Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rolling Bones Make It to Houston

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zeke Fishburn, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Man some of you guys....I just don't get you. Some guys are just unhappy about everything.

2. paddybuilt

paddybuilt
    from SoCal

Rolling Bones rods look bitchen to me! Seen alot of other builders stuff I think is ugly.

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Agreed..... if you got nothing positive...let it go...we get enuff negativity in the world today.
    Please and thank you.

4. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

That's Richie Whalen's ( he owns cookie # 9 also ) It's not quite finished but will be in time to run on the salt this summer with us this Aug during speedweek. It's not as big as one of our hot rods so think we will call it the Cookie Crumb.

5. Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Buick59 [​IMG]
    Man some of you guys....I just don't get you. Some guys are just unhappy about everything.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Agreed..... if you got nothing positive...let it go...we get enuff negativity in the world today.
    Please and thank you.

x2 I like that
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

6. Richie is a character and has character. He was genuinely interested in what I had to say and was forthcoming with data and the back story on his bike and the trip.

Quality individual, along with the rest of the Bones I met.

7. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Bones sighting, late this afternoon, I-81 in Penn. Mile marker 122. Temp in the 30,s. A little fresh snow on roadsides. IMO, that may be a "Frozen Cookie Cutter".

Jeff, looked to say hello to you at LSR, never did find ya. My Northeast Ass was in OverDrive. Taking in the weather, music, and iron.

8. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

how on earth do guys who build hot rods that get driven all over the dang country get so much criticism and consternation? i mean, seriously...

9. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Rolling Bones cars are just plain bad ass! If ya don't like how they build em, ya don't have to look at em.

10. Crease

Crease

Love that coupe and gotta say that Jard is one of the nicest guys I know.

11. Fortress

Fortress

That 5 window is perfect and thanks for doing the awesome write ups on building it.

12. lonewolf52

lonewolf52

Man I would love to see that on the salt. Is he from Mass? I'll have to look him up this summer when I'm home. I love it because it traditional but not cookie cutter! It's a nice change from all the Frisco Triumphs or bobbers with fork covers, stock tanks, etc

13. rusty bill

rusty bill

Bones have the bones to build cars that look like hotrods!

14. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Here's a coupe of Dave's "orangepeel" "cookie cutter"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OH!! what do ya know!!! A whole GROUP of cookie cutter cars!!!

[​IMG]

15. RAY With

RAY With

I would love to own one of the Bones cookie cutters. A lot of thought and TLC goes into every thing they do and any thing that unique commands the price tag to go with it. As to the tupperware cars everyone doesn't have the funds to build or buy the real deal and if we all had unlimited funds there sure as hell not that many to go around. As to the comment that every thing that can be done to the 32's has been done is an oxymoron statement. That's like saying that there is nothing left to do to customize a car as it has already been done! I been doing cars for 60 years and every one I see is different and many fresh ideas and that's what keeps us going.

16. fonti

fonti

Well...I really thought it is not that bad in the US like over here in Europe, specially Germany and Switzerland!!!

Do you always have to look that long and close till you find something what is not perfect for YOUR taste? Instead of either telling the owner what you like on HIS rod or just saying nothing, you gotta tell the whole place what is not ok in YOUR eyes...

Ok, the Bones cars have kind of a similar style, but it's the Bones style! There are some very famous rod builders out there who build great cars, but I would not buy one (even IF I had the money), because it's not my style. But do I have to tell it everybody...no!

The thread started with the ride down from NY to Houston and now we're talking about cookie cutters, c'mon guys... If that's the case, I would love to have a cookie cutter.

And besides that: the Bones are great guys. I met them once in their shop and had an invitiation to go with them to Bonneville. This year is gonna be the 3rd time for me!! I will post some pics of my AV8 beater that I'm driving this summer...and I'm very open for your comments

17. nolly

nolly

Well said,Ray!!;)

18. What's not to like about a 25 Louver hood? HRP

19. bonesy

bonesy

Such a sweet profile. I love their cars!

20. orangepeel

orangepeel
    from arvada, co

No, MercDeuceMan, I was not fortunate enough to be able to meet these fellows, but am well versed in their craft.....

I am of the opinion that the Bones cars pay the closest homage to this style, that is why I went to them for one of their "Cookie Cutters".........

and.....since this is the only 'Bones car in Colorado....hardly on every corner here like the tupperware coupes I see at EVERY show and cruise....talk about no original thoughts.....sheesh......LOL.......:D

21. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Does any one know? Is this the five window that the kenendy Bro's built? If so does anyone have other pics of it they would post for me?

Attached Files:

22. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Yes it is..I will try and find some pics and post a wee bit later.

23. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Ken,
    Can I get the recipe For your 32 ford cookie cars...LOL....I love all your builds, Not taking away from any of your others...But John Swanders 147c Is My personal Favorite......Not to mention John is the coolest Guy I know...I mean come on, How many of us own and fly a 1932 Bi plane?.....LOL

Jeff,
    Thanks that would be great!

24. sololobo

sololobo

That grouping of coupes on the salt is over the top. I can hardly look at it without feeling overwhelmed with goosebumps. Thanx for that sweet shot. Guy talkin smak on the 56c hood is somethin, oh well, sometimes folks just don't get the drift. Thanx for the great post. ~sololobo~

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  25. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

What nice cars. Think you will find most of those who critique don't have much of a resume of their own work...same would go for the bondo police, top chop experts etc.

26. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Cookie Cutter "Boner" Hot Rods : Since there seems to be such a debate over their build styles, and if they are such cookie cutter cars, then why have a couple of fellows established a look which is now refered to as the "Rolling Bones Look". Far from cookie cutter, a person would think ?

Just my opinion, I would be happy to own, drive in, sit it, look at any cookie cutter Bones Hot Rod any day.... Too bad they are east coast guys, EH ? Ummmm !

Why all the unhappy people in the World of Hot Rods ?

27. I could only dream of owning a cookie cutter bones coupe...

for that matter I hope my 52 Pontiac hardtop has a cookie cutter Winfield fade

and my 46 Jailbar truck has a cookie cutter set of Watson Scallops

Think it would be too much to add a cookie cutter Hines chopped shoebox to my shop list?

28. Billy54

Billy54
    from Houston

Jim Jard is a super nice guy..with awesome taste in cars.

29. I love the build-style of the 'Bones' cars. The extended hood and wheelbase of the brown car looks in proportion to me.
    A few years ago the Bone's crew came though town on their way to B'ville. Carkiller and I stopped at their motel to say hi. They actually got out of bed to show us the cars, open the trailer and even sold us a few "Bones" key chain thingies after a looooong day of driving. I have nothing but good things to say about the guys and their eye for cool. :)

30. mgermca

mgermca

I agree, if you don't like 'em, do as the cop says 'nothin' to see here folks, keep movin along'.

Bitchin' cars.