Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Traditional Car Club Association

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Mar 13, 2011.

1. I think that was an April fools joke:eek:

2. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

Yeah man, you are right. On a brighter note. If anyone in the New England area is interested, I was hoping to organize some sort of weekend "gypsy run". A good friend in Maine owns a huge piece of land that offers sky diving. Anyone who wants to jump out of a perfectly good plane can do so and everyone else can watch. Once the plane has landed for the day we can open some beers, maybe get some bands, cook out, etc. They would allow the group to camp all weekend and also, again after the plane is shut down, the airstrip can be used for drags. Obviously no drinking for that either. I'm located in Providence, it's about a 4 hour drive from here. This could be a great way for the East Coast groups to meet and have some laughs. Anyone interested just shoot me a PM.

http://mustangs.about.com/b/2011/04/05/april-fools-prank-about-a-classic-car-tax-goes-viral.htm

3. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

This is NOT cool! Everyone in NY needs to write to Charles Schumer.

Sen. Charles Schumer
    757 Third Avenue
    Suite 17-02
    New York, New York 10017

How many of us here would actually consider ourselves rich? I wouldn't be able to afford an extra tax each year on my car, and I think I'm not alone when I say that. Write Schumer a detailed and well-written letter about how this tax is unfair to you, because not only the rich own collector cars.

4. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

This was a HOAX!! I'm sorry for the miss-information.
    http://mustangs.about.com/b/2011/04/05/april-fools-prank-about-a-classic-car-tax-goes-viral.htm

5. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

6. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

Send it anyway!!! Demand a response!! Make him earn that paycheck!!!

7. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

I'm not even mad at Chuckie anymore! I'm mad at whoever made that article so believable! :eek:

(no comment on the polka colon cancer right next to it. haha.)

8. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Well guy's I am back from L.S.R. , what a blast, I have to go eat chinees food with my wife, I´ll post some more later.

9. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I haven't figured out how to unblock my p.m.'s any advise would be apreciated, again , send any messages to [email protected]

10. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Well I just got back from Texas, and the e-mails are piled up, but I will get to them, like all you guys, I have a job and a family, and I just want to thank you guys for your patience. I heard aboat the April fools joke that some guy did, and I find it extremely distasteful, It takes away any legitetamisy that we and other car associations might have as a group. I feel the person who did this , should send a formal apoligy to the senetor in question, We don't need any more enemies than we already have. City and state goverments are broke , and are looking for ways to generate revenue, I hope this guy did'nt open a can of worms.It does bring up a very viable threat. As a kid, when I purchased my first model A , the first thing my father told me was " antique cars are a rich man's hobby, " fortunetly I proved him wrong, shure some of us own 32's and 34's, but after many years of building model A's and selling them , we were able to afford them. For the most part , we are the blue collar end of the collector car hobby, most of us do our own work and make alot of our parts. but to the general public, they group us together with the rest of the car hobby, they watch the barett jackson auctions were guys are getting fortunes for their muscle cars and street rods , while they are trying to pay the rent and feed their familys, very easily politicians could get public support to charge us a luxurary tax. for those of you who own a speed boat, a sport fisher or a yatch , every year you pay a luxurary tax based on the value of your boat.

11. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I love it. for those who did'nt notice, we replace a custom for one of the 32's

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

lets make us a force to be reckoned with, I like this idea.

big companies force legislation, and many other "special interest groups"

maybe its time we as a unified group, (all car people) show them what its all about, Nation wide

13. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

thanks again for all your hard work, this will be the artwork for the patches, decals ect. we are curently working on the design for the lone wolves, we formulated a flyer to promote our association, I was handing it out at the Lone Star Roundup, I'll have it posted as soon as I get a chance,

14. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I'll call Pete from the Alter Boys again today , he can help you guys organize social events together, thanks for getting the ball rolling, Guys PLEASE POST PICTURES OF YOUR CARS AND CLUB on this thread, this is the best tool we have for clubs to get to know each other.

15. We are the Clutch Poppers of Edmonton Alberta Canada. We are a small group of only 3 members, but are dedicated to the preservation of our favorite passtime. We have a few cars on the go. '59 Edsel, '50 shoebox, '51 fleetline, Model A roadster, '27 Model T coupe, and piles of other junk. we don't have the kind of problems here in Edmonton like you other folks do, but we would like to keep it that way. So whatever we can do to help. Also if you ever find yourself up here in Canada, let us know. We have a combined build thread right here on the hamb with weekly updates. Check it out.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547349

Attached Files:

16. TxMike

TxMike

Nice cars/club. Plus you guys have cars that you dont see very often. That 61 Chrysler rules.

17. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

ALL HANDS ON DECK, our brother Kevin Sledge from the Shifters just got his house ripped off, these pricks were car guys, they stole all his cadilac speed eguipment , rare spot lights, any rare car parts he had, all his wife's vintage clothing, a painting von Franco did for him , these rocabilly crooks took all his high end parts, his house is in the city of Riverside California, everbody keep an eye out on e-bay, the hamb. craig list, long beach and pomona swapp meets,

18. geemann51

geemann51

Here you go Miguel...

[​IMG]

19. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks a million Greg, and thanks again for being such a wonderful host and putting up with my smelly ass for a week at your house. This is the promotional flyer and you guys can add a local contact number if you want. thanks again to all the Strugglers , and send my regards to the cochinos, the piston pushers and the yahoos.

20. Barz51

Barz51

Email sent Miguel! Here a is picture of the Philosophers C.C. cars at one of our members weddings last year (that's his bucket on the right). Thanks for doing this, we're excited to be a part of it![​IMG]

21. Will keep an eye out way up here. Man this shit sucks.
    Hope you get your stuff back Kevin

22. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Man , what nice cars, thanks for the support.

23. Nope, Miguel, PMs get bounced back still.

24. Barz51

Barz51

Hey Miguel, give this a try:
    1. Click on "Manage Your Account" under the HAMB logo at the top of the page.
    2. Scroll down, on the left side under the "Settings & Options" heading click on "Edit Options"
    3. Under "Messaging & Notification" look for the "Private Messaging" heading. Make sure the box next to "Enable Private Messaging" is checked and the box next to "Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators" is unchecked.

Give that a try.

25. lbcallejeroscarclub

lbcallejeroscarclub

Hi there! We are a car club based out of Long Beach, Long Beach Callejeros!!! You have our full support on any of your ideas!!!

26. sledish

sledish

Thanks TxMike !

27. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

You got our support here in Ventura County, Oxnard ca. Club "Pharaohs" est. 1956.
    Anything you need from us or how we could help please pm me. Thanks Danny

28. The SFCC will throw our collective hat in the ring if you'll have us. We're based in Atlanta, with chapters in Milwaukee and Toronto... we're international :D

Best of luck with Kevan's stuff. I had some parts stolen a year ago and it sucked.

29. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Guys thanks for the support, please send your info to [email protected], I need to know the number of club members , a contact number, city and state and of coarse an e-mail adress, your info will be kept confidential, again try to post some pictures of your club and cars on this thread , so we can all get to know each other, plus it makes the thread more interesting.

30. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

try it again, I think I fixed the problem.