Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Coolest Car In Tucson Arizona! RIP Rick.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curly Hand, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ScottV

ScottV

What no pics of the IROCs ??? :p

I like the car, just my 1/50th of a dollar ...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  2. I assume you have not seen some the cars that Bill Euwing, John Carter or Joe Harris have built over the years.

3. So, I guess you are the man. You got any brakes? Hey, brakes are for girls, right? That's just stupid. You may want to curb your enthusiasm, I'll bet 99.99% of the real men on here are running brakes on front AND rear and are responsible enough not to listen to a FNG that has front and rear brakes on every car he's owned - prove otherwise.

4. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

You are what you eat, ya dick!

I stand by my brake comment.

5. Drive Em

Drive Em

Rick Sipes (the owner of the car in question) is used to driving cars with two brakes, as in sprint cars. Most sprint cars have one brake caliper in the rear, and one on the left front. Rick can back 'em in with the best of them.

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

awww... 600 miles, that's like 1/2 way to the drags for me one way... that's why he only needs 2 brakes, he's going on those short rides... :eek::p:D

7. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

With a locked rear that is three brakes :rolleyes:

8. t-buckethead

t-buckethead
    from texas

2nd coolest car in tucson,my dads all steel bucket,also a lucky wishbone visiter..

Attached Files:

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

350 with a T350 or T400. Yea, hard-core.

10. Weasel

Weasel

I guess front brakes are overrated eh Einstein:confused:

There is nothing cool about killing maiming or injuring either yourself or somebody else because you think something looks cool. It is not only illegal but totally irresponsible not to run front brakes on the street (post stock Model T era) in most, if not all states, but hey, you can't fix stupid....

11. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

That's definetly a fine ride! I'm not a T-bucket guy, but I'd like one like that!

12. It is a cool car - no doubt - Coolest one in Tucson? Who knows?

But anyone that thinks driving a car on the street without front brakes is cool is a fucking moron. Especially in todays world where even the most basic little shit box will out stop the best stuff of the 60's or even 70's. Sure, It may stop OK when he's driving around without any panic situation. And I don't give a shit if he is a Sprint Car driver, that has nothing to do with the 16 year old numnutz on the cell phone that cuts him off and slams on the brakes. He nails the brakes on that thing and after the wreck he will be held liable regardless of fault for not having adequate and legal brakes. My drag car doesn't have front brakes, it does have massive rear brakes and a parachute and I don't get them hot driving around, plus I have a lot of room to stop, and it still sucks. Sorry, but no front brakes on a street driven car is foolish. Period.

13. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

I have not seen their cars however I would like to. Do you have any photos?

14. I will see what I can dig up or go too the old ford store and see Peter he has alot of them hanging on the wall when they were in the mags. Or go too rodder's day on 4th ave first weekend in may on satruday and you will see some really nice cars down there.

15. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Thank you Ron I will do that.

16. metalshapes

metalshapes

Some of the competition.

All these are, or were in Tucson at some point.

Bill%20Herbert.jpg

Ardun powered '32 Roadster.

ELIMINATOR.jpg

The Eliminator was found here.

user68594_pic31281_1228613919.jpg

The Allison powered Green Monster lived here for a very long time.

New Image.JPG

The Bamford Cad Alfa was found here and was restored here as well.

crmcarnesbob60cdr.jpg

Bob Carnes pre production Bocar.

20091211171317_townsend.jpg

TownsendPeteMKIVZ2.jpg

Frank Townsends Typhoons were built here

Feb0065.JPG

The Speed Sport roadster " Old Noisy" was built here too.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  17. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Holy Cow! That Deuce Roadster with the ARDUN heads is pretty darn cool alright! I love the Speed Sport Special, and I believe that is Frank Townsend's little purple Road Racer. These are all cool cars no doubt about it! Truth be known anyone of them could be considered the coolest car in town... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I say God Bless ya! As for me the 34 in question is quite literally a dream car! I was taken back by how many people did not care for it...

18. metalshapes

metalshapes

No man... I love it.

I'm just saying it has some very stiff competition for the coolest car title...:D

19. erlomd

erlomd

No brakes in the front and he's runnin a magneto? Maybe it's a drag car. Regardless it's very nice. I've seen really nice cars in Tucson though it ain't the only one out there that's for sure but it's a breath of fresh air whenever you see something like that on the street. As for the cupholder...what can I say, it's hot in Tucson and there's no AC in the car...lol thank God!

20. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

QUOTE "I'm just saying it has some very stiff competition for the coolest car title"...

It most certainly does. Those are all great cars. I wonder how many mind blowing cars are in Tucson, that for one reason or another you just never see or learn about? Like that Deuce with the Ardun heads, I would flip if I saw that thing at Lucky Wishbone, or driving down Speedway! I would absolutely flip!

21. metalshapes

metalshapes

I drive mine all the time, but I dont go to a lot of shows...

003-3.jpg

TodayRoadster.jpg

22. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

This is exactly what I am taking about! This is a seriously killer car and I had no idea it even existed. I have never seen this car, and it is probably within 7 miles of my house! I would love to see this baby roll up at Little Anthony's or the Bone! I just realized that photo was taken at Shawn's shop as well! LOL! I was just there!

23. metalshapes

metalshapes

Hey, then you know about Shawns Anglia...:D

(to me a very cool car...)

BBQ 001.jpg

Thanks for the nice words about my roadster, I'll have take it out to Lil Anthony's...

24. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Oh Heck Yeah! I love that Anglia! Here is a photo of my Model-A Coupe parked next to it at the drags. I have since done away with the pin-striping. I will keep an eye out for ya! Hope to see you soon.

Attached Files:

25. metalshapes

metalshapes

That looks really good.

Yeah, we should meet up.

26. I beg to differ I think this is the coolest car in tucson....
    [​IMG]

27. KomptonKid

KomptonKid

Smooth roof, different color trunk louver panel- is the body 'glas? Not a critique, still wouldn't kick it outta my garage.

28. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Personally I would have mounted the generator in the trunk, but other than that she's cherry.

29. rick finch

rick finch

Grow up....or go away.

30. smoked1

smoked1

I concur! If it matters, you are spot on my friend! These modern drivers most don't respect the old cars. You NEED front brakes. When I first bought my 41 some knucklehead had the front brakes disconnected=scary ride! I may be a pussy but I can stop reasonably well now!