Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Coolest Car In Tucson Arizona! RIP Rick.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curly Hand, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

This car is absolutely perfect. Drilled split wish-bones, Halibrands with knock-offs, spindle mount Halibrands up front, dirt-track steering, three Stromberg 97's, magneto, bomber seats, sheet metal interior, all on a sweet ass "34" Ford! I could not believe it when this thing pulled up! This is a car you see in Southern California, not Tucson!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2011
  2. Is that a billit cup holder;);):rolleyes::eek:

3. What will those Pima County boys think of next?

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

cool ride,with a SBC no less

5. ice 123

ice 123
    from Tucson Az.

Holy Cow! You got my vote! If there is a cooler car in Tucson I have never seen it!

6. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

I hear ya bro! I'm telling you man this thing was the real deal! It is a true Hot Rod!

7. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

A cup holder A cup holder no way

8. ice 123

ice 123
    from Tucson Az.

The car is beautiful! If you can't see that because of a cup holder, then you are blind...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

No front brakes? Not cool, dangerous...

10. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

I'm telling you guys cup holder or not this car is three different kinds of BITCHEN! I know the spindle mounts are kind of scary, but damn they are cool as hell! It is built just like a vintage Drag Car. It is so refreshing to a see a car like this in Tucson! I am so sick of seeing the 85 Pro-Street IROC with a huge tach mounted on top of the dash! To see a car like this in Tucson is truly something!

11. Drive Em

Drive Em

I saw Rick's car this past weekend in El Paso, and it seems to stop fine, even on the freeway during rush hour, at about 75 MPH.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  12. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

There are a lot of great cars in Tucson and this is defiantly one of them. Where did you see it at?

13. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

YEAH!! MAN!! Thanks for posting the photos!!!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  14. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

I saw it at the Lucky Wishbone get together. Every Wed. night Old Spanish Trail & Harrison.

15. brady1929

brady1929

16. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

x2 uncool on a street driven car... for the track? different story.

it only takes one thing to kill a car and make someone move along to the next one in line, and there are plenty more waiting in that line. that is the hard truth, especially when you are looking at an otherwise great car.

17. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

18. Drive Em

Drive Em

I don't think the owner cares about being correct, he drove it 600+ miles on it's maiden voyage, and probably had more fun than most have doing it. I guess it's just one more walk a billy criticizing other people's cars.

19. el shad

el shad

If he ever offers an "ownership available" option to the car dont buy it. See problem solved.....

If everyone dug the exact same shit this site and our hobby as a whole would suck ass.

20. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

That is pretty damn cool. I'd run front brakes if it were me though.

21. slammed

slammed

It's tough looking, chopped and DRIVEN. Cup holder, maybe 'cause driving a hot rod (black) in the desert tends to dry a guy out in a hurry. No front brakes? So what, just being alive put's you in the crosshairs of the grim reaper. The 'Safety Pa-troll' can take a hike. Rock On Beaches.

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

cool car... stopping is not as important as most people think.

23. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Rick finished that car at about 2 am and took of for El Paso at 6 am. Round trip...no problems. The car doesn't weigh anything and with big rear brakes it will stop just fine.

24. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

So when are you and the owner going to wed? You sound too gay over this car.:eek:

25. Nice ride. This is why you build your car like YOU want it. :D Forget what everyone else thinks at least the haters anyway. :cool: Just sayin'
    Scot

26. While I'd likely run front brakes....

Who here really thinks that locking up those front "bicycle" tires would signicantly reduce the stopping distance under a panic stop?

And getting a set of motor cycle rotors and pucks to function well in everyday driving and NOT lock up and track when stomped... well...

I here prius' have great brakes

27. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

I can't wait to see it in person.

As for the cup holder... A.) It looks like it is probably removable, B.) Until you guys that are bitching about it drive a old car around during summer in Tucson, when it is 115 out side, with no A/C, STFU. I've done it, as a daily driver. If you're not drinking something, you're going to pass the fuck out before you get where you're going.

Front brakes would probably be a good idea, but if you're a defensive driver, as you should be in an old car, you should be ok. I don't seem to remember anyone jumping Littleman's shit when he built DeathsDoorStep about front brakes?

28. :rolleyes:i give it a 8.3...... OH!!!!! i'm sorry i thought we were judging it.
    looking good

29. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

walk a billy? rofl guess again

like your friend there, i drove my willys 600 plus miles on its first as well... im not criticizing anyone, or anything. merely giving an opinion.

to those who think front brakes are a bad thing, remember that if you lock up the rear wheels in a panic brake, and have zero brakes on the front, you are GOING to have the ass end of the car in front in a BIG hurry. all four locked up will keep the car going in a straight line if nothing else. jm2c

30. Mr. Guylou

Mr. Guylou

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WHO SAID SOMETHING ABOUT FRONT BRAKES CAN BE DESCRIBED IN ONE WORD; P.U.S.S.Y.!!!! I thought this was a HOT ROD forum? You know,about cars that ARE FAST AND DANGEROUS!!! Theres just too much damn estrogen flowing around here, seek medical help if this is an issue you are having, they make a special pill JUST for you girls ehem i mean guys!:cool: