Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Here's one a little more from the rear.
    [​IMG]
    I'll ask him in a PM to find out exactly what they are, but they look like standard issue Falcon lenses to me - without the buckets.

2. Here's the current set up. I think I preferred the diesel, but he had wiring/computer issues.
    [​IMG]

3. strodr

strodr
    from Wisconsin

Yea, That's one sharp looking P/U. I would have kept the diesel also, more unique. Quite a story on it's build too. The original owner did some nice mod's to it including the suicide doors, custom dash and interior and air ride suspension. Damn sure gets my vote as one of nicest Econolines I've seen!!

4. I heard back from the builder of this 'Connie' and the tail light lenses are indeed '65 Falcon.

5. Did you catch the radius-ed front wheel openings? Both the 460 and the diesel were installed backwards and paired up with a 'V' drive from a high powered boat!

6. VanRockn

VanRockn

Here's a sneak peek of mine. This is my 64 Econoline. I'm using it to promote my small t-shirt company - VanRockn Apparel. VanRockn Apparel only sells 100% AMERICAN MADE t-shirts. More to come...

Attached Files:

7. sololobo

sololobo

Here is a just finished project out of Omaha and owned by veteran hotrodder, Harry Olsen, it is his trademark flat purple with scallop/flames in gold, He and his son Dan and friends did it all including a purple and white roll and pleat interior. It is awesome. ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

8. BigScott666

BigScott666
    from East Coast

killer van......

9. Church

Church
    from South Bay

So I hopped on the freeway for the first time with Van GO. I think I've put about 175 miles on it the past 2 weekends. Sounds mean. Drives GREAT!!!! My brother and I have been snapping pics for a magazine feature that will be out at the end of May.

10. RodStRace

RodStRace

Sounds cool!
    How long before you spill the beans and do a show and tell on how the thing was lowered?

11. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

Finally a pic to attach to the thread:
    billetproof2011028.jpg

'65 Falcon Van. 302/C4 Engine/Tranny, Cragar SS Wheels, Front and rear A/C, and some sort of old "performance" (duramax, magnaflow, etc.) exhaust.

Paint (Lower Half) Hot Rod Flatz Steel Blue

Pics of the '63 5-window pickup will be up once it is completed

12. A dragtruck taken at the 'Nostalgia Drags' at St Thomas Dragway in Ontario, Canada
    [​IMG]

13. crowen57

crowen57

Glad to hear about the feature. VanGo should be shared with others. In fact, when you get ready to share it with Texans let me know. I'll fly in and drive it back!!! :)

14. Tim Palmer, Yes a Vagabond. It isn't a T-5, it is a T-18 four speed with granny low. Really neat mechanicals on that truck. Some pretty nice work. 460 set back as far as it could go.

15. Guys, I'd like to use some of the vans posted here on Speed Scene live next week. If ya could, send picture to me at: [email protected].

Send me any questions you have or just say I can use a pic from here. Credit for all that supply a shot at the end of the show on screen. Pics needed by Sunday April. 17th. Then tune in Tuesday night at 6:pM. I'm Bob Beck and you'll get gas on the Great American Auto Scene. www. speedscenelive.com

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  16. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I would have hated you forever if anyone but your brother had shot it lol

17. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

progress on mine. gonna add a 3 inch dropped axle to get the front a lil lower :)

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

Cool! My friend added a drop axle to the fron of his. Be prepared to pretty much completely re-engineer the entire front end - upper & lower shock mounts, steering, etc. Once he was done he said it wasn't not very fun or easy to drive. I'm not saying don't do it, just be prepared for a lot of work.

19. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

i totally re engineered the rear end, why stop there :D

20. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

i love a good challenge :)

21. monsterflake

monsterflake

newest project, will be set up with hand controls so i can drive it. it'll be a lot easier to handle the wheelchair if i don't have to disassemble it...

[​IMG]

22. Wasn't Ironside's Van a Gold Ford?
    Excellent!

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

:D Post a build log. I think a LOT of people here will be interested in how you do it.

Good find, M'flake!

24. erock805

erock805

Sweet van Monster...

yamadafaka.....Have fun man. you can do it. It gets a little tight in there..also you will have to mover the radiator around a bit too. No big deal take you time.

25. gasjockey101

gasjockey101

not mine ofcorse but stilll one of the coolest econolines

Attached Files:

26. Scorpion Wood

Scorpion Wood
    from Dallas, TX

New here but long time Jockey Journal member. This is my latest running prioject. Actually runs pretty darn good. Other than a little cancer here and there she's in good shape. My Dad had one when I was a kid and I had been looking for one for years. Finally found one in decent shape pretty close to home so I couldnt pass it up.

Scorpion Wood

Attached Files:

• Van.jpg
      Van.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 KB
      Views:
  27. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

28. YocumBros.

YocumBros.
    from Raleigh NC

Got one, getting it ready to blast it now. Does anyone have any big block build pics or info?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yocum, that's a nice display van. What year is it? Squeezing a 351 in one of those is a tight fit. I think a bib block would need to be moved back behind the seats to fit.

So, I've said before that you need a 240 (heavy duty) driveshaft for a v8 conversion. They can handle a v8's power, no problem. I stand by that... unless you take it to a drag strip ...and your rear wheels start to hop off the line... and you keep your foot in it instead of letting off like you know you should. :) Then bad, bad things happen.

Before

[​IMG]

After my 2nd pass at the Hunnert Car Heads Up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New and improved!
    [​IMG]

30. Muttley

Muttley

How does your Van sound with that exhaust setup? How about a YouTube video? ;) ;)