Register now to get rid of these ads!

Exactly what I expected....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratmotor, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Went today and took a better look at the 60 Caddy I bought for $200.00. Turned out to be pretty rotten which was no surprise. Guess I'll go and strip it before I move it.Too bad....it only has 42,631 miles on it. Lots of great parts to sell and I will make my money back no problem.:D

Attached Files:

2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Whats wrong with that ,Here in pa,That is sometimes what we have started with ....

3. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

What did you expect?

Heck, guys on this site make a car out of a pile of rust on the floor

4. screwball

screwball

Thats what I thought. Got to love living in the rust free south. HA HA.

5. That's no stripper where I come from. Seen worse, if ya want it bad enough..

6. Pictures can be decieving, but even in Colorado that thing looks saveable. Plus $200?? I mean c'mon!

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Can I have first shot on the left fin light housing and lense if it is useable?

8. screwball

screwball

when you try to lift our northern gold out of a field most times they come out one panel at a time destroying everything as you lift twisting and bending

9. rld14

rld14

Unless I'm missing something it doesn't look that bad at all....

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like there might be enough there to save one or two other Caddys and donate to a few other cars. That front seat is real comfortable when you put it in a 51 Merc coupe.

But this time I think I'd drag this one out of the mud and see if it holds together before parting it out. A guy could slice the fins off like that Caddy that some designer did when those were new and solve the bent fin problem.

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it's just sitting on the ground with 15" of leaves under it in Canada... I don't see how that could cause any problems. pour some gas in the carb and fire it up.

12. This one actually looks like it does belong in the "That'll Rub Out" thread.

13. badshifter

badshifter

I bet there's no frame, rockers or floor. Or if there is, it's more like dirt than metal....

14. Left fin is bent,lens is broke and possibly the housing. I have a 62 Caddy...is it similar?

15. I will have to agree with you on this

16. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

1960 Cadillac Coupes don't exactly grow on trees, I'd say for $200 you stole that car. Honestly, it might be worth buying another one just to save it. You have virtually nothing in this one and a whole lot to start with. If your body work skills are up to it, that looks like a savable car, and a body style that is worth the time and money

17. I have too many things on the go as it is. This car has been sitting there for 15 years. I tried to jack up one corner and the rest of the car didn't move. I'd say there is no frame or floor left in it. What trim that is good will be taken off and the back glass taken out before I try to move it. I'm positive the car will fall apart when I try. The hood folded in half like it was made of paper.....

18. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Tons of good trinkets on that thing.. You'll make your money back quick-those caddy guys pay.

19. That's actually not a bad idea. It does look like a good donor car. If you want it bad enough you can make it happen. Ive seen far worse turned into some amazing cars.

20. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

21. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Would be a shame to see a 60 Coupe DeVille be turned into a couch. What is the difference between the wheelbases on the Sedans to the Coupes? Sacrificing a 4 door to the kustom Gods to build a 2 door sled is A-OK in my book.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm sorry, the RIGHT fin light and lense:rolleyes: