Register now to get rid of these ads!

White performance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mgtstumpy, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKIP W

SKIP W

Yes your correct about the spelling, but then again, I'll bet the spell check is your best friend. I did come to resolve an issue, and that I'm doing. So you have looked the box over and have determined that it was not not underwater. Who said it was underwater, certainly not me. I said it must have been exposed to a greater amount of moisture than is normal. Why do you think I'm worried if the customer buys from me again. I'm only worried that he is informing others that we have wronged him, and I say otherwise. By the way, do you not know what a comma is, or an apostrophe. Your punctuation is horrible. Spell check can't help you on this can it.

2. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Yes, I am shocked that a business owner would defend himself as you have. I have no problem with someone defending themselves but it could have been done far more tactfully. Deserved or not, "You silly old man, please shut up." is completely inappropriate on a public forum even if you did say please. I am afraid sir you may have done your credibility far more harm than if you had said nothing. This ain't Vegas, what happens on the HAMB doesn't stay on the HAMB.......... I have no doubt this will soon be making the rounds of the automotive forums.

3. There are other automotive forums?

4. SKIP W

SKIP W

The crank was not placed in the box dry, and it did have a plastic bag around it. I'm sure the bag was removed to take the picuture. Our man in the machine shop worked for Morgan Mcclure for 15 years, and has balanced over 2,500 of these for us. He would never had wiped the crank clean for any reason.

5. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

How do you balance a rotating assembly without wiping it clean, just askin?

6. Joey7319

Joey7319

Defending yourself or not doesn't give you the right to ignore forum rules and be rude to others in the process. I have bought parts from you on e bay but I doubt I'll be back.

7. SKIP W

SKIP W

I'm not a machinest, but I'm fairly certain the thin film of oil that is on journals does not interfere with the balancing. I do know the cranks are oily on the journals when they leave our shop. I will get the details from our machinest about this.

8. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Funny, I was thinking the same thing when i read the order--350 STROKER !!

9. SKIP W

SKIP W

Do forum rules allow outright insults on Skip White because he is a vendor. This is what your saying, or do you not see the insults that were thrown to me. I really don't know of any institution that allows such. Even the cops are respectful to you when they arrest you for a crime. Does being a vendor give you and others the right to carry on against me with remarks such as the ones in this thread? Because your a member does not give you the right to make slandorous remarks to me, and expect me to not defend against such.

10. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've made several purchases from White's with only one issue which turned out to be the shipper's fault. While I am somewhat surprised at some of Skip's vehement & seemingly rude rude replies in this thread, based on my personal experiences I'd buy from him again.

11. brad chevy

brad chevy

Dude the more you run your mouth the more business you are losing,so why don"t you just go on back to fipping parts on E-bay.From every remark you have made on here sounds like you just have the attitude your buddy does.That all customers are (stupid) Don"t let the door hit you in the ass. And I hope the Op gets his engine together because hes the only reason you are here.

12. Weasel

Weasel

I seem to recall that I only started to get any response at all from Mr. White after months of being stonewalled - telephone calls and messages being ignored - when I threatened to turn the matter over to these guys - see link below. Then it was suddenly all action and apologies along with the life story as to how and why things had not happened and how the type of engine I had ordered and was still actively being touted on eBay was no longer available.

http://www.tn.gov/attorneygeneral/cpro/protectingconsumer.html

13. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Why are you guys shocked at rude insults ? Thats all you ever give out to each other and new members. WTF ? REALLY !!!! Are you guys that miserable in your lives? Got to go now my 23 year old girlfriend is about to get home from work. losers LOL.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Count me as another one who has never had a problem when ordering from Skip. The parts are always what I ordered and expected and show up within four days from when I order them.
    And anyone can order the wrong part, I've done that with other vendors and just did it on a shop manual for my ot car when I clicked on the wrong link and didn't pay enough attention.

15. roanokejim

roanokejim

Hi Rudebaker, I look for the smaller items through Skip White's eBay. Do you think it can satisfy me too?

16. sircampsalot2

sircampsalot2

I bought one of Skip whites Dizzy's and was Impressed with it and it was shipped in a timely manner. I would buy from him again, BUT I really think he should send the guy a stroker crank for free and then have the guy send him the 350 crank back. Whomever took the order didnt read the email very well or doesnt know that the stroker crank is different but either way as a Buisness owner or manager it doesnt matter who in your charge made the mistake it is still a mistake made by Skip white's buisness. Yes, the customer did put the wrong part number on his email but I would think that the employee's at his company should be knowledgable enough about what they sell that they would have asked for more info from the customer in order to get him what he needed. just my .2

17. CruiserUser

CruiserUser

Me and my dad have purchased quite a bit from Skip over the last few years (carguy1960 is the ebay username used, just placed another order with him even). Having worked with a high volume OT import shop I understand where Skips coming from, everyone loves to blame the vendor when the fact remains it stated for a 350 and if it sat waiting to be shipped to Australia then chances are that's when the damage occurred. We had the same issue when maybe 1% of the 2 million dollars in product sold a year had issues yet the minority is far more vocal than the happy customers.

The gang mentality of jumping on him when the fact remains he has great feedback with such high volume, a difficult thing to have on ebay (my mother at one point sold nearly 800 items per month through them) and that I personally have NEVER had an issue with the parts I've received speak volumes to me. I'd gladly get pictures of all products for anyone that doesn't believe me.

Before judging his response, look at some of the false claims made about him by others, that's just as immature.

Flame away.

18. thx for the intertainment fella's

19. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! hope my reaction to this thread is correct!:rolleyes: sounds like we have a combo of buyer not knowing what they exactly need other than a mind reader and seller that has case of "lacking skills to run his business" the way everybody wants! if i have a verbal thrashing coming i take my lumps but if not i surely react in a similar manner! i'm not defending anyone here because i never heard of the place before now.

20. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Correct I ordered a 350 stroker assembly (383) however I telephoned short after the exchange of e-mails, prior to the order being invoiced and spoke directly to Fred / Charlie / Skip (?) confirming my stroker order. It was explained to me that the additional capacity and stroke would be the right combination with torque to match the previous roller cam and torque convertor I had purchased. A stroker assembly is that, a stroker assembly. Unfortunately these calls were not recorded as these would clarify exactly was discussed. It appears that a communication breakdown, outside of my control, lead to the incorrect order being processed by the seller. I didn't see any reason to clarify that I ordered a 350 stroker assembly nor did anyone seek to clarify what this meant. Who was I to question their expertise, I was talking to someone who know a lot more than me and I was happy to take professional advice. I paid the invoice not realizing that it was incorrect assuming it referred to the ordered stroker assembly as discussed. A previous good sales experience led me to being a return customer.

I have not resorted to any personal attacks or vitriolic comments and have just stuck to the facts. I did not refer to anyone as a scammer, stupid and resent some insinuations and won't even dignify those comments with a response as it serves no purpose. This is about the processes not the individuals involved and not a personal attack, constructive criticism assists in that things can be learned and processes improved. I'll admit making mistakes and put my hand up when the time comes, however I cannot control processes in any organization that I am not a part of.

Yes, these kits are available here however they are purchased in bulk by importers, presumably at a better unit price than what customers pay, freighted here with applicable import and other taxes paid before the seller adds their profit margin onto the final price. Like many other Ozzies I'm taking advantage of the great current exchange rate, $USD-v-$AUD and have a budget to operate within. The cost of cars / parts / services to us overseas HAMBERS is significantly more that what US HAMBERS pay. We have limited choices and must use alternative means to source what is needed.

