Register now to get rid of these ads!

'32 Sedan build... previously roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Minewithnoshine, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Well, as some of you were following the old build thread:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497401

I was building a Brookville '32 roadster. I never really wanted a roadster whole heartedly, but my budget couldn't afford a real deal Henry '32 at the time either, I really wanted a sedan or 5W to start with, now of which I have one each of, but the 5W is for another day and another build. I sold the roadster body to a fella down in North Carolina, and sold an off topic car I had for a few years and made a good amount of profit off it, so the hunt was on for a real deal '32. I made a deal for this sedan from gearheadbill on here, probably one of, if not THE nicest person I have EVER dealt with. He was upfront, honest and an all around GREAT seller. We made the deal and the body was on it's way from Washington state to here in Cincinnati Ohio. I checked the tracking number every day for a week, probably the most nerve racking experience I've gone through in a quite some time, just hoping YRC shipping didn't smash it or something. Needless to say, it arrived here perfectly, with only one caster broken off the pallet. I have a full LeBaron Bonney interior that came with the body that will be going in the car for the original old time look and feel, as well as all the garnishes, window regulators, channels, latches, TONS of parts. Here are a shot from the day it arrived at our loading dock, it had about 15 tracking number stickers all over it.

[​IMG]

We moved the body to the garage later that day and looked it over from front to back. Completely rust free, never had a patch panel anywhere, just about perfect. Almost hurts to give this one a haircut! Not really. This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for and it's going to make one hell of a hot rod! Tonight I cut stitch welds and drilled all the spot welds out, so I could get the Direct Sheet Metal rear floor out and get the body bolted down onto the frame, mocked up the front floor and started planning out my next move. The rear frame horns are going to be cut down once again, hopefully I can get that knocked out tomorrow. Well enough talk here, on to the pictures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

3. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Wow that is clean!

Good luck with the revised build!

4. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

amazing platform to start with. i admire your commitment to choppin up a good one.

i see what looks like a flatty powered t project over yonder... any info on that one?

5. hemifarris

hemifarris

Very nice..........

6. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

damn good start,this can be a nice car.what are your plans?

7. Wow,that is a nice sedan,congratulations. HRP

8. brady1929

brady1929

very nice. would look even better chopped

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

10. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

11. F&J

F&J

Nice to start with such a good one.

I'd have a hard time ignoring the 5w, too. That coupe looks better than most starters.

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'll be honest, I'd be half tempted to put that 5w on the Bones chassis and then roll something a little less radical on the sedan. I'd have a real hard time splitting myself up like that which is why I only have one really shitty 5w. Helps keep me focused haha!!!!

Anyways, I really love both projects. the Sedan is about as nice as it comes. Even thought the 5w is my absolute favorite, if I found something as nice as that sedan I could forget I even knew about 5w's and roll the sedan. Shit I would have kept the roadster if I had it knowing what I know now.

Can't wait to meet ya buddy!!! See you Saturday!

13. wow that's a nice body.

14. Will Kimble

Will Kimble

Looks great, I need to stop by and check out the new stuff. Might have a clutch arm for Matt, too.

Will

15. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

What a great start. Wish my quest for a five window body would turn out like your find. Remember (HOTROD THE BEST AND SELL THE REST) Good Luck!!!

16. racemad55

racemad55

I suppose you are anxious to get your steering box ! I'll probably bring the shaft to Keith and Ken this weekend for him to weld it. Should be back from L.S.R.U. by then.

17. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Wow! That is one seriously nice body.

18. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Yep! As soon as that gets here, I'll get the steering in and setup. I can at least mock-up the center firewall support now.

19. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

The 5W will probably go on another Bones chassis, we'll have to see!

20. Southfork

Southfork

When I get my Tudor body and chassis to that point, I'll feel like I'm almost done! Very Nice!

21. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

22. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

WOW, what a find! I would have to chop it but that's me. Sedans are really my favorite and 5 windows come in second.

23. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

what an outstanding body, a great find

24. 343w

343w

I'm just getting started on a tudor build I picked up 2 years ago, wished mine was that nice! I'll be watching your progress, thanks for the post.

25. chaddilac

chaddilac

I'm jealous!! :D

26. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

That's the second '32 Tudor to come out of Washington in the past two days of HAMB watching, yours looks perfect, the other had a very rough life and death. Have to go read your old Roadster build thread now that I know there is a Rolling Bones chassis to look at. Good luck with the Tudor!

28. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Oh it's getting haircut! 5 1/2" in front, 5" out back. Nice and HARD. hahaha

Thanks, it's the nicest one anyone around here has seen, that's for sure

Check it out for all the details leading up to here, it has all the engine info and fun stuff, I can't wait to get it back from the dyno!

29. StrickV8

StrickV8

super nice body! will be watching for more to come...

30. LAWMAN1932

LAWMAN1932
    from deuceville

You have a nice project.....I like the 5 window in the background