Register now to get rid of these ads!

Easy front valance/roll pan for my Deora

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magnumcharger, Apr 17, 2011.

1. After agonizing for a few years about buying an english wheel, I realized that a roof section might actually work instead. Lucky for me, in the gully behind my house there's a couple of dozen old cars and trucks. On Saturday, I went shopping.
    Found a 1947 Mercury pickup that looked promising, cut off the roof, and bisected it to fit.
    I think it's going to work nicely!

Attached Files:

2. OLLIN

OLLIN

good job, looks like you saved yourself a lot of work!

3. RodStRace

RodStRace

about time we got an update on that project!!!

4. That Dodge sure is getting even more Ford! Nice work!

5. Cool....a Deora! How cool will it be cruising around in that? :)

6. Hard to tell right now! But I'll let the WORLD know when I get it finished!!:)

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

X2 !! Been looking forward to some updates on this amazing build!

8. Sheetmetal...cobbling it up, and finding the original A108 roof panel to be a handy source of nicely shaped, and appropriately curved sheetmetal!

Attached Files:

9. badshifter

badshifter

How many people have a couple dozen old cars in the gully behind their house? Man. I want THAT! Oh, Deora is looking good!

10. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

looks like a decent build... not too many of these floating around...

did you find out who owns the gully?
    i know i'd be upset to find something i owned short a hood or a roof...

11. No problems with the gully, or the cars there. Both came with my property when I bought the place! There's a decent '46-47 Ford sedan - upside down - with a complete straight axle front suspension that I've been eyeing for a long time. I'm thinking Rat Rod material? I've also unearthed (literally) a rebuildable 241 Red Ram Hemi engine from the mire down there. I call the place a "Hot Rod do-it-yourself kit".

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  12. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

cool... you got a build thread going? i heart that truck... the Alexander brothers rule, and built some of the most killer stuff.