Register now to get rid of these ads!

(((SILVERCITY SHAKEDOWN))) New England HOT ROD show.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by allstarderrick, Apr 11, 2011.

1. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

I thought it was time to start getting people amped up for our new show seeing that it's two months from today. SILVERCITY SHAKEDOWN, Saturday, June 11th Noon to 8pm. Pre'65 Traditional Hotrods, Customs and Racecars only. Check out all the details on our website at the bottom of the page. Any questions or suggestions feel free to post them here. Hope some of you guys can make it out.

2. Paul B

Paul B

Be there or be square

3. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Looking forward to it....

4. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

We're working on an afterparty Saturday night at our host hotel. Book your rooms soon, special pricing ends May 10th.

5. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

If you want a vendor spot PM me.

6. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Hey, sounds like a good time. I'll be there.

7. Ruiner

Ruiner

Ummm, the Symco Shakedown is the ORIGINAL Shakedown show...I should know, I was the one that gave it its name...that's not very cool to rip off another show's name...just my .02 cents...

8. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Ummm, this one is in Connecticut.. Was the Symco Shakedown here too? Just wondering.

9. Ruiner

Ruiner

Does it matter?...nobody would do Viva Las Cruces or the Idaho Jalopy Showdown...how about the Florida Rust Revival or the New Mexico Hunnert Car Pileup?...

I'm just sayin, the Symco Shakedown is a pretty big event with its own website, it's kinda hard to miss when researching for the name of your new event...sorry...

10. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

We actually had our first Silvercity Shakedown in '08. No one ripped off your name.

11. Loppy

Loppy

Looks like a great time Derrick! I'll try to make it up from Florida.

12. Ruiner

Ruiner

That's funny, because I had done 6 or 7 hours of research on show names back in '08 when the Symco show was being planned...their first show was in '09, but the show was planned and named in August or September of '08...when you referred to it as a new show in your first post it was easy to assume that meant first show...

13. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

I called it new because we took a few years off and restructured the show. Search it on here, you'll see my thread from the first one. I don't even know why we're talking about this other than the fact that I didn't "rip off" your name.

14. soupt

soupt

"Ruiner" how fitting. hehe Best of luck with the show.

15. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

That's funny, I was thinking the same thing.

16. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

That would be awesome having you and your guys up this way.

17. Paul B

Paul B

Ruiner dont cry or get mad just showup. Well' buy you a beer.

18. The word "Shakedown" (noun) here, in either case, is being used out of context as a cool reference to a "gathering" or "assembly" of participants and/or attendees to this event. So unless you possess some sort of legal right to the use of the word Ruiner, which im sure you dont, anyone can use it.
    I got news for you, that word was used in relation to car shows and events a hell of a long time prior to 2008 buddy.
    I'll give you credit for choosing an appropriate member name though.

19. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

20. Pete

Pete

Looks pretty damn cool! I like the requirements!

Pete-

21. djtwigsta

djtwigsta

I declare everything original!!! lol Might have to sneak out of the house for this one :)

22. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

Pete,It would be great if you and your group could make it,we always make an effort to get to your show.See what you can do...Thanks

23. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Looks cool, car is torn down right now, hoping to be back together by the end of may.

24. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I'm all shook up about this shakedown in the city of silver. Sounds like it'll be a good time. But is it okay to call it a "Hod Rod Show" without somebody getting their panties in a bunch?? :rolleyes:

25. :eek: http://www.drifterscc.com/ShakedownSite/shakephotos.html

26. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Well that settles it. Must change the name! How bout a rumble? "just kidding"!!

27. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Thanks for all your responses. We're not trying to copy anyone, or step on anyone's toes. We're just trying to organize a great event to make our short New England summer a little more fun.

28. csimonds

csimonds

I am looking forward to attending!
    Chuck

29. Ruiner

Ruiner

I came across like a total asshole, whiskey and sarcasm don't work well together...I'm not affiliated with any show, and I do apologize for my mistake in the originality of the name...I had put a lot of time into finding a good show name for a defunct car club and I had , at the time, not found any other shows using that name...in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, but it does lose its punch if 3 shows all have the same name...I'm sure they're all good shows in their own right...

30. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

derrick, i will be there.

what's the actual address?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011