Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texoma HAMBurger Run #2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer32, Apr 6, 2011.

1. racer32

racer32

2. Bump for the evening crowd.

I plan to attend in something, just not sure yet.

3. racer32

racer32

Must be nice working for a classic car dealer.:)

I like this one:

[​IMG]

4. Yea, it`s a very cool job. I am the GM here. We will be getting more HAMB friendly inventory real soon.

5. I am going to try to be there on Saturday, taking the family to the Air show and JRB that day.

6. Toptinman

Toptinman

I'd love to make it but my eveing is planned out for me on that day. Hopefully you'll have a good turnout which will cause you to do it again soon and then I can go.

7. racer32

racer32

Planning on the 3rd Saturday of every month. These things kinda take time to get going, so we're gonna stick with it.

Cool, looking forward to meeting you.

That's always good-Grayson County can't EVER be too HAMB-friendly in my book. Need any HAMB-friendly employees? LOL

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  8. buckd

buckd

Don't mean to hijack your thread and we will try to be at the hamburger run but The Kustom Kings Denison are having their monthly meeting at the Anna Malt Shop At 3:00 tomarrow the 6th Then the Malt Shop is having their first show for 2011 at 4:00 We're looking for new local Kustom guys to join our club and it's a good place to run to. BUCKD

9. racer32

racer32

Buckd, is the Kustom Kings meeting open to non-members? I'm planning on coming down to Anna tomorrow afternoon. If you guys are ok with a visitor I'll come down early.

10. racer32

racer32

Car count at Malt Shop was 70+ cars yesterday. Hopefully our little get-together will grow to that size someday.

11. Funny you ask. I just hired White Zombie last week.

Scrape used to work for us but went back to construction work.

We can always use GOOD employees, they just seem difficult to find . . . :rolleyes:

12. racer32

racer32

13. racer32

racer32

I hope nobody gets torqued if I BUMP this today! Hopefully we'll have a good turnout.

14. racer32

racer32

I got word today that Sprocket71, from Sprocket's Custom Paint, is gonna bring some freshly pinstriped panels on Saturday. I bought mine yesterday.

15. Can we have a show of hands ?

16. buckd

buckd

Doesn't look like I'm gonna make it. My bumpers didn't get back from chrome Iv'e got it apart for new motor mounts and they sent the wrong ones. Keep in touch see ya'll in Dewey or a the next run. BUCKD ( P.S. racer32 sorry I missed you at Anna.)

17. OK guys this thing is tomorrow at 5 . So what`s up ? Is it gonna be 2 cars or what ?

Nothing can grow unless you support it.

Bring out your hot rods. Lets go.

18. racer32

racer32

Donman, I HOPE we have some guys coming that aren't checking in here. I know a buddy of mine is coming, but he's not on the HAMB. He's been turned away from some "traditional" events in the past because his car doesn't look "old". He's got a plastic T-bucket that he built almost 30 years ago...it's got over 280,000 miles on it. One of the guys from last month sold his car, but he said he may come back anyway.

Buckd, sorry you can't make it. We'll get a chance to meet up again sometime soon.

19. Not sure what I`ll be driving. Planning to drive a 56 Chevy 2 dr. We are awaiting the arrival of a 30 Ford Roadster. Supposed to be here today. Will probably bring that too.

20. racer32

racer32

Awesome! See you in a little while. Maybe I won't forget the camera this time!

21. racer32

racer32

Well, I DID forget the camera, but luckily Sprocket71 had his. Hopefully he'll post up his pics tonight. The weather was great, and the all-you-can-eat burgers were awesome.

Thanks to Donman and John from Harwell motors for coming out and bringing a sweet 30/31 Ford roadstser with an 8-carb Hemi and a 49 Pontiac Straight-8, White Zombie came in his OT car (mustang), Hard Luck from the Torques and his dad met us at MG's with their clean little 32 Essex coupe. A couple of folks from the T-Bucket alliance brought cars too...Toolman Tim and his son Cody came in Tim's 30-year-old bucket with almost 300,000 miles (not a typo!), Bill and his wife Frieda brought an Olds-powered bucket.

Keep your eyes peeled for Texoma HAMBurger Run #3 on the 3rd Saturday in May!

22. Hey. We had a good time. I took some pics, will upload for you guys to see. Will try to come earlier next time and stay later. We may have to provide a car for White Zombie since his 30 coupe may never get finished ... :D
    Ok, will post pics soon.

23. racer32

racer32

24. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Won't ever see me in the stang again...sold it.

25. racer32

racer32

Doyn Fleming and son, Hard Luck, brought out their newly-finished 32 Essex:

[​IMG]

Me admiring Bill and Frieda's T-bucket with Olds power:

[​IMG]

Another shot of their bucket with The Blue Koolmongous '64 Chevy in the background:

[​IMG]

Bill checking out the panels Sprocket71 brought to sell (ignore White Zombie's OT 'stang):

[​IMG]

More later!

26. I left my camera on the front seat of the Pontiac -- at the shop.

Will download and post tomorrow ... :rolleyes:

27. racer32

racer32

Thanks, Donnie. Sprocket should have some more pics from when we were rolling, too. I need to come up to Harwell sometime and check out all the cars y'all have.

28. buckd

buckd

Man after seeing these posts I definitely won't miss the next one!

29. racer32

racer32

Sorry we missed you Buckd. I'm getting ready to put next month's run on the calendar. Also planning to print up some flyers to pass out at Malt Shop. Maybe next month I better talk to Home Depot and Gina at MG's and give them a heads-up! LOL

What do you guys think-do y'all want to eat at MG's again, or mix it up and cruise to another burger joint? I'm hoping that one of these weeks Pushrod will be playing a TBones and we can roll up there for eats and music.

30. I am down for whatever. I definately like cruising. I have Mike and Dan`s cell numbers, I can ask them when / where they are playing next.