Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hurst presents you the white tire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODRUBBER, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Deuces

Deuces

The blue bicycle tires will match the paint on my Mongoose...:rolleyes:

2. Muttley

Muttley

[​IMG]

3. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Glass transparent tires on the Golden Sahara II

I searched and searched, but couldn't find anything on the pimp-mobile with pink tires. Like I said, it was back in the 70's... I do seem to recall that said "pimp" was part of the inspiration for the movie Doctor Detroit staring Dan Aykroid... But that too may be wrong. It was 30-some years ago. :)

4. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Why well Why not.... Screw white walls I have white tires!

6. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

ha ha ha!!!

7. I do agree, why? But they are dam cool though!!

8. mj40's

mj40's

HOTRODRUBBER, Show us a photo of the car these are going on when you get one.

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

even though I am not crazy about them I would like to give you an e for effort. I bet it was a lot of extra work and you helped someone get something that is not otherwise available.

10. ScottV

ScottV

OK now I gotta ask ... if I do a burnout with a black tire I get white smoke, so if I do a burnout with these do I get black smoke ???
    And will they use these when they finally elect a HotRod Pope ???!!!??? :p

11. Devoz

Devoz

I loved those little white slicks, they had much better grip.

12. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

I don't get it either....

13. The expertise in manufacturing is phenomenal , but they look like they fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

14. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

obnoxious, I luv'em .

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

not seeing how anyone would think that was even slightly cool. some people have incredibly bad taste.

Muttley likes this.
  16. 65Riviera

65Riviera

Wow, definitely need to be on a cust

17. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

If someone had a beautifully crafted hot rod where everything was just like jewelry and it was all perfect in every way and it had these tires on it, the immediate reaction from viewers would be..."holy moly, look at those tires".....
    ....and that is a disservice to the builder and the hard work involved in such a car.
    That PERFECT hot rod will evermore be referred to as "that car with the white tires"....
    That is not the way I would want my car to be remembered.
    The novelty aspect of these tires would drown out all the details of the car itself and leave it labeled as an oddity.

I feel terrible about my feelings, but there you go. You wanted opinions, so you are a strong guy to ask, so my hat's off to you.
    Good luck and I do admire your work in developing something different.
    Not trying to sound sarcastic, but the import guys and "tuners" would probably go ape-crap for them if you made them in their sizes. Seriously. That's your market.
    As stated...you are to be admired for venturing out there and making something wild....:)

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yer killin me here.:D My daughter really likes this, she is pointing at it and yelling "cat, hat...cat"

Doesnt happen often but I am 100% in agreement with you. Like you give a flyin' ****.

Yup, dead on. Only a total twat would put these on any self-respecting hot rod, custom or muscle car. Like wearing an "I'm with stupid" shirt with the arrow pointing up.
    Just my opinion, of course.

19. daddylama

daddylama

can't say they're my thing... but seeing them on a wild psychedelic 60s custom rod would be pretty cool...

20. moefuzz

moefuzz

If I remember correctly, Ford experimented with glow in the dark/colored tires in the early 60's.

Like many 'prototypes' from the big 3, the tires were not made for production but where more of an 'Information gathering exercise' than anything.

21. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

I've heard some say it was some sort of special "Poly"-something while others say they were a type of fiberglass. It looks like they worked for at least 100 yds? Hard to believe not one set has resurfaced!:confused:

22. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

You have to love the HAMB family , It reminds me of the Easter Sunday that I will be attending with my family. Some of the uncles and aunts , cousins and nefews you don't even want to ask how they are doing and some you can't wait to shoot the breeze with. But in honesty you are happy to have all of them around you becuase its family. Good nor Bad they are blood in one way or another and its life in its purest form.

The customer that these went to has a full show 1968 Dart, I know its Off Topic but that should not be the issue, really I don't see any issues at all and the general attitude is spot on for what he is trying to do. I feel it will have a Muscle Machines vibe with its A Fuel Hemi poping out of the hood.

The most important statement that I can make is that we did this, My Dad and I. This is how good we are at what we do. Not that this is suppose to be anything more than what it is. Some people drink, some do drugs, some dress in womens underwear,......We build tires. Some times a white one or two.

Happy Easter Weekend Yall!!!!!!!!

Cody "HOTRODRUBBER" Adams
    Adams Hot Rod Rubber / HURST RACING TIRES

23. Some people drink, some do drugs, some dress in womens underwear,......We build tires. Some times a white one or two.

Lmfaof

24. I'd like know if there is a distributor in Ontario Canada for Hurst tires as I want a set of them...black ones.

25. moefuzz

moefuzz

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  26. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Great job Cody! At least we know what is possible. This makes me think there could be an "end-of-day" run with tires like the factories used to do and make multi-colored ashtrays and misc just to run out the "product". Splash pattern tires!:p

27. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

those are weird, useless, impractical, and i cant understand why anyone would ever put them on a car............i want a set, bad

28. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Didn't you try to make this tire a couple of years back? But, price wise it was CRAZY$$$$. Maybe, it wasn't you and was the other small tire guy (not Coker). I just somehow recall that you were talking about it and you had to order special rubber from a small island in Bum F$(K somewhere.

I think that the tires are 'neat' and it is good that you overcame a challenge and if you put a high enough price on something, the other person will 'bite'. I did that once & then said "Oops", but I had to follow thru because it was CRAZY money for something stupid.

Chris

29. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

I would have loved to have seen a totally white pair without the blackwall.

I`m gettin sick of seeing those glowing tyres.
    [​IMG]