Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Torque Fest 2011 - April 29-30th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, May 27, 2010.

1. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Would there be any interest in a garage party for those coming in on Thursday? I do however live on 2 miles of gravel. Maybe burgers and beer type social preparty. Let me know if there is any interest and I will see what I can pull together quick.

2. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BTW the Main Street Cafe has awesome steak sandwiches. Have to try one everywhere I travel in this great country and theirs ranks right up there.

3. And this will be saturday correct? Cant wait man

Brad

4. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I'll be there Thursday afternoon and would come out for a party.

B:DB

5. ...if anybody gets bored at this show it's their own fault!
    I can't believe all the stuff John has planned. Next year better be a 2-day show with a pre-party on Thursday.

6. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Sam, its already a 2 day show, everything is starting Friday and ends Sat. Me & the wife are rolling out of Freeport with the big blue truck Friday morning. 8 mpg and we're driving everywhere. I'll give up something else later, we are looking forward to next weekend and intend on having fun. Gene

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Well - we are already making plans for 2012 - but we gotta hope this one goes well first..........
    so PLEASE show up - even if you dont drive your hot rod/custom
    come on out - have a good time - listen to some good music - check out the art show - buy some stuff from the vendors who are coming in from CA - TX - NY

overall we think we have a lot for those that show up - for the $5 spectator fee - you will definitely get your moneys worth...............

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

and yeah - I would try to make it over to Dougs if there is free food involved.......or is it bring your own brat?

Just so everyone knows - there is a FAREWAY grocery store right when you exit Platt St -

we would appreciate people patronizing that store since they have helped spread the word locally about the show.........
    and they are not a GIANT corporation like Wal Mart (that is on the other side of town)

9. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, this cowboy is neither rich nor a gourmet chef. I figure I'll buy the first hundred burgers but don't expect fancy buns cause plain bread is cheaper and does the same trick. I might still have a few deer brats but no promises on that. It will be bring your own beverage though. Around 6:30-7:00 work? Still need a few more heads to do this so let me know. Later, Doug

10. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

you gonna have maps there on site in order to get to your place?

11. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Using the cruise map, I am the gravel road to the north where you turn left from E17 to the caves road. First place on the left. 1.8 miles of gravel 15926 109th ave for all of the GPMSers

12. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just so everyone knows Hwy 64 is closed at Sabula due to the flooding. Just so anyone coming that way knows to double check to see if it is open or not before they get there. Still need some more prepartiers also.

13. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

Anyone know what bars people will be hanging out at after the bands play?

14. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Bowling alley would be my guess or the eagles club. They are both close by

15. Gene,...the show starts at noon Fri. and runs thru Sat. that's a day and a half the way i figure it....not to be a nit-picker.
    There are 2 groups leavin Friday from this area if you wanna join one of em. I'll PM ya.

16. Doug,...can you keep us posted on the route 64 closure at Sabula?..if you hear anything. Probly should be good by next week I hope, I'll check with the Sate Police also.
    Thanks.

17. Leaving fri morning from the dekalb area if anyone wants to caravan. I will be doing 65 or so though, no slow ass cars please.

18. MACH4

MACH4
    from east iowa

There is a bar just off main street called Perxactly - they have the best tenderoins around.

19. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I am told that Perxactlys may have a band or two playing - but NOT totally 100% on this - there is a LOT of stuff going on that I dont know about these days - seems the event has taken a life of tis own!

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

DRIVE IN UPDATE -
    Ok - we are officially at 355 Pre Registered cars!!!!
    Thanks to everyone that pre registered - it means a lot to us that you would support us like this - and it helps out a LOT

we will actually have a bit OVER the 300 number for the drive in on Sat night - we had about 75 volunteers and so each of those people were to get a pre reg # in the mail if they had a car - BUT not everyone has a car that is a volunteer so we have to determine how many volunteers did not need the car reg.......
    so the reality is that about from 315-320 will be getting in to the drive in - we will have the info at the Volunteer desk in Building 2 at Torque Fest.

21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

22. Whitetrash31

Whitetrash31
    from Illinois

CAnt wait til next weekend think this is a gunna be a great show for me to start show season off with. And weather channel showing some decent weather for saturday. Lets hope!!!

23. Yes, I think we all hope so!!!!

24. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Back to the top for a awesome show

26. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I got my pre-registration packet today. Sure hope the weather is decent.

27. 60's and sunny!

28. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Picked up supplies for the pre party today. Due to smaller than expected response I only got enough burgers for forty. We will have hot dogs as a back up though. Directions are in my Torquefest preparty thread rsvp there as well or pm me thanks, Doug

29. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

the official total - 371 pre registrations!
    wow
    Thanks to all that sent your money in early - we truly appreciate it.
    Remember - Saturday morning YOU can get in at 8am......
    those that did NOT pre register have to wait til 9am.

Just another little bonus for those that are willing to send in their $$$ early.

30. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sure hope you can make it Rocky. The TF would not be the same without you!