Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Who' Selling Tha' SAME PARTS TWICE??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smokey2, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey2

Smokey2

I just thought it interestin', This Sunday Morning I purchased a Pair of '32 Frame Horn Covers from 34cpe5w, six min. after it was posted!! Went thur all the PM's, address, shippin', etc. He HAD other parts for sale in different posts. This afternoon, HE pm's ME to say, "Someone "Showed Up" an bought ALL tha' 32 parts!!!, including the horn cover I had commited to purchase!
    I've ONLY had this happen ONE other time
    in MY entire 45 yrs of dealing with "old car"
    peoples.........Chaulk it up to experience!,Right
    ........Beware 34cpe5w, I remember YOU. :(

Really Smoked up!, In tha' Great Smokey Mts.
    :cool:

2. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

First to pay gets it. Many people say they'll buy something then back out after you could have sold the parts to others. You probably wouldn't but he doesn't know you from Adam.

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well,... I put the popcorn in the microwave,... But I'll bet I won't have time to hear the last kernel pop,..:D

4. dannyego

dannyego

I would be peeved but cash in hand wins

5. So a new member from January is publically bashing a member from 2004.....bad form in my opinion. And he who pays first wins. had you sent payment yet? Get over it and learn some manners.

6. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Screw that. I don't use paypal because they are anti-2nd Ammendment. I always pay with usps money orders. If I agreed to buy something from a guy and send a money order the next day, and they then sell what I agreed to buy to somebody else a day later that pays with paypal, I'd be plenty upset.

That's a good way to piss off somebody that you may need help from one day. When you give a guy your word and agree to sell them something, you should follow through. Regardless of who comes along right after.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  7. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Well this will prolly get axed anywho so here it goes...

It happens to everyone....more than once. I once called a guy to see if I could come check out his Edsel Wagon cause I was seriously diggin it. I get there and he sends his teenage son out to dance around all my questions. I ask when he'll "be back" and the kid says he doesn't know, so I take off. I liked what I saw, in the car that is, and call not even an hour later and he said he had a guy coming from Florida to get it! He could've had my money THAT DAY! It happens...I wouldn't take it personal.

BTW, I have some horn covers if you wa...........wait, a guy just said he wants 'em!:D

8. barry wny

barry wny

When someone shows up to"buy all the parts", I'd say good except the piece someone else already spoke for. If it falls through, then you get next dibs. I sold stuff too cheap, bids on the 'bay often aren't where I wan them and I could have another account to shill it up or buy it back. I don't, a deal is a deal.

9. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

If he agreed to the contract he's in the wrong ,Money or no money........

10. captmullette

captmullette

damn right , if i tell someone i'll buy, or sell, that's it.....bullshit on money in hand....

11. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Anti-2nd Ammendment? Pay pal wants to take away my right to bear arms while offering convieniant instant online banking/checking/cash for free? I learn so much here.:p

I thought the point of this thread was that some guy was pissed because somebody showed up with actual cash money for parts he wanted but didn't pay for instantly with something like, oh, I don't know, Paypal? :rolleyes:;)

12. If a man gives his word to sell and another man gives his word to buy, whichever one backs out is the fool. Money in hand my ass.....

13. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

What the fuck has the lack of honour on the sellers part got to do with form? and manners?
    Oh I should have known he's a FNG so he must be a crook.
    If you agree to sell something then it should have been taken out of his pile of parts and then the rest sold to someone else.
    That's the problem with the internet,there is no comeback and no-one cares who screws who over.

14. Fenders

Fenders

Well the seller was a man of his word, and now you know what his word is worth...

15. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

First one with money in hand is bullshit, what has happened to a mans word? I have dealt with people on the hamb that send me parts and say pay me when you