Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Torque Fest 2011 - April 29-30th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, May 27, 2010.

1. That's what I'm talking about. I knew if I threw it out there the're would be some Rabble-Rouser to promote it.

2. "Who will bring the HAMB name tags?"

...don't we just use duct tape?

3. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Sam you gonna bring the tape?

4. ...yeah, I always have duct tape!...I've even got white for this occasion.

5. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I've got a bunch of name tags, someone will have to remind me to get them out of the car though, I'm old ya know.

B:)B

6. Has long as HAMB name tags aren't something special that I don't know about I can bring some "HELLO my name is" name tags.

7. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

These Tags Have HAMB MEAT & GREET on them.

I'll take care of it.

B:)B

8. thanks Bob, I'll try to remember to remind you to get them out of your car!

9. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Bob is always great at the Meet and Greets......
    just ask him to break into some old song and dance routine and it will be as though vaudeville comes back to life!

10. hodges

hodges
    from Indiana

I sure am going to try to get our work done in Charlotte and hurry to Torque Fest had a great time last year really looking forward to it.

11. elgato65

elgato65

Looks like we should be able to make it...

12. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Rocky - if you can make it up here - ya might see me cry man - I would REALLY love for ya to make it up. PLUS - I may need some lessons.........
    rumour has it that I may get to drive a bus in the bus races on Friday night!
    I sure hope that can happen!
    THAT sounds like fun............

And ElGoto - hey - if you guys can make it over - we will try to auction off some stuff to get ya'll some gas money to head on down the road - sound cool?

we gotta help each other out man!

I know some of the other Road Devils are heading out - but if ya'll can make it too.......that would be way cool.
    I know ya'll had a crazy time this past weekend and I hope everyone is safe - the "stuff" can be replaced eventually - I know it sucks - but as long as ya'll are still here - that is the important thing.
    Hope to seeya Friday or Saturday at the show!

13. robleticia

robleticia

Dimebag~ Don't forget my shirt and sticker!!!!!!!

14. Were planning on you being there Rocky! Hope you make it!!

15. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Stop by! I'll hook a brother up!!!! :D

16. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

It would fit right in with Hurstville!!!

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Hey - that is a good one Todd!!!
    We are actually stopping at Hurstville on the Friday cruise.

Not sure if people know that at 3pm on Friday we will ahve a cruise that is open to everyone - new and old cars alike.

It will start at 3pm at the Jackson County Fairgrounds and then go to the Limestone Kilns of Hurstville - head North for a while then cut over west on a county road

we are going to put the cruise info on the site tonight - I will link it later

18. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Cool! I probably won't make it in time, but I'll dent the floorboard trying.

19. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

We will have hand out sheets with this route info at Vendor Building #2 (volunteer and
    model show building) at 3pm on Friday.
    PLEASE let the camera vehicle pass you when it needs to!!!

Leave Jackson County Fairgrounds - turning Left on to 64 - then take another quick left to
    head out on 62.
    Drive about 3 miles and turn Left on Rockdale Rd.
    Go about 3.5 miles and you will come to old 61 - turn Right and you are at the Hurstville Lime
    Kilns - we will stop here for about 5-10 minutes.

Head North on Route 61 - do NOT travel faster than 45MPH if you wish to be filmed on the
    cruise for inclusion on the forthcoming DVD. Stay on 61 for about 5 miles.
    Turn left at 150th St./County Rd E17.

Please go SLOW going up this hill until the camera is set up at the top of the hill - then feel
    free to blast up the hill - the louder the better!
    Stay on this road for about 5 miles until Iron Hills.
    Turn left at Caves Road/County Road Y31. Stay on this road for 1.5 miles.
    On the right hand side there is a sign for Maquoketa State Caves Park.
    We will park to get some photos here for about 10-15 minutes.

We may ask specific vehicles to do slow shots for the cruise film crew while in the park.
    After this we will go on to Bluff Lake Catfish Farm.
    Keep going straight through the park and it will turn into 98th St - stay on 98th and follow
    the signs that say Bluff Lake. There may be a left turn on 95th St to take you down to the
    bottom of the hill. Once there - get ready for some good eating! If you leave hungry - it's
    your fault! Not theirs!!
    Please note the 1 mile of road after Maquoketa State Caves Park is gravel NOT pavement!!

After eating - we will go back to the entrance of State Caves park and turn RIGHT out of the
    park.
    This will put you on Caves Road - stay on this for about 5 miles.
    You will then turn right onto Route 61.
    Take Exit 158 for the Platt St exit.
    At the light turn Left and proceed on Platt St until you arrive at the Jackson County
    Fairgrounds.

Be sure to get back in time to see the Jalopy Legends in action! And bus races start around
    8:30pm
    For those that wish to go to the Drive In on Friday night - entry starts at 6pm.
    Please dont wave at the camera - odds are it will be cut from the footage and you will not be able
    to see yourself.