The crank as depicted is 'AS-IS' when I opened the box after taking delivery. The box was sealed and not water damaged nor was it wrapped in anything or covered with any protective coating. It was completely dry hence the damage. I doubt if anyone would accept delivery of a NEW crank in that condition irrespective of who the seller is. Some due diligence in the form of a film of protective lubricant, wrapping or desiccant would have prevented the crank being damaged whilst in transit.

The parts were shipped by and stored in a clean dry environment operated by a reputable global shipper. The parts were imported by an experienced local business with many years experience whom I have used previously without issue.

All previous requests for assistance met with negative results; as well as other compromises I put forward, to my financial detriment. I did not prep or pack the crank into the box, all I know is that it arrived damaged, the incorrect order was processed and order was incomplete.

Why would I purchase a 350 when I already had a serviceable 350 given that I previously purchased rings and bearings from this vendor? A ridiculous proposition to think that I'd go out out my way and deliberately incur significant costs and buy damaged goods so I would have something to complain about in the future.

21. 26 roadster

26 roadster

I have had nothing but good service and parts as expected from Skip and staff, always friendly and helpful, matter of fact I will be there next week for some more stuff. I am only about an hour and a half away and love the place. The original question was anyone had dealt with them, well yes.

22. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I have never dealt with these people. But the fact that 26 roadster had good service from them isn't really special. It's normal, expected business. I noticed right away the order referred to a 350 stroker assembly. Just like the one I have in my 383. If it has standard 350 stroke it's not a "Stroker" People who are in business selling Hot Rod parts are expected to know things like this. As I said, I have not dealt with these people, and after reading Mr. Whites responses I never will.

23. oj

oj

I have never dealt with 'Skip' and should keep my opinions to myself - since others have opened the door to random potshots heres' my take. That crank - the one that Skip said they balanced - would have been cleaned of its' protective cosmoline in order to balance, you'd wouldn't even be able to bolt on the bob weight gizmo. If the pic shows 'as received' shot of the crank in its' original packing the cardboard supports are missing, the packaged silicon to absorb moisture is missing and the rust preventative wrapping is gone. If the supports are missing that, for me, would have ignited a bomb for that crank (not the most stout of all possible cranks) went from tennessee to australia in a containor on the deck of a boat! I would imagine that it is as straight as a new york lawyer!
    On the other hand, how do we know that that is the crank that was sent.
    As far as Skip coming on here blasting away, i would expect nothing less and my attitude would be to 'fuck the intro, the niceties, the calm and professional manner, i am going to kick some ass'. He is the boss, that is his job. He is speaking not for himself but for all the employees as well. Behind the scenes, were we don't see things, he is kicking ass with his emplyees too - thats his job. No, i don't know the guy, never did business with them, could care less one way or the other. I am just describing what a boss' job is.
    In my opinion, he should suck it up and replace the crank. His employees stripped the crank of the protective film in order to balance it. It was not properly prepared to be sent overseas in a hostile environment. The issue of it being a 'stroker' etc is one where they can duke it out off stage, that is one of them 'he said-she said' deals.
    Thats what i think, oj

24. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

X2, what a start by showing your ass.

25. At the end of the day all a mans really got is his reputation!!! I applaud Mr White for defending himself and understand some of his rude remarks. He was backed into a corner and came out swinging. Like stated already this is a he said/she said situation and really not any of our business.

26. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

X2 Well said.

27. 76cam

76cam

Well from the looks of that crank it must have been sitting in that container box for a while that rust is pretty thick.How long was it held up in CA. before it was shipped to you?

28. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Well put who every he was on the phone with him..Needs to know what all go's with a stroker kit.............

I bought one of Skip whites Dizzy's and was Impressed with it and it was shipped in a timely manner. I would buy from him again, BUT I really think he should send the guy a stroker crank for free and then have the guy send him the 350 crank back. Whomever took the order didnt read the email very well or doesnt know that the stroker crank is different but either way as a Buisness owner or manager it doesnt matter who in your charge made the mistake it is still a mistake made by Skip white's buisness. Yes, the customer did put the wrong part number on his email but I would think that the employee's at his company should be knowledgable enough about what they sell that they would have asked for more info from the customer in order to get him what he needed. just my .2

29. boucher racing

boucher racing
    from nashville

Mr. White, your true colors are coming out and look turd brown.

