Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2nd Annual Texas Nostalgia Nationals May 14, 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty, Jan 16, 2011.

1. d.reese

d.reese
    BANNED

Rusty, I bringing the goat and my brother. Can't wait! I'm sure Helms will be in tow...

2. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

I heard the gas house gang was coming? maybe elvis too!!!!! I may bring my one owner "traditional" civic with neon and twin nos packs! gotta get those rivets in the floor plate changed and the welds on the manifold rewelded. and then it's ON!

3. Rusty

Rusty

Good deal Hackster, love the 56

4. Rusty

Rusty

Awesome Mr. Reese, I dropped some fliars off to Cory and Gene today

5. trigassernut

trigassernut

Hope it goes well for you again this year Rusty..unfortunately this Canadian won't be attending this or any other events over in the U.S anymore...seems some over zealous border guard took a disliking to me while i was trying to go on vacation with my wife to New Orleans a couple of weeks ago...I am now on a "list" and banned from trying to enter the States again...Good luck to you all , and a quick hi to all we met there last year.....had a blast last time.. EH !

6. Angliaman

Angliaman
    from Forney, Tx

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by d.reese [​IMG]
    Rusty, I bringing the goat and my brother. Can't wait! I'm sure Helms will be in tow...

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>David's right I'll be in tow....and the T's gonna be there even if I have to TOW it too!!!

Attached Files:

7. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Do you run "The Column Shop" off 30 over by the liqour stores ?

8. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

"Gas House Gang" update;

Jeff Beck will be playing with 7 Deadly Sins!!! That's right the bad ass coupe from OK.
    Get ready for, rock & roll, screaming riffs and blazing runs from these guys.

Lugnuts II will be the GHG ringer for the Tri5 class. If you haven't seen this 56 on a dragstrip you're in for a Wild Ride.

More updates to come! HRB

9. Rusty

Rusty

Yes he does and is a sponsor for our race, Does great work also

10. Rusty

Rusty

WOW!!!! 7 Deadly SINS!!!!!!!!! Worth the price of admission just to see him run!!!!

11. sun down

sun down
    from tx

man, I can't wait..............had a great time last yr even though I was dealing with chemo and sort of weak, off of that crap now, been working out 3 times a week plus back to playing senior softball.......feel better then I have in thirty yrs and I will be 70 in June.....................cancer is still hanging around but now at the stage to monitor it..................I love the old time drag cars..

back in early 60's my twin raced at yellow belly in a 61 impala, total stock,
    I was in the Navy at the time and missed a lot of the action, I did get to see him race once, I can still remember how well the Pontiac's ran back then too, also remember a guy on a Triumph cycle that could out run most of the cars......heck of a deal

seems like my brother got beat by a chevy with a 283, I think his 61 had a 348.. been to long, I may have the cubic inc wrong with what he had... sorry to drift away to old time stuff but the track brings back a lot of good memories from that time period...............

Rusty, thanks to you, your sponsors and help they make this possible..
    see you all next month

Fred

12. Rusty

Rusty

Fred we cant wait to see you at the drags, so glad to hear you are doing better. thanks for the support, We just added Kansas to the list of out of towners

13. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

The whole state?:eek:

14. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

If we could get Mark to come, that would be the whole state (of confussion).

15. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Confussion say.
    Be there,
    Be there,
    Be there.

16. Rusty

Rusty

Ha Ha, shaping up to be awesome, Were even gonna have some suprise awards to some cool show cars that show up

17. Rusty

Rusty

Our host hotel once again will be the Comfort Suite at Cockrell Hill Rd and I-30. Address says 4275 DFW Turnpike. Only three miles from the track. Call and speak with Mrs. Dianne Aguilara, tell her you are with the Texas Nostalgia Nationals and get the group rate. 214) 267-0100.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  18. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

lets change the racing to heads up! cause some texans cheat on their dail in skills.iam not sure but his initials are HOT ROD BILL did i say that out loud?

19. sun down

sun down
    from tx

you mean a car show will be held also, did one have one last yr also..
    I wasn't sure where to park so I parked under the roof and in the shade..
    no one complain so I guess I was legal...........

20. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

damn that year went fast, see yu soon rusty and danny

21. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Hey, I gave you a second place trophy!!! I know I forgot to sign it, my bad. That would be kick ass if you came to YB, I know it's a haul but your about a crazy ass anyway! You thinking about coming?

22. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

Does anyone have the direct phone number to the host hotel. When I call the 800# it is a booking service. Someone please let me know. Thanks

23. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

PM Rusty, he'll know. (maybe 8-5 you get the real place)

24. Mark; Hope you are coming. Didn't get to meet you at The Thaw but any man that can put together a ride like yours is OK in my estimation.Hope to line up with you. Will be fun. Later, HillRat

25. We will be staying trackside Friday night. That should be interesting as well. Need a good support group.May make a couple of passes for the croud. YEEEEEHah!:D

26. dvzdeathtrap

dvzdeathtrap
    from austin, tx

cool, also justa reminder. i posted it on the austin HAMBRS site, but billetproof texas is at the beginning of june in giddings. -DVZ

27. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

I'll be there Friday night with the crazy englishman. We'll have to line it up again Rick to see if I can keep up with your new speed record. I do want to see the Hillrat v Skullorchard match up.

28. Rusty

Rusty

214 267-0100 is the direct line

29. Rusty

Rusty

Yes for those interested again. Camping is available but you must be self contained- electrically. We have the track to ourselves Friday night so get some test runs in before the big day

30. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Are they having Drag Races?