Register now to get rid of these ads!

The DO NOT TOUCH!!! Guy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by felix37, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slammed

slammed

The general public have very little in the following: Common sense. Respect for others property. Respect for their fellow man. Respect for themselves. Taste, style, and class. (look at fashion, 'fads' & trends, you know its true).

2. Its a" car show" , not a "car feel " right?

3. saints

saints

You want to turn on the next generation to hotroding let a kid or teen sit in one and mabye evan start it up.....last route 66 car show I watched a old timer let some kids start his hotrod and you should have seen there smiles and eyes light up......Im sure there still talking about it a year later
    Thats why mines going to be primered and will invite people to sit and take pics

4. Muttley

Muttley

My car has only been washed four times in the three years I've owned it and hasnt been in the paint booth since Richard Nixon was in office...........................I still dont want anyone touching it.

5. paintcan54

paintcan54

I think we could talk about this all day, I see the signs at all shows don't use them my self, but when we drive our T-Bucket anywhere like out to supper or show we always stay around it for about 15 to 20 mintues, but only because of the hot headers as we don't want a little child or anybody to get burned by them, that is my biggest fear with this car.

6. I had my '41 for sale at the OKC NSRA swap meet yesterday. Several families with little kids looked at the truck over the course of the day, and the kids were especially intrigued by the Plymouth. I'd offer to open the door and let them sit in it and look around. A couple of dads took pics of their kid in the driver seat, with big grins on their faces! Had a great day, all around. It's a whole lot more fun to actually HAVE fun with a car or truck whenever possible, rather than sitting behind it all day and being a bitchy-assed grouch.

I DO get bent out of shape at people that let their kids go apeshit, or insist on having to touch the paint. I firmly get on people like that not to do that again, and they don't.

7. ScottV

ScottV

My current wife and (step) Son were introduced to the car show world by me, I gave them a primer talk on how to look and act.

On another note, I do something that is odd that I can't figure out ... whilst looking at a car and want to point something out, I always do it with my pinky ???!!!??? :confused: I have never figured that one out

8. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

tough call...unfortunately there are a lot of people don't respect your hardwork. I'm more on the end that if the person asks to touch...sit or whatever then it's ok

9. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I got another good story about touching cars, An old guy comes into my shop with a blown T bucket. As we were talking I was leaning on his blower, He takes out a hanky and blows his nose in it and then wipes my hand print from the blower. I immediatly ran and washed my hands and never leaned on a car again!

10. budd

budd

funny story, i have a 45 gmc i used to take to all the street markets, old messed up paint, chicken shit had eaten the paint off the tops of the fenders, rust spots, only hosed off at the coin op, well i go to this market, just before i parked i let this big fart go, WOOO, so i leave the window down and get out and start unloading my iron work, this guy walks up and sticks his head in the drivers window and says, wow, this truck smells just like my grand dads old truck.

Attached Files:

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I hate people who don't respect other people's property. I don't blame anyone for having a sign that says "DO NOT TOUCH" sometimes you gotta spell it out for people.

A few months ago a friend and I were hanging out in my garage BSing after a show and all the sudden we hear car doors closing. Our cars were parked in the lot next door. We walk down there and find a couple sitting in my buddy's 50 Pontiac pretending to drive it and yucking it up.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING???"

"Oh, we just saw these neat old cars...."

"Yeah, get the fuck out of that-IT'S NOT YOURS!"

We were stunned. They really meant no harm, but seriously-who thinks that's ok???

People make me sick.

12. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

People can touch my ride with respect, he'll if i trust you enough you can drive it but... Those friggin pin up models wanting to sit on the hood, put their feet on the bumper and drag their fat asses across my ride., get a big f$&k you. Some and I said some have this belief that because the car is out in the open it's public property and therefore is treated as such. I have told many to beat it,they get pissed but who's gives a shit

13. SteelerDan43

SteelerDan43

These two people would definitely be on the 10 people you see at the car show list, the "Do Not Touch!" Guy and the Oblivious Parent. With the DNT! guy being parked next to the Corvette Club and British Obsessed guys.

14. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I don't blame you one damn bit-your car is insane...

15. sircampsalot2

sircampsalot2

LoL, He would hate me in my 55 ford cause all i listen to is 80's hair bands! :D

16. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

Running Boards put to good use[​IMG]

17. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

It's just an old car!

