 2011.

1. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Anyone going, this has been my GOAL since I started this build, I still dont know if I will make it or not for the tour part but Im going to the show reguardless. Anyone going?

The venues for the 2011 HOT ROD Magazine Power Tour are out!

Register now and save - only $70.00!

Early registration ends Wednesday, May 25, 2011. Either click the link below or call 877-413-6515 877-413-6515 .

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE 2011 HOT ROD POWER TOUR!

Hotel Booking Service

Either click on the link below or call 866-914-8922 866-914-8922 for easy hotel reservation with great rates and policies!

2011 HOT ROD Power Tour Dates & Cities

Saturday June 4, Cocoa Beach, FL Port Canaveral

Sunday June 5, Valdosta, GA South Georgia Motorsports Park

Monday June 6, Montgomery, AL Montgomery Motorsports Park

Tuesday June 7, Nashville, TN LP Field

Wednesday June 8, Indianapolis, IN Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Thursday June 9, Muskegon, MI Downtown Muskegon

Friday June 10, Detroit, MI Metro Beach Metropark

Saturday June 11, Detroit, MI Long Haulers Ceremony (Location TBD)

Get all the Power Tour updates by texting "HRPT" to "59925."

2. They should do one on the west coast.

3. 92GTA

92GTA

Yeah I would do it if it were within 400 miles or so each way...

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

They did, in 2000. We went from San Berdo, CA to Panama City Beach, FL. Where were you?? :p

I want one that goes from from the Pacific Northwest to the New England States....a true long haul. None of this midwest only pansie stuff. :D

5. They've done a few on the west coast if my memory serves me right. They tend to move it around each year, covering a different part of the country and doing a different route. This year is South to North, last year was Central Mid West (I believe) It'll probably be back West next year... Seems that they try and hit all points so that the whole country can participate at one point or another. Which is a good thing in my opinion.

6. George

George

Unofficial gossip is the Tour will likely stay in a box of Fla-Tx-Mn-NY. The vast % of the population(vendors customers, vendors pay big $ to go) lives in the box.

7. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

the tour moves every year it has been 4 years or move since it was in florida.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It will start in Detroit next year.

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I'd do that one with you Denise...that'd make two purple cars in a row...!!! LOL...

I don't get the Midwest only deal...even tho 80% of the population lives east of the Mississippi...it'd be three days drive from here just to get to Florida.

R-

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You just name the date and I'll meet you in Seattle Washington and we'll drive across the top of the country seeing sites along the way till we get to Bangor Maine.;)

OR I'll meet you in Maine and we'll go westbound to Seattle. Makes no difference to me, same amount of miles.

I really wonder how many HAMB guys would participate in a cross country, tradtional only hot rods and customs, cruise across the USA? Seriously??

11. bigbubba

bigbubba

:)
    I'd be in but i gotta finish my truck first and it will be next year before i get 2 weeks vac. and 2 mor after that till i get 3 weeks:)

12. George

George

Maybe, but not always where they end. Ended in Mobile last year, starts in Cocoa Bch this yr.

13. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i did a couple legs last year. chattanooga tn to b'ham. got to take the 25cent tour of coker tire.he had a open house/block party. the coker deal was worth the cost of gas and entering. it was great!!!! did quite a few events last year, and i have to say this was the most fun of all.the tour went thru a small town called summerville ga,which is where my grandparents lived when i was a kid.i now live in a small town called somerville, al. cool huh. anyway tried to find their old house but it had burned down.had not been back there in 40 years, so it was kind of special to me. but i ramble. the short part i did was the hi-lite of my summer car stuff. a group of us are going to meet the tour in montgomery al. this year and cruise to nashville tn. maybe on to indy. again it was the most fun i had all summer.

14. Marcia

Marcia

You start in Bangor Maine and I'm there!

15. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I'm going to pick it up in Indy and go to Michigan. Have to be back home Friday though for the Heads Up Nostalgia Drags in WI on Saturday though.

16. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

I'm in but only from Muskegon to Detroit!

17. I hope to do a leg of it. I was just in Muskegon over the weekend, lots of parking for sure.

18. fell in with them in AZ in about 2001.. was fun to cruze along- unfortunately I was in my dakota and not my 55

19. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Wouldn't that be a kick...??? Get 75 or 100 guys to do that for, what, two weeks...could we do it that fast...and sightseeing along the way...???

I'd rather start in Seattle and go east, mainly cuz Denver is closer to Seattle...and if I'd have to drive all the way to Bangor, Maine, I've already driven 3/4's of the way across this country just to turn around and go back...!!! Besides, I have a sis that lives in Pittsfield, Mass...I could see her for a few days...!!!

I guess it'd be a toss up for you either way...and we'd need a HAMB type name for it...

R-

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  20. paintcan54

paintcan54

My son and I did a short leg of the '98 Power Tour, drove to St. Louis and met up with them then all the way to the end in Mt. Clemens. Had a blast.

21. chubbie

chubbie

we did power tour last year. good time, there is a lot to see so we took a lot of pictures. we do a slide show on TV, and take our time to see all the cars. most of the cars are late model cars, a lot of "D" plates in windows:confused::confused: a few old cars, and the rest are '60-70's cars. lot of SUV's and pick-ups w/ 22" wheels and strange shit like that. don't think we'll ever go again

22. George

George

I'm planning Port Canaveral, Valdosta & Montgomery.

23. Doing the long haul in the 34:)

24. Granny 5

Granny 5

We were first timers last year and had a blast. Met a ton of folks including Corky Coker and Jerry Magnuson with his insane roadster that he and Foose built. Plus got photo shoot for feature in Hot Rod down in Mobile AL on the last day! Hoping to see lots more traditional styled rods roughing it out there like us this year. The wife is going this year and I swear she's more jacked up than I am! We'll be running from Cocoa to Indy. If you see us make sure to say "Hey"! See y'all on the road! Jason & Ashlee

25. A casual drive across the top Seattle-Bangor? Sounds like a blast.

C2C12 is a few short months away. ;)
    Bil

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A casual organized cruise across the country would be a lot of fun. I've done about all the "have to make XXX# of miles a day to get there in time trips from here to Texas that I don't want to have to do any mad dashes anymore though.

If someone can figure out how to do it in daylight hours and not actually drive more than 8 hours a day it would work.

27. Interesting. Maybe now I'll have the motivation, and a deadline, to get the final few issues with my '69 Firebird sorted out... :rolleyes: Detroit to where though? I'll have to look into this :)

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm sure the whole route will be announced on Saturday June 11th at the ending ceremony. I'm not going to it but long haul out of town peeps that are sleeping at my house that weekend are so I'll get the whole scoop and post.

29. Thanks! I'll keep an eye, and an ear, out myself. :)