Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

Just realized I posted a pic of the car here a while ago. Does it ring any bells?

2. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

The car was raced/driven by Lynn Wellfringer ( you can see his name on door and make it out now that you know what it is suppose to be. Lynn currently operates Mondello Speed equipment in California. He can tell you all aabout the car. I think the car had been rolled originally, then rebuilt/restored, and then rolled AGAIN, and is/has been restored again. I cant tell for sure if this above pic is after the car flipped the first time -- or the SECOND time. Anyway, a call to Lynn will get all the answers.
    After second look --- this pic was taken in '05 after the SECOND time it was on its lid!!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  3. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

Heres a link to the restoration project and all about the Russ Dunmire 68 Hurst Olds car and Lynn Welfringer.

http://www.68hurstolds.com/lynn.shtml . Unless the car has been sold since this webpage has been built, it identifies the current owner!

4. LEW BECKER

LEW BECKER

PHOTOS OF LARRY SCHNEIDERS 57 CHEVY SEDAN DELIVERY-ORIGINAL JR. STOCK CAR AT MY LOCATION ON THE WAY HOME FROM BEAVER SPRINGS 2010.
    LARRY CAN BE CONTACTED VIA EMAIL AT [email protected]
    hi to butch s. and skip asay
    lew b.:)

5. LEW BECKER

LEW BECKER

Larry schneiders vintage jr. Stocker-see previous post:)

Attached Files:

6. rlpagan

rlpagan

7. LOWDOWN2

LOWDOWN2
    from Ontario

More "Canadian Cool"...thanks, Colesy!

8. 5096PS

5096PS
    from iowa

Colsey,,Coming from Canada,I was wondering if you heard of a B/S 66 that someone forwarded a picture of to me just a few weeks back. The Car was called "Jack in the Green Stock" and came from somewhere up there in Canada.

9. 5096PS

5096PS
    from iowa

Great story,,,,I used to be a 4th grade schoolcrossing guard and a guy(were friends today) used to come down the street on his way to work in a copper colored 66 427/425 4 speed biscayne,,and I used to change the light to red just to hear it thump at idle,then we would egg him to burn em when the light would change. I always remembered that car,,fact is it's still around. Love the old A and B cars of then. Gotta go way faster than mid 12's in A or B today,,more like 9.80's My 283/220 stick in "P" has run 12.19 at 3880 lbs in 3000 foot air. Thanks for the pictures of the car,,wonder where it is today?????

10. paulspanel

paulspanel

Here are some more entrys for the master list. They may or may-not have already been included. Saviola & Warnes 'Ice Age' 56 Chevy ; Ed Reilly Pontiac B/S; Joe Warnes 'The Pill' Chevy II wagon ; John Bevan 'Johny-on- the- Spot' Chevelle; The Barn Job #711 H/S; Bob Davies, Pierce-Plage-Winkleman 'Dalton Gang'; Plum Crazy Too; Rustwagon; Dave Hallman Chevy 'The Protestor', Bob Repine, Jim Weber, Bob Henry 62 Dodge, Walt Ward, Bill Blanding, Jim Harris Homer, N.Y. 55 Chevy ; Don Potter Wilmington Del. 'Shiftless III' I/SA 66 Chevy; Dick Wieland 'Holiday Olds' H/S ; Hoffer & Williams 'Yellow Monkey' J/S 57 Chevy.

11. BadNews

BadNews

5096PS - Nice looking and running '66 Biscayne. My '66 Bel Air is a 468 ci, oval port, basic Edelbrock Performer RPM pkg, 4,000 lbs, through full street exhaust on 9" slicks runs 11.511 @ 116.51 mph. I drive it to the track and back....no trailered race car.Runs on pump gas.
    I ran 11.63 on M/T ET Street Radials.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  12. bob shirley

bob shirley

13. rj64

rj64
    from charlotte

14. The66GSNut

The66GSNut

I'm looking for some info on Twin City Buick INC., in Brewer Maine. I heard they campained a few cars from that dealership.....I know of a 1966 Buick GS Conv that was Campained ...not sure where it ran....maybe Oxford Dragway or Stamford Dragway.....looking for pics or any info on that Dealership... please help if you may know or seen anything....

