Register now to get rid of these ads!

The DO NOT TOUCH!!! Guy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by felix37, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOL
    I went to get a hotdog at a show and came back and some kid leaned his bike up against mine. Luckily it had good rubber hand grips so no harm/no foul. Kid just didn't know better. Probably does it all the time at home on his mom's daily driver.

2. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

It's all about respect, plain and simple. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there today that don't know what that is. If you can't respect me or my car, how can I be expected to respect you? :cool:

3. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

It is interesting having a car that you are willing to let the kids sit in.

If we are near the car and a boy or girl is really interested in the car, I have heard the Dad or Mom, careful, don't touch, and I have said have them get in if you want, whatever, and the Dad will say, "No, I can't then he will think he can touch all the other cars." That is very nice to hear them say.

And the kids love getting to sit in the car...

And that really is the most fun of building a car you can drive and beat on...

Interesting side note, we were given an award this last weekend for our Model A at Kool April Nites called "Awesome A". One reason she told me she gave us the award... was she liked to see cars that were used and enjoyed. I thought it was great to get an award for that reason.

My girl took a photo of us getting the award....:)

[​IMG]

4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I'm all for respect and stuff. I will teach my kid not to touch another mans car. But I also dont give a shit if the public enjoy my car and want to take pics and stuff. Even when all the paint, interior, chrome etc.. is done I'm gonna drive the living shit out of it and get some bug guts on the firewall upholstery. I really hate the "holier than thou" attitude that I see from dudes power parked at car shows. It's probably my hatred and contempt for the "hoods up" crowd, with their stupid signs on their stupid nova. I want to park a show rod next to them and let kids climb in and out of it just to piss that guy off..

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Don't touch my car, it's not yours, end of story.

6. FourtyOneFord

FourtyOneFord

I have contempt for those "car collectors" too, I avoid their shows.

I like Hot Rod shows, rockabilly, and pretty girls. Of course I know better than to touch a strangers belongings without permission, (it's not limited to your queer paint job) so do my kids.
    I hate those little signs; we have one here at work that says "if you take the last cup of coffee make another pot" I throw it away every chance I get. What would someone visiting us think? We're not mature enough to know when to make coffee? might as well put a sign in the toilet that explains how to wipe the seat, or wipe your ass for that matter.

We used to sell used harley parts at swap meets and I can remember these kids walking by our table one says to the other, you don't want that those are used parts. WTF you're not gonna use your parts? They were looking for the cheap chinese chrome covers, probably spent a mint on paint. :eek:

7. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

It might just be signs. I think I hate signs..

8. FourtyOneFord

FourtyOneFord

Oh yeah I like Pabst Blue Ribbon too but I don't like signs :D

9. Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.

Don't do this - don't do that, CANT YOU READ THE SIGN! !

10. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

So here we are. 11 pages and appx. 219 posts of touch my car and don't touch my car. Wow.........

11. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Thanks for adding your post... :rolleyes:

12. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

All of this "respect" talk reminds me of times at the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame where I work. One of my first experiences of all of this was about three years ago. As I rounded a corner where most of the cars are, I saw this mother who had two kids (probably 2 and 4) and she put the 4 yr old on the back of a car (trunklid) I was shocked. She then saw me and turned around to tend to her younger one. I politely asked her to please get her son off the car. She turned around to see him standing on the car and screamed at him for climbing up there and he knew it was wrong. My god lady, you put him up there yourself and then blame it all on him...:confused:

13. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

Thats awesome. Pretty damn straightforwad too, lol.

14. metalshapes

metalshapes

BewareOfThe.jpg

bridgeout.jpg

closed.jpg

do%20not%20feed%20hippies.jpg

IMG_5856.JPG

Neuter your Pets.jpg

Sign 002.jpg

99647781.jpg

hellfrozenover.jpg

user434_pic51626_1235336681.jpg

15. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

I let kids sit in my shit,And have actually let guys drive it,It's just a car.

16. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

Posts like this are getting old..Lets see more stuff about projects and shows. Enough with the complaining about the douche bags we all know are everywhere, not just car shows. My car and this hobby is my escape from all that B.S.

17. 1320/150

1320/150

18. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

If i found someone in my car i think i would accuse them of trying to steal it, maybe throw a shin kick their way or just a good ole bitch slap. Maybe you guys should have a water sprayer so you can spray people like i do the cat when it gets on the counter.

19. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

That guy must have drunk. Everyone knows you treat others cars with respect. If you had told him told him to try it on for size it would be different. Some people.

20. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

you are welcome.

21. Saxxon

Saxxon

A few years back at the Winnipeg World of Wheels show, we had a vendor booth across from and down a bit from a Riddler candidate that was built locally. You know the type, cash in your retirement plan to build it, $40 k for a display no one is allowed to walk on with shoes etc etc. But the owner was a cool guy and the car was a work of art. Saturday nite about 5 minutes after they closed the show and were still herding the patrons out, we saw a very drunk guy carrying a plastic cup of $6 draft, step over the barrier, put the beer down on the fender and then try to get into the car. He almost fell over trying and sat down hard on the running board. You have to understand that this car had the driver side up on display stands. The owner wasn't around and security no where to be seen so my brother and I got him out of the display. There was no serious damage done in any way and the car was not even close to falling, but the thought of this moron doing any damage to this car was sickening. Kind of makes you wonder why they serve booze at these events.

And to the guy who thuinks it's ok for the general public to touch our cars... get bent. As stated a few times, it's my car, my time and money, hands off !! (unless invited). It's no different if come over to your place and wander in uninvited and walk around with my muddy shoes.

22. Ratticis

Ratticis

And if the car would've fallen over, chances are he'd be trying to sue the owner :rolleyes: I like the electric fencer idea

23. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I once saw a old guy at a cruise in with a fiberglass "perfect" street rod freak out and yell at a little girl about 3 yrs old who touched a fender. The little girl's Dad picked up the girl and asked the the old guy what his problem was. The old guy, I think fearing getting punched out, just put his head down and walked behind his plastic car.
    I don't think anyone should touch or play with anyone else's car, but if you freak out if a little girl touches a fender maybe you should leave your ego car at home.

24. firingorder1

firingorder1

As much as I admire "Riddler candidates" and beautiful cars I'm glad I don't have such a car that would cause me so much anxiety and fear. Maybe these people should take their cars to El Mirage or Bonneville and drive them around for a while. Might get them over the fear of a fingerprint.

25. People that are overly anal about folks not touching their cars generally can't fix the damage. This is why they are so scared of anything besides feather dusters and Armor all touching their trailer queens. Obviously, there are exceptions and idiots out there but more often than not the "don't touch" guy is an annoying gold chainer. That being said, if your kid touches my car I'm whippin your ass.

26. Running the salt in that most prized possession of theirs will never happen.
    I understand what you are saying completely. But different cars for different reasons.
    The LSR car isn't going to be show quality, mechanical masterpiece that it is, after a run on the salt. It wasn't built to show it was built with rugged functionality and ease of maintenance and light weight in mind. That doesn't mean people wont want to touch it and look at it. Its built to go fast and hopefully safely.

The show car isn't going to pass tech at at the salt . It wasn't built to.

Much the same way a motorcycle isn't going to make a good school bus.

Now lets look at like this, you're poised on the salt waiting for a 200 MPH run and some dip shit wants to fondle your lug nuts or steering linkage. Or Maybe play with your safety harness or grab a hold of your Carb linkage to see how the progressive features works.
    Same thing but different.

27. rld14

rld14

I never want to own a car that perfect that I truly would need to protect it or worry.

Like I said, people touching don't bother me that much, but it's the morons like that bitch who let her little kid JUMP UP AND DOWN ON MY DRIVERS SEAT that piss me off.

It's just a car, the thing has survived getting stolen, being used to deliver newspapers by a high school kid, 3 major hurricanes, long distance trips, 51 years and 2 countries. Some kid touching it isn't likely to hurt it but some people do go way too far.

28. Marcia

Marcia

I like to drive my cars and and don't worry about the paint.

This is the original sign I made about 15 years ago. Now I make them up on the computer and hand them out at the show.
    Maybe you've seen one around new england.

Attached Files:

29. Special Ed

Special Ed

Marcia, if you handed me that sign, I'd get into a lot of trouble....:D

30. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I find it comical that most of the guys who would say fuck it, it's only a car are the same guys who find that scratch on my door and that lumpy spot on my roof and bag on me.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.