Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. school, im doing a pre apprenticeship course

2. GreggAz

GreggAz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finishing this 63 sprint up now for a customer.

351 built to 408, c6, 4 bar rear and MII front. I'll put up more shots when I get my camera back Monday.

3. GreggAz

GreggAz

4. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

Nice little bird gregg really digging the valve covers what are they off

Attached Files:

5. zomb1e

zomb1e

bad boys? us aussies throw the bloody things in the scrap everyday! now the twin cam turbo, WOW! nizpro have built one with 1400hp!

sweet wagon mr falconizer!

6. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

compared to the 170 that was in there, it's baaad!;)
    (and cheap)

7. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

Ok so i was wondering if anybody else has this problem. My tail lights are to dim, and here in the bright sun, you can barely see them during the day. i checked all the grounds, fixed some wires and made sure everything was good, and still, they look dim? Anybody know a good alternative to the basic bulbs?

8. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

I am not sure if they make brighter LED bulbs that don't look like modern LED lights, but I was thinking along those lines for myself...
    check the voltage at the light sockets...a bad wire could lose some juice along the long wire run. Clean the fuseblock contacts as well.

9. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

Yeah i was wondering the same, ill have to take a look at i this weekend and see what comes up. Im trying to get as much done so i can make it out to the cruise on the 30th

10. GreggAz

GreggAz

on the one I am working on, the stock lights are incredibly bright.

is the inside of the housing clean and shiny? if it is dull, clean it up and spray some bright white paint in there, or polish the inside.

is the back side of the lens clean?

11. ybu22z

ybu22z

Here is a thread by a guy who likes playing with an Aussie 6 in his Cortina - a smaller bodied sedan than the Falcon but still mid sized. It goes pretty well. Many people go turbos, he didn't see the need.

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67260344

12. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

thanks for the post. He did a real nice install :).
    I don't need this car to be fast, just comfortable and with decent mileage. it doesn't seem to have much of a problem smoking the tires though, and you will not see me complain if there is extra power to do that.

13. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

WOW!!! that is an amazing intake

Grommet

14. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

Yeah the lens's are both new, i may have to polish em up a bit and see what happens? Although i did find one little kink to it, every time i moved the back wires going into the socket, i noticed that they would dim or even shut off? So i moved them to where they where always on. Before i did this, the DS turn signal wouldnt blink as slow and bright as the PS would, after it was moved, it worked fine

15. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

sound like you found your problem! clean and repair all ground wires...
    :)

16. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

Yeah haha im running wires as we speak! haha always good to have a second opinion

17. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

...a third and a fourth too:)

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So Rocketsam, did you make the Central cruise?

19. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

Yes sir! I had my bird parked at that big tower across the street from jack and the box, i didnt think id get much of a reaction from people (since everybody seems to look down on these birds?) but i got a lot of compliments and what not

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sorry to have missed it! I was in my red Maverick this time, hopefully her wagon next time out...

21. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

oh right on, i tried to get pictures of all the cars there and cruising, i might have gotten yours? i have to go through the pictures when im editing them

22. Muttley

Muttley

I found this article in an old Hot Rod and thought some of you might be interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

I know a lot of the 65 mustang parts match up right next to the falcon parts, does anybody know if the headlights do to?

24. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

I just picked this up last weekend from the original owner. Definately THE most rust free vintage car I've ever owned, or worked on. Needs a day or two of some tweaking, then its time to hit the freeways as a daily driver, until its time to start up another altered wheelbase project:

[​IMG]

25. fordsbyjay

fordsbyjay
    from Lafayette

That is a super sweet Falcon. I wouldn't mind having that Falcon van in the back ground though.

26. dirttoo

dirttoo

That's the color my Falcon was when it was new. I don't think that's a Falcon van. It's a Dodge.

27. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Correct. A Dodge "CampWagon" I purchased on behalf of one of the Gasser Circus racers over in England. They'll live out of it while on the road doing exibition races.

I've all but given up on trying to restore the column shift mechanism to working order. I've now been left twice stranded in only one gear. Feels like the upper column linkage is badly out of whack, so I'll order a floor shift unit. Hurst offers the Indy unit, but also offers a "Mastershift" as well? But- you need to order a seperate install kit! Any thoughts on either? If some say the Indy is just fine for this 'ol bird, I'll jump into getting it ordered up. I really want to start putting some miles on this sweet little gem!

Thanks!
    Dale

28. propagandahotrods

propagandahotrods

If it wasn't for the neighbors dailys in the background it could be a pic from the sixties- rocket in the garage, A100 on the drive and the falcon an the front, sweet.
    Dale how long before the falcon ends up along these lines??

[​IMG]

hopefully another gasser circus entrant this year.

Attached Files:

29. Cool thread you guys have got going here
    Im building up (for the 5th time, and last) a 65 XP aussie falcon wagon. Cut out and shifted the chassis rails in 3 inches per side, chopped out the inner gaurds and widened them the max width I could without modifing the spare wheel tray etc, a shit load of work but im going for the look where people scratch there heads knowing theres somthing different but there not quite sure what. Also cut out the front shock towers and am about to start building a coilover independant front end with HQ holden stubs, willwood brakes and a shortened Holden commodore rack. Out rear ive shortened a '57 9" diff with an eaton tru trac centre. Motorvations coming from a stroked 351W with cleveland heads and topped off with a 671 blower with injection, backed up with an FMX and im adapting a push button control on the dash, Just to be different.
    Ive owned this car since i was a teenager, been through 11 engines and made some average repairs in my younger years so this time its being done right as its a rolling advert for my hot rod business.
    At the moment im just finishing off the floor pans and filling a few unwanted holes in the fire wall and inner fenders.
    Ive just finished the Yellow XP for a customer, 9" tru trac, 347 windsor and it goes like a scalded cat. Cool little car.
    Will post more when I make some progress.

Attached Files:

30. About to start another xp wagon for a customer soon and hes going to be running a late model (BA Falcon) XR6 turbo engine, these things can get some serious horsepower, well over 1000 with the right gear, theres a dirt track race car BA falcon over here that is around the 850 mark and it goes like a shower of shit. Not bad for an old straight 6