20. PoeticGoddess

PoeticGoddess

Ugh... stupid, stupid car... that eats gas... making me not be able to afford this! AHH!

21. Looking forward to it. I assume pre registration is pointless at this time?

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

hey - we are all in the same boat when it comes to these gas prices - what I suggest (and this is what some buddies of mine are doing from MO)
    Just get in your "Normal" car and split a tank of gas with some fellow gearheads.....
    even if you dont show up with your ride - you are gonna want to be there just for the fun of the event.

We have pre reg until Friday

23. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Almost have everything ready to go. Make sure to stop by my Booth and say hello. Lots of great artists will be there!!

24. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

I am pretty damn excited for next weekend, should be a hell of a time. Anyone know of any cool places to check out in or around Maquoketa? I'm coming from Milwaukee. I know i'll be spending most of my weekend at the show but I like to check out new places, diners/drive ins/dives type of places or cool shops, antiques, etc.

see ya there.

25. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

There is a pretty good antique store right when you get in town -

www.banowetzantiques.com - 123 McKinsey Drive, Maquoketa - <NOBR>(563) 652-2359</NOBR>

Even Marcy stops by this place when she rolls by - so it must be decent!!!
    ha

There is also an antique market type place RIGHT in front of the Jackson County Fairgrounds - so if you wanna walk about 100 yards over to that one - that will be open as well - as you stroll by you may notice the EAGLES club will be serving up some decent food as well - and if you are in need of a good breakfast word on the street says they will have the grub for ya!

TNT Cones is also a family run burger joint - their shakes are made with ice cream.......
    It is the real deal and about 4 blocks down the street from the Fairgrounds.

There is a bowling alley RIGHT across the street as well- I have heard they are gonna have stuff going on as well - but not sure what.

Overall - it is gonna be a good time - check out the places that I listed on the cruise above as well.......

26. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

cant wait getting close ! unfortunately do to other obligations haven't had as much time to finish my roadster pickup but still gonna pull the camper down and running w a group of others bringing their cars , its gonna be a good time cant wait !

27. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

Hey, thought this might help some people on the cruise route. Coolstuff i think they are pretty accurate, correct me if I am wrong.

notice point F is the starting point (A)... they are on top of each other.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=1212+East+Quarry+Street,+Maquoketa,+IA+52060+(Jackson+County+Fair)&amp;daddr=42.0707244,-90.647096+to:42.1048831,-90.6130724+to:42.08723,-90.68275+to:Hurstville+maquoketa+to:42.16397,-90.67618+to:10970+98th+St.,+Maquoketa,+Iowa+52060+(Maquoketa+Caves+State+Park)+to:Bluff+Lake+Catfish+Farm+to:1212+East+Quarry+Street,+Maquoketa,+IA+52060+(Jackson+County+Fair)&amp;geocode=Fb3ygQIdIciY-iF_K_hmyxRNHykPwnXtMQPjhzEAHEQ3_sbsQA%3BFcTygQIdyNWY-ikPwnXtMQPjhzFNcJhjAsBwEw%3BFTN4ggIdsFqZ-imB4JdTbh3jhzFnNg9usVcXvQ%3BFT4zggIdgkqY-imfc38YWhvjhzHeII09aAKlIw%3BFVxbggIdUEmY-imJxSg8ZxvjhzHzN2DhNq2uMA%3BFQJfgwIdLGSY-ilrvNQUrR7jhzFA66yo5IR8IA%3BFcapggId2dCW-iHCsv1_AGc2aQ%3BFdqSggId1qOW-iHUAzzPPbukAilJz4FnVRDjhzF6YKPDkAgYjQ%3BFb3ygQIdIciY-ikPwnXtMQPjhzEAHEQ3_sbsQA&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=ls&amp;via=1,2,3,5&amp;sll=42.101534,-90.715313&amp;sspn=0.092467,0.182991&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=42.11669,-90.70225&amp;spn=0.09562,0.1785&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View Larger Map</small>
    HTML:

</br>
    </br>here is the link to google maps directions
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....118853,-90.702782&spn=0.184884,0.365982&z=12

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  28. I got my volunteer/pre reg packet in the mail yesterday. I really liked how you guys included a show schedule and map as well as a list of the local eating joints. Very thoughtful of you guys to include them on the map as well.

I did notice me and a couple other people are down for 2 shifts, is that because you need more volunteers or another reason? I dont want to miss the drivers meeting, I want to dirt track the wag!

Brad

29. PoeticGoddess

PoeticGoddess

My regular car is a V8, so it eats gas like crazy. I'm in a smaller type town that doesn't have much of a scene as far as people going to car shows, and I'm just starting to get involved with it, so I probably won't be able to get go til next year.

30. And don't forget the HAMB Meat and Greet.