Register now to get rid of these ads!

BilletProof Detroit is Almost Here! HAMB Meet & Greet Info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Well I'll be there :D
    Matt of course your hanging with us! Brad is confirmed as well, perhaps a few other new guys too. Still working on a few guys who fear commitment!

Look for the wagon and the blue tent for the Meet and Greet,

Like my new hood ornament![​IMG]

2. slik

slik

I am hoping to make it there. If I can, I will make sure I make it to the meet and greet.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Is Chris planning on attending? I'd like to finalize plans for BlackTopBandit's Memorial weekend gig while hanging out at Billetproof.

4. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Aw man,, what a bummer! No Denise in the mud at the Jalopy Showdown?? Guess we'll have to drink an extra beer or six and think about her...

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My one and only nephew (my parents only grandchild) graduates from high school on May 22nd. I was told I'd be osterized from the family if I chose a car event (Jalopy Showdown weekend) over this milestone family function.:rolleyes::D

6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't remember if was the Olds or the Jeep. Sadly, when your hotrod portfolio contains more than 1 car (5!), and they all need something, and damned near everyone you know also wants to pay you to do the "somethings" theirs need, and having a unique talent that has more demand than I have time, and in today's economy only a fool would say no to dead presidents...shall I continue? Or, you got any time to help me build my car? Or, wanna buy any of my projects? Or, "fuck I need a break! I'ma go see some of my friends at Billetproof." Or,

Hey Denise, I'll be there! It'll be good to see ya again.

7. liv2drag

liv2drag

I just picked up this wip (work in progress) a week or so ago, Once I ensure its road worthy you can count me in. Of course someone will need to fill me in on when and where I'm going.

Attached Files:

• my52.jpg
      my52.jpg
      File size:
      479.4 KB
      Views:
  8. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

He's one that may be on the fence, but I'll let him comment if when he sees the post.
    Last I heard, I don't think Brian's place is a go for most..

9. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Sounds like a great time will be had by all! Looking forward to a fun weekend!

10. lowbuckers

lowbuckers

Denise the piston jammers will be there. George will have his gasser I will have the bucket nick will have his redone "turd" I believe kev and dan will be there with there buicks (train horns too) ian should have his 61 olds there and our newest members john who drives the studebaker bus and cory in his truck definetly saturday for sure and maybe friday depending on weather can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

Hey watch ur mouth its an altered wheel base wheelstander to you mr. haha!

cant wait to see my next ex wife again!

george

12. Stew2

Stew2
    from Bryan Oh

Last several years something has happened. Started out first year the motor took a crap and haven't been able to make it yet . This year all things bearing I'm planning on it. Here is the ride and Family. My Dad should also make it in his Merc didn't have a great pic to put here of it but it's in a couple of the Billet Proof galleries.

[​IMG]

13. fms427

fms427

We'll be there in the shoebox with its new interior.......

Attached Files:

14. That thing is beautiful dude!

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Does my future ex-husband have any more old races and bearings for me?? I will be bringing a special "treat" for you.;)

Wonderful as I'm really looking forward to checking it out.

16. tfee

tfee

I missed Billetproof last year but will be there this year. I just got the Woody running again. See you soon....

17. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

18. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I am so sad I am going to miss this! But I have it on my list for next year. Denise this really is a fantastic picture of "Big Olds".

19. Planning on bringing the '54 and the '34 down. I can only make it down for the show on Saturday. I'll have to miss all of the Friday night and Saturday night fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Millersgarage - You better be there! I look forward to seeing everyone again.

If we haven't met, stop by and say hello.

20. fordcpe

fordcpe

My wife has us camping around flint mi so I am going to try and slip away. I will have to go from there to windsor and get the car then to the show lots of driving. Darrell

Attached Files:

21. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Just signed up yesterday. Guess I'll be one of the token Fords.

Attached Files:

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Next year at BilletProof I'll introduce you to the guy that took this photo and you two can talk "shop".:cool:

I'm hoping you've had a chance to polish and paint my HAMB license plate topper?? I'll have a special "treat" for you.;)

Camping in Michigan in May?? You're a brave sole.:D
    See ya there!

23. 50Delux

50Delux
    from Michigan

I will be there but not in anything kool.:mad: Unless you think a 97 Saturn is kool.:eek: So this will be the 3rd time Ive seen Denise in person just wonder if I will be able to fight the crowd to introduce myself.

24. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I am anxious to see your cars!

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Pleeeze :rolleyes: :p
    Bring an old race or bearing and move to the front of the hug line :p

26. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Denise, I have some big ones from these old Packards. I'll do my best to remember em for ya.

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

That would be awesome.
    Also, I'll bring cookies if you bring "apple pie" :D

28. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

We'll be in Milford at Camp Dearborn with the Tin Can Tourists, but I doubt I'll be able to sneak away Sat. even if only to bop over to Yipsi. Too bad...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  29. Choptop

Choptop

nice!!! we need to talk... at the CA show we get a good turn out of vintage campers... would love to have ya'll at the Ypsi show.

30. flatoutflyin

flatoutflyin

I couldn't believe the gold '57 Chev. custom convertible. When I was 13 or 14 (1960 or 1961), a fellow up the street from us was building this car (from a total hit in the front, as I recall) at his body shop in Norwood?, Ohio. The car would sit in his driveway at home (corner of Springfield Pike and Wentworth Ave., Wyoming, OH) from time to time, and I would study it for hours as it progressed. I remember it with some sort of a half top, and a wild, hand tooled leather interior. His sons had a pair of custom Crosleys parked on the street all the time. I think his name was Bob Horn. He always took time to talk with me about the car. It was a well know show car around Cinti., Oh in the early '60's. We moved and I never saw it again. I'd heard that it was on a used car lot on Kellog Ave., east of Cincinnati, out in the weather, unprotected, with a trunk full of trophies and magazines in which it had appeared, with an asking price of $5000.00, but I couldn't find it. This was maybe 10 years ago. It's wonderful to see it again.