30. SKIP W

SKIP W

Below is a copy of the first part of the add on this item, and it clearly shows to be a 350 rotating assembly. By giving us this item number it assured that was what you get. No where in the add is mention of a 383. As I said it is unfortunate that this happened, and I have agreed to discount the 383 assembly that you do want to $595.00 plus send you a set of 10 under main and rod bearings for the 350 crank that will need turned. We also offered to pay the shipping to LA on this 120 lb item. This alone would cost us around $85.00 as were 2,300 miles from LA We can't just send you a crank only as others have mentioned because the 350 pistons will not work on a 3.750 stroke crank. As for the rust on the crank we positively never sent it like that, and nor do we wipe the crank down to balance it. The two end journals are wiped down as they sit in a nylon cradle, and should they have dust or dirt on them we do wipe them down, and re-oil them. This crank has been exposed to an excess amount of moisture after leaving our place. You said there was a shipping delay. It was several months after you purchased this that we first recieved a call. We have never encountered someone ordering a 350 rotating assembly but intendid it to be a 383. As for the term, "stroker" being used in your order description, we have found many people to use this term when ordering a stock stroke rotating assembly. Some people do in fact think the word stroker means, "rotating assembly" but in hotrodder terms it indicates a longer than stock stroke. The key word for what you wanted would have been, "383" and this does not have any mention of this. The discounted assembly, bearings for the 350 crank, and the shipping total well over $300.00 and were actually ready to increase our prices on all parts, as it's well past due. We will not increase your discounted price.
    THIS IS A COMPLETE BALANCED SBC 350 ROTATING ASSEMBLY WITH FULLY PROBE FORGED FLAT TOP PISTONS 4.030 BORE & 5.7 RODS. SCAT CRANKSHAFT FITS 1PC REAR MAIN SEAL BLOCKS.
    [​IMG]
    Fits 1pc. rear main seal sbc blocks that are 30 over bore size.
    Dish piston setups available as well as those for 2pc. rear main seal . See our other listings.
    This assembly uses a Scat nodular steel crankshaft, PC 5.7 full floating bushed rods. Probe low expansion fully forged flat top pistons, 30 over,(4.030 bore size), Hastings molly rings, King bearings, Pro Street damper 8.00" with new mounting hardware, SFI approvable 168 tooth flexplate,

The Scat Crankshaft is far superior to any of the cast nodular cranks on the market in our opinion. If you do a search on this , you will find this crankshaft to be far more expensive than any cast nodular steel crank on the market.

Here are some of the benefits of the Scat crankshaft,

Scat 9000 Pro Series Features

Aero-Wing counterweight design increases horsepower by reducing windage
    Straight shot oil holes
    Stress-relieved and shot-peened
    Precision ground and micropolished
    Cast from Special Space-age 9000 Material that is stronger than O.E.M Cast
    Designed after there Custom Billet cranks
    Small Block Rated to 600 Max HP
    PROBE FPS FULLY FORGED FLAT TOP LOW EXPANSION PISTONS RATED AT 700+ HP THESE PISTONS ARE VERY RESISTANT TO THE DAMAGE CAUSED BY DETONATION COMPARED TO NON FORGED OR HYPEREUTECTIC PISTONS. THIS AUCTION IS FOR THE FLAT TOP SETUP, WITH TWO VALVE RELIEFS. DISH SETUPS ALSO AVAILABLE, SEE OUR OTHER LISTINGS. PROBE PISTONS ARE 100% MANUFACTURED IN THE USA. THEY ARE ONE OF THE HIGHEST RATED PISTON BUILDERS IN THE COUNTRY.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.