Register now to get rid of these ads!

Childs play... Blown & injected A coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hellblue, Feb 5, 2011.

1. 42 chevy

42 chevy

I love it. Scale up and build a real one. You have a lucky kid. Keep us posted and great work.

2. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

..... A solution to the gas crisis!!!

3. Lucky77

Lucky77

Wow! That thing is so cool. Like everybody else said, what a lucky kid.

4. Words cannot describe how awesome that is!

5. Wow your in trouble now! Let me explain...
    One day, in the early 90's I was riding my bike around like any 8 year old kid, when my Dad called me inside. I thought I was in trouble for not putting his tools away again, but this was far from the case.
    A few weeks eariler we went to the "world of wheels" car show and I saw a Jr. Dragster there (this was when they first came out), and thought it was pretty damn cool.
    Well turns out my dad thought it would be a good idea for him and I to build one, and so we did! That day changed my life!
    From then on, my Dad and I were inseparable, and spent every minute (and cent he had) building this Jr Dragster.
    Everyday after school I would ride my bike over to his work, and go in the back corner of the shop where his boss let us store the car. While all my friends were playing video games and hanging out at the mall, I was at the shop turning wrenches.

Fast forward 16 years and I know run my own hot rod shop, building cars full time. I live, eat and breath hot rods, kustoms and race cars! And the best part, my Dad and I are still inseparable! Although he keeps it just as hobby still. We still get together many times a week to work on cars together. In fact tonight I am going over to his house to get our Injected Alcohol front engine dragster ready for the World of Wheels car show this month!

Now this is why I say your in trouble... My mom is still pissed off at my dad cause I never went to university and became an Engineer like she wanted! She claims there is more to life than building cars, and I need to have a real career and live in a big house and make lots of money. All I think when I see her "big house" is how small the garage is.

By the way, that thing is so cool!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  6. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

man you have your son smiling from ear to ear , its neat to see you 2 working on it keep up the good work , man its neat

7. Thanks to you all ... & i think i have been in trouble for a while now !!
    What with one thing & another time has been in short supply but heres a few mor pics...
    drivers view..

[​IMG]

the block was made from foam & fibreglassed over
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was then painted in resin & fine grit sprinkled over it for that cast look
    [​IMG]

front suspension is ford pop/anglia & austin seven spring & friction shock
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The blower is a swap meet find & fibreglass, the scott injector was made the same way as the block & the hat i knocked up from some sheet ally add the idler & dummy fuel pump & some hose's make it look right ! & some other real parts !!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is the chassis with the body off for final welding
    [​IMG]

8. daddylama

daddylama

just plain awesome... great work!

my 5yo daughter regularly checks out the HAMB with me... saw this thread and wants me to start building a "my size hot rod"

9. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I am extremely impressed to say the least.I worked in a Corvette body shop in high school,so I have an idea of what it takes to do a glass' body.You Sir are VERY talented & I agree with Sinister..." Father of The Year". Bravo Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. cavemag

cavemag

That is awesome. Is the engine from a Honda 90?

11. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Awesome. I bet it's really gonna scoot too. :D

12. The engine is from a quad bike so we have 3 forward & a reverse gear too (semi auto) & is 110cc we also have a 140cc 4 forward gears only big valve job for later when he takes it to the drags !

this pic will give you all an idea of the scale of it ....

[​IMG]

13. abone1930

abone1930

To freakin awesome. If you were in the states you could sell the hell out of those bodies :D

14. octobeak

octobeak

man, that mini A is just too rad, I know adults who would want to build one for them selves

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

freaking awesome

16. Father of the year indeed!

Ditto on that. That mold looks pro quality.

Exactly what I was thinkin'

17. jick

jick
    from london

thats incredible!

if you were to adopt me would you build me one too? i hardly ever wet the bed.

18. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

that is just friggin awesome. you're a great dad to build that for your kid! i wish i had one of those when i was young..........oh hell id like one now..

19. Roothawg

Roothawg

Wow. I am such a loser.

20. Very very cool, great work.

21. Thanks again to you all,
    The body is now in paint & to get what i wanted i first black primered the body then red oxide then a light grey & then the final colour .. a green, this i then rubbed through on edges & corners ect to give that used look to the body

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the last shot you can see the holes have been countersunk to give that swaged steel look
    [​IMG]

22. This was jacks first rod he started driving when he was just five,

[​IMG]

We rebuilt it 4 years later to become this...

[​IMG]

23. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

You could have run the table for tech week. This is a whole other level of bad ass.

24. thats so friggin cool. im too lazy to finish building my own hotrod let alone two for my son

25. Well, i can only build things fast (months) or they will never get done !! (i know me !)to date from when i had made the body i had 10/11 months till the first show (this may), due to a lot of things beyond my control getting in the way it will have been about 7 months work out of those 10/11.
    The whole project from when i picked up the first tool will have taken about 22 months ( but i did stop to build another garage for about 3 months in that time !!) so this is a long build for me !!
    The first red oxide one took about 3 months & that includes cutting up a full size T body into about 60 pieces & putting about 30 of them back together to get the size !!.... & yes i build full size cars/rods too .

26. Last edited: May 9, 2011
  27. pcterm2

pcterm2

that's so freaking cool

28. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

That is so cool!! Excellent workmanship, it looks full size! Your Son is so lucky to have a Father like you.:cool: Lippy

29. dont know what happened to the last pics but they are sorted now