18. I know it's different for race cars, but so far, the most fun I've with the greaseslapper was at a car show in the small town I live in. There were ,maybe five competition cars in the show, and a lot of "do not touch" signs around on many of the rods. As it was, I could sit on the sidewalk under an awning of a store behind the car far enough away that people might not realize it was mine. Most of the parents wouldn't let the kids touch the car until someone said it was OK.
    I just backed the roadster in it's spot, took off one of the hood panels so people could see the engine and that was it. I didn't stay with the car all day for crizzake, it's a just a car, and I had a car show to go look at!
    I've never seen more kids have more fun crawling in and out of a car, having their parents, almost all of whom asked for permission, taking their pictures. It was really fun to watch.
    Those people, many of them having never been around an old school roadster, had a ton of questions. That's a good thing.
    And, for whatever it's worth, I took the best of class trophy. No way did I think THAT was going to happen! Maybe it was karma! The guy next to me had a deuce, and thought I was crazy! "What til one of those little shits spills a coke in it!!" And I'm thinking, It's had way worse than that done to it!
    The same thing happens when we take the sprint car out. After the races, as soon as the car cools off, the kids are welcome to climb all over it, if their parents say it's OK, and they love it!
    I think we need to worry more about planting the seed of excitement in a child's mind about hot rods than if we are going to get a scratch on our car. Most especially if it's a driver! My dad was a body man for years, did a lot of rods and nice cars. His answer always was " If you want it to stay perfect, put it on blocks in your garage, and cover it up!" Mike :cool:

19. zombie

zombie

i was having my bel air striped in paso one year, and this guy with his kid walked by, and the kid ran his hands down the front fender of my car. the striping above the headlights was still wet, and made a nice long smudge. i obviously came unsnapped, and the dude looked at me like i had 3 heads! yes, it is just an old car that i drove everyday, and wasnt perfect, but a little respect shouldnt be too much to ask for.

20. cruzr

cruzr

I really dont care if someone "touches" my coupe...........its a hot rod and well driven,its already got road rash..........as long as they are respectfull. hell i enjoy putting the little ones in my coupe behind the wheel, the look on the kids face is worth a million.

21. Yes, the inbreds are out there everywhere!
    But still, that "DO NOT TOUCH" sign seems over the top arrogant.
    It's like those drugstore cowboys ya see around here in large new trucks, big hats and long horse trailers sporting signs reading: "CAUTION: EXPENSIVE RACE HORSES", "STAY BACK 50 FEET!". Now that's way over the top arrogant! What BS! Makes ya want to tailgate just to piss them off - but those cowboys probably have guns!

22. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

That's cause you're a classy kind of guy.

Personally I like to not worry about my car, just park it and go look at the other cars in the show.

I don't mind if someone touches it in a respectful manor, but if you want to disrespect my car and be an asshole about it, then I'll bite you.

23. duck279

duck279
    from SC

I dont have a problem with someone putting a sign on their car that requests people to not touch. I myself don't mind someone touching mine. But easily said for me cause I dont have tons of cash tied up in paint jobs. I can appreciate someone asking people to not touch their paint or cars. I have seen too many children and adults that act like children not respect others property. Even if a car doesn't have a sign on it I don't touch them at shows or anywhere else. I usually park my rides and don't see them till the end of the day when I get done looking at everyone Else's rides.

24. Fenders

Fenders

If I come back from getting a hot dog and a beer and find you sitting in my rod I will assume you are trying to jump start it and steal it, so I will drag your ass out of there and stomp you two or three times.

Children under twelve will get stomped only once.

On the other hand if you are polite, respect other peoples property, and ask permission ... "Sure, hop right in."

25. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

26. cruzr

cruzr

Zombie.........Hilarious.......

27. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Pete from central Pa. took one of those signs and folded it strategically so that the "do not" is hidden so that it now reads

Please
    touch my car

He puts it under the wiper blade.
    It's a 46 Ford convertible that was chopped in 1948. It's an unrestored survivor with some great patina. Really a cool car.

I had my very nice off topic car at Carlisle to sell. Some ass hole walked down the side rapping his knuckle on ever panel along the way. I said hey I won't beat on your car if you won't beat on mine. Some people need to be told.

28. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

It's just a car...

I used to put a sign on my coupe that said "yes, you can sit in this car, no you do not have to be nude"

I'd leave the door open, then stand back and watch people read the sign, look around to see if they were being watched, and then sit in it. They enjoyed the heck out of it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. metalshapes

metalshapes

No.

Its not just a car.

Its also countless hours of my time.

30. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW!!!---This just has to be the best thread in years!!!!!!!!!!!AND, I whole heartadly agree with the majority, having been thru all the described incidents over the many years of Street rodding & criss-crossing the USA 5 times plus car shows.
    Its true I fall into the DNT area with a SMALL sign tossed on the bench seat.--But thats it!
    Like some of you, I have let a FEW kids sit behind the wheel, & it does produce a sly grin from them, after all,----Like stated before---"First impressions last".

TRUE STORY----In the early 60's while attending a swap meet in Santa Ana,Ca.(model T club), guy pulls up in a new station wagon with 3 kids & goes to a sedan on display---Opens the door---Lets the kids in--SLAMS the door, it doesen't close completely---Opens again---SLAMS again---Sedan owner runs up & says "What the hell are you doing"?----Guy says "Just checking out the old car"!!!----Sedan owner recognizes where the guy & kids came from---Goes over & commences to SLAMMING THE SHIT out of this guys NEW STATION WAGON DOOR, when the guy runs over in a PANIC yelling "STOP-STOP, what are you doing"?---SEDAN OWNER calmly states: "Just checking out your new station wagon door"!!!!!!!---------Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.