Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 150.00 Dollars !!! to register

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tubby44, Apr 16, 2011.

1. tubby44

tubby44
    from Long Beach

I can't believe it I was looking at Hot Rod and Hot August nights:mad: new in the L B how can anybody paid it is?? at 150.00 dollars not me. what gives ? all these high dollar car shows I stop going to Ink & Iron because the price keep going up!:mad: that's my .2cents

2. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Ever since some folks found out how much money they can make by putting on a show, swap meet, rod run, etc the registration prices have risen. Will continue to do so until the price meets the level of non-participation, then that event will die and it will start over again at another place, lower fees, keep getting more expensive, etc...

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yikes!!! I thought LSR was a little high!! But then I got the tag topper in the envelope and I shut up! :D

4. BEAR

BEAR

route 66 is out of there damn minds out here in the IE the last time i put a car in it was 03 and it was 85+ then to do the burn out contest was like 35+ what happened to the good old days of 20ty bucks or free

5. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

50,s in minn is still a good value for your dough in june

6. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

If it's too costly then don't go . You won't be the only one that thinks that was . There are just 3 to 4 shows I got to a year where I have to pay . If there is another show I might like then I will try them out but yes the costs are going up because people want to make money . Some places only get so many shows for different things on a property a year and to keep up the place , make the mortgage , pay for the help , pay for insurance they have to make that money some how . So you have to consider the shows overhead first . But the rich that have trailer queens to show , that money is a drop in the bucket to them .
    Prices of everything will keep going up ! That's just business !
    Just my opinion !

Jim

7. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

The Stray Kat 500 is $20. First 100 registrants get a free t-shirt. Three excellent bands. More fun than should be allowed to squeeze into a weekend.

www.straykatkustoms.com

8. Yeah, never could figure out why someone was charging me to bring my car to their show so they could make money for their business.......WTF !!!

9. Cadillac Keith

Cadillac Keith
    from Reno

It's $170 to register for the Reno/Sparks Hot August Nights.

10. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

X's 2

11. Watch what ya say, i got blasted a few years ago for that same comment! You would have thought i called them Rat Rods or something the way they pounced on me!:rolleyes:

12. Swifster

Swifster

I can't see paying for a car show. The closest to doing was was one that was a charity (tax deductible) and for parking (Woodward Dream Cruise). While I like car shows, I don't see a need to pay for one. I'll just take it out for a ride instead.

13. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

in reality 30-35 bucks with two people passes for a weekend "big" car show is reasonable anywhere..unfortunatley that is not the case anymore....but anything more than that better have some real G.D. nitro drag racing,strippers and pleanty of shade...ive been spending every nickle and dime to get my 33 on the road for thee show season coming up only to then realize i wont have any money left over to attend these $80-100 dollar car shows!~!!!

14. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I dont get it, i pay more money so they can charge people to look at my car? it wouldnt be a car show if people didnt bring there cars. It just doesnt make sence.

15. cruzr

cruzr

the problem is everyone bitches and yet you still pay and go.........maybe if we all boycotted the high price evnts they would get a clue.........

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Jalopy Showdown May 20-21, York Springs, PA, $10 for both you and your car for both Friday and Saturday. BEST deal going anywhere :cool:

17. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Pure greed and a lot of old babys who need trophys at the end of the show to stroke there self endulgent egos. "Look at me Look at me" I won a $4.00 plastic trophy with gold paint.

18. cruzr

cruzr

so in other words........you pay 150 bucks for a 4 buck trinket??

hell Santa Maria is only 50 bucks and a lot more fun than sitting in a chair by your car waiting for someone to compliment you...........

19. tubby44

tubby44
    from Long Beach

That's what I'm doing !!!!!!

20. I agree some of the entry fees are way too much. I just can't afford to go. I have found
    a number of smaller local shows that have no fees, in fact one show will buy lunch if i bring
    my car and park it for a while. Hey what if we charged them to show up so pepole would
    have something to look at??

21. cruzr

cruzr

boycott is the only answer................no cars........no show

22. b-bop

b-bop

The has been my bitch and I have been standing on the soapbox for a while now. Anybody that knows me, knows how I feel. Cannot figure out how all the bike shows, Sturgis, Daytona etc have no entry fee. Just come out for the ride. So unless I know that my entry fee is going to a charity, I am just another spectator for a couple hours and then I get back in the sled and go for a drive.

23. Thats why I cant really afford to go to as many shows anymore. Especially the ones that now cater to just about any kind of cars / crowds and are capitializing bigtime from those of us who bring the cars. Thats good for them, but soon all the fads die away and only the purists will be left. I will keep my $$$ except for selective shows....especially in this economy!!

24. If you have a 36 or later roadster the LA Roadster show is free + you stick around for sunday & get a free steak or chicken BBQ. I think spectators only pay around 15.00 & can meet the gang @ the HAMB hang out in swap parking area. Can't beat that with big stick. Someone can chime in on the fee for the other prices. I'm a cheep SOB & always take the roadster. The rest of the shows Like So-Cal & Thumpers BBQ are always fun to attend the same weekend & I also like the shop tours while in the LA area. If I don't do any other shows I almost always try for that week. pic is
    Burn Out Bob & Peggy Sue in da shade @ L A Roadster show

25. I think I've got this figured out... I'm headed to Syracuse again this summer, and instead of putting my car in the show, I'm just going to park it in the general parking (free) lot. Then I'll put up a tent around the car, sit in a lawn chair out front with a bucket and a radio, and charge people a quarter to go into the tent and look. That way, I'LL be getting paid to show of MY car, and for only a quarter, how can you NOT be curious enough to pay and peek? :D

26. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

cruzr hit it on the nose.

27. rusty bill

rusty bill

What year did the rod runs change to rod parks?

28. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Were doing a FREE show at Griffiss Air Force Base in Rome NY on May 21st, with a dedicated area for HAMB friendly rides. The show will also have a fly-in for personal aircrafts, a fly-over at noon, and a heap of military aircrafts on display. The show is located on the tarmac. There will be a pancake breakfast in the morning, and the marine corps is doing a chicken bbq to benefit toys for tots, plus a bit more.
    (shameless show promotion)

29. firingorder1

firingorder1

For $65 you can RACE at El Mirage. Beats th crap outa sittin' and lookin' at a static display. For $15 (BLM fee not SCTA) you can take your car out n the lakebed, see racers and talk to like minded rodders.

30. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

It&#8217;s a gold chain event and money is no object
    My brother has a pair of T coups he has shipped from Wisconsin
    Every year just to hang with his friends
    It&#8217;s a whole different world