15. goodwrench 1957

goodwrench 1957

I have found a guy who has several Chevy 4-speed hydromatics like used in junior stock, like back in the '60s. Is there any interest out there for them?

16. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

I might be.
    Like to put one back in the 57.

17. WagonKiller

WagonKiller
    BANNED

Lol depends on how expensive and how far away!

18. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Just a FYI WagonKiller, there's a Hydro for sale, on that auction site we all know and love, in your neck of the woods (Penn.). It's a "Pont" trans (you'd just need the Chevrolet bellhousing, torus assembly, flywheel, and starter) made by B & M. Item # 260767308897. Fairly cheap too. Butch/56sedandelivery.

19. The66GSNut

The66GSNut

anyone?

20. Paul Ceasrine

Paul Ceasrine
    from Wilton, CT

I'm a little late in adding some site-seeing of the 'Swampy's Toy' Vega.
    Heads by Valley Performance, and engine prepped by Joe Kenney, both out
    of Hopewell Junction (Dutchess County) New York.
    What was it,,,,Y/S,,,,,,,,,,,,

21. Bob Bender

Bob Bender

Hey Paul, dont you mean HEAD by Valley Performance ?? lol

22. Paul Ceasrine

Paul Ceasrine
    from Wilton, CT

Yes,,,,,,,,,, A HEAD for the 'Vegamatic'.....................:rolleyes:

Also, when those cylinder head gaskets leaked, and anti-freeze got into the
    oil,,,,,,,,,,,man did that do a number on the silicone-impregnated cylinder walls.

pc

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  23. Max Wedge S/SA

Max Wedge S/SA
    from USA

Silicon... silicon di oxide, silica, sio2

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  24. Paul Ceasrine

Paul Ceasrine
    from Wilton, CT

Wonders about the NHRA,,,,back when

1967, Chrysler asked the NHRA to permit the use of the 383/343 HP dual-quad engine combination in 1963 and 1964 Plymouth's and Dodge's.
    As it was a desired engine combination, racers were having a difficult time locating
    1962 Plymouth Sports Fury's and 1962 Dodge Model 440's.

So the 63' and 64' cars could run B/SA and or the new SS/EA class.

25. Belair409

Belair409
    from Delaware

I'm new to the forum so I'll appologize up front for not understanding the rules and social protocols. Last week I ran into a couple old friends from Cecil County "Drag-O-Way" from back in the sixties. Anyone know what happened to the "O" in Drag-O-Way? They both had some old pictures they loaned me to scan. A few below.

Joe Cox in the "Hostage" 55 Chevy in the near lane and Ronnie Evans in the Wood & Oberholtzer "Wildfire" B/Stock 62 Impala in the far lane.

[​IMG]

George Cureton driving a 58 Pontiac! He and Fred Borcherdt got together to campaign this car.

[​IMG]

Alex Jarrell, a real gentleman!

[​IMG]

Snook Jackson in a Chevy! Better known for the quick Fords he had back in the 60s.

[​IMG]

This one isn't so much about the car but the starter. Lance Keen still working the starting line at Cecil! Anyone know who had the car in the photo?

[​IMG]

26. Bill Cornelius, out of Delaware

27. WagonKiller

WagonKiller
    BANNED

lol the cyl head didn't have to leak anti freeze,they were just a piece of crap.belive me i owned 18 of em!

:cool:

28. 56 Pontiac I/SA

56 Pontiac I/SA
    from Maryland

'BELAIR 409' Welcome to the thread and much thanks for posting the very-excellent Cecil images. It seems that when the input of 'fresh' vintage photos begins to wane, fine folks like you show up and add to this celebration of the days of NHRA 'Junior' Stock.

29. cb3961

cb3961
    from Ohio

30. X-TECH MAN

X-TECH MAN
    from Florida

Bill Corniellius (sp?) The guy who use to race a nice yellow 58 Vette I/S car? "Lil" Georges friend.