Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Rancho Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Brewton

Brewton

Cool Video! Even cooler roadster!

2. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Hi all,

Thankyou all very much for all the nice comments!

Yes, it's little old me in the film. Its a funny circular kind of thing for me, in a way, this website has a lot to do with creating what you see in the film. I joined here about ten years back,(member no. 586!) and have to admit that most of my education in this field is straight from the hour or more I spend reading posts on here most days..

The Quiet ,calm thing? well I guess that comes from working alone. no-one to yell at! The market for these cars is tiny in Australia (but growing i hope!) and I feel blessed when I look around the shop and only see cars I would love to own myself..Im also happy to have great customers who trust my judgement and skills.

The Roadster? well it started as being a 'spec' car built to sell..but Im not someone who compromises (I guess thats evident in my chosen business!) so it became a more personal expression , and it would be a very dedicated and persuasive fellow that could wrestle it from me now.

oh , Ryan, we have actually met!
    LSRU ,two years back..I rode with Squeek Bell in that Black Fourty coupe that got the HAMB pick that year.

Thanks again for the appreciation.

Ben.

3. Kettleman

Kettleman

Great video, love the shop the roadster and to copy Ryan everyone needs a black roadster:D

Great Job Lowsquire!

4. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Ha, how embarrassing Ryan, LOL. JK.

We joined about the same time (554 here). Too funny....

Proves how bad ass this place is, and how it has been bad ass.

~Bro

5. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Wow, what a film...... Lowsquire gets it.

Low tech, High HAMB. That's it.

The Roadster, every Hambers Dream.

Thanks for posting.

6. Top guy building beautiful stuff, proud to call Ben a friend.

M

7. v8 garage

v8 garage

Coolest thing that I have seen in a while. Thanks for sharing.
    V/8

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, I know exactly who you are now... I can't believe I didn't put one and two together... Seems like we sat and shot the shit for a bit while Mr. Bell was messing with his generator? Or something like that?

9. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Cool vid, and even cooler roadster...black is beautiful!

10. This is one of a few short films put together by Bandit film's who are a few mates of mine, not really car guys but have an appreciation for them and the people behind them.
    This project began as a discussion and was followed through just for the kicks, i think that they did an exceptional job and i know that we will see more from them in the future.
    Kyle

11. duste01

duste01

Very nice. I find myself interested in the columbia 2 speed parts on the work bench. That part of the truck build?

12. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Yep that was it, Squeeks starter crapped out after 1500 miles as we drove into the Roundup. We asked the girls on the Gate for help..and Reggie got a repair for it all sorted. We were both blown away by how helpful everyone was!

All going well, I'll see you next year..

13. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Sure is! Its all back together and in the Chassis now. Expensive job, but will make it a really great long distance driver.
    it was originally put in the truck in 1953 or or so!

14. sophisto79

sophisto79

Cool and inspirational film. My buddy emailed that to me a few weeks ago too. That Roadster is perfection. I love the little details. It's understated, no nonsense hot rodding at its best.

Lowsquire, slightly O/T, but where did that Jaeger clock come from? I gotta make room in the dash of my tub for one of those.

15. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

The clock was an ebay find, seller told me it was in a Bentley, probably early fifties, but maybe earlier.has a winder that sticks out below the dash.

16. Gareth

Gareth
    from San Diego

It certainly is an amazingly well put together clip that really captures the essence of Ben, his shop and his Roadster. You know what was better than watching that clip though? Blasting around the streets of Melbourne in the Autumn sunshine today in that very roadster! Good times.....

17. zomb1e

zomb1e

just plain cool

18. 34fordchop

34fordchop
    from California

19. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

20. Gunpilot

Gunpilot
    from Tennessee

Lowsquire,

I'm in awe. Totally inspired. Hey, what's the deal on the VW Bug? Sharp piece as well.

thanks for what you do.

21. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Can't seem to view the Rancho Deluxe, click the proper go button & all I get is a fragmentated broken audio & video,any secret access ?

22. Huh. My version of the clip was played backwards as the roadsters steering wheel was on the wrong side ?............... Funny all the guage writing and signage was correct tho.....

WHERE THE STORAGE OF JUNK STUFF ? CAN LOWSQUIRE REALLY ONLY HAVE JUST THE PARTS HE NEEDS AND NO EXTRA,BOXES OF DEBRI.. GOSH I AM JEALOUS

23. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

that was a very cool video, that guy sure has a good voice and tempo in his delivery. thanks

24. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

Thanks for sharing. What a great video!

25. sophisto79

sophisto79

That's sweet! Manual wind too? Nice. Maybe I'll get lucky and find something similar.

Can't wait to see that Truck done too.

26. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

It's the formula for every show... deadline we can't make, but not one has been missed yet!!! They must be working 25 hrs. a day... :rolleyes:

27. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

Hey Guys,
    Not sure if someone already posted this on another thread but here is some rad photos of lowsquire and his shop that a guy by the name of cory white aka Mr Blanc took. Really nice photos that really capture that same feel the video has. I plan to get down to his shop myself for a look one of these days.
    http://mrblanc.com/ben-thomas-at-rancho-deluxe/

28. ChadMartin11

ChadMartin11
    from NC

Exactly. Thanks

29. Zaemo

Zaemo
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

While working in Australia last year, I decided to seek out Ben and his shop on a day off. We finally got our schedules together and I walked over in the afternoon. Ben was by himself working in the shop on a beautiful sunny day. He took the time to show me around the shop and look over his roadster. Ben "get's it."
    He got his club together and we cruised around in a couple roadsters. They were all very kind and very into this hot rod thing. If you ever spend some time with guys from over seas who are trying their hardest to enjoy this hobby, you will begin to understand how hard it is for them to get parts. There's the red tape and tarrifs. Then there are sellers who hang up on you when they find out you don't live in the USA. Then there's the pure lack of a wide network of hot rodders, especially people into the same style! It's really hard for them and they still love this with a passion.

Good on ya, Ben. The offer still stands to stay at my place if you decide to come back to the U.S. for a road trip.

Chad