Register now to get rid of these ads!

got rid of the plymouth for a gasser raced in the 60s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cakes, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Truckedup

Truckedup

What kind of steering linkage is on it?Got a idler arm or bellcrank?
    Not for nothing,I would think a BB Chevy and 4 speed alone is worth as much as a 50 Plymouth :D

2. BEAR

BEAR

nice come up .. what did the plymouth look like?

3. cakes

cakes

it has a bell crank, ya I know, the plymouth was worth maybe 7k down here being that there arn't many around

[​IMG]

4. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

they are both cool cars. i'd say you got the better end of that deal though.

5. cakes

cakes

thanks, I agree. The Chevy is far more fun, and I can find parts in town for it. That makes life alot easier

6. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

Why dont you just build your own...

7. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I saw that car in mooresville on a trailer about a year ago and tried to research it a little with no luck. I believe it says rat trap II on the quarters right?

I also saw it at goodguys last year in charlotte. It sounded like a beast! He was cruising it around blowing dirt and dust everywhere.

Cool ride, congrats

8. cakes

cakes

agreed
    thanks. ya the car was re birthed at lake norman rod shop. ya it does say rat trap II on the quarters, did you take any pictures at the good guys last year of it?

9. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I didn't but I remember seeing some on here. I will do some digging.

10. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

Cool ride! enjoy it!

11. RDR

RDR

Late 60s early 70s was exactly how they sat...HIGH with the front end up...Seem to remember a 55 Chevy with straight axle that flopped over on its' side right down by the Oregon state capital building in Salem...caused all kinds of talk among the legislators and they ALMOST passed a bill making any modifications to vehicles illegal...that was in 70s I believe and luckily that bill died due to the aftermarket and streetrod input...

12. cakes

cakes

just talked to the guys at lake norman rod shop, they installed the drivetrain, ladderbars, rebuilt the front end and raised it about 3 inches, put the moon tank on it. and redid the seats. touched up the paint and let it roll. When they got the car it was set up for a small block ford of all things, I should be able to get some more info within the next few weeks

13. Thats a good looking car cakes . And I agree you got the better looking car of the two . I think thats the right direction to lower it a little . That would make it more driveable and safer . And I agree with a previous poster that it must be a bear to drive with those short springs . Are you going to repaint , change color , engine ??

14. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Great trade, and a very cool car! Love the whole look, but I agree with your plan of dropping it 2-3" all around. Like the nose up look though, so don't lose that!
    Rat Trap would indicate that it ran as a big block Chevy, unless that name was added after the rework and aged to look faded out. Put Mouse Trap on my Austin and spent days carefully aging it to make it look faded out.

15. What a sweet piece of machinery! Enjoy it!!!

16. chuckles0

chuckles0

That is cool..The seats and tinted glass .say';'60s"

17. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

18. cakes

cakes

the paint is still in question, there is some rust in the quarters and other places, so paint may happen, color is another question maybe a blue but just a few shades darker than whats on it, the lettering will have to be redone. the engine will get a better set of heads and dual quads and a larger sheetmetal scoop (I love the look of homemade scoops)

Driving on the other hand isn't all that bad, I enjoy the heck out of it. it rides a bit rough, the front suspension will be rebuilt when I get a bit more time and cash. I just put the speedway disc conversion up front and it made a world of difference. personally I am really ok with certain things not being period correct. safety is key with all the retards on the road around here.

the lettering is original

thanks for the link man, lets me know a few things that the PO lied to me about

19. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

that car is bad ass the way it is dont change it drive it ..

20. Saw the car tonight at Bessingers. It's very cool! I was tempted to look at it but not something I need.

So was that you selling the Plymouth on craigslist or the guy you traded? It looked like a nice car.

21. gands

gands
    from arkansas

Love the look of the nose bleed section!!

22. cakes

cakes

no thats the guy I traded it to, why didnt you even look at it, its not like its for sale

23. LOL! I meant I didn't look at it while it was on craigslist. I would have been too tempted to buy it. Believe me, I checked it out good last night. It's really a neat car. The guy you bought it from sure seems desperate to sell something!

24. cakes

cakes

ya he is a really odd guy, I didnt really figure him out. but hey at least he brought the chevy down here so I could pick it up. Still though, a very odd guy. you should pick up my old plymouth, it needs a bit of floor work and a tiny bit of rocker work. Other than that its a pretty fun car with a bunch of new parts on it and its really good on gas

25. The craigslist ads seem a little odd. I've considered your Plymouth. I have to decide what I'm doing with my Blazer before I buy something else. Are you coming to the car show at James Island Christian School this Saturday?

26. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

27. cakes

cakes

No, I'm up in Charlotte at the auto fair. Ya the ad is a bit odd, if you have any questions let me know.
    The name is there, they are just obscured in the reflection.

28. superchargedill

superchargedill

She looks pretty tough sittin like that. I like it.

29. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

Nice! I hope I see that around whenever I'm back in town full time again.

30. cakes

cakes

It'll be here, I font plan on getting rid of it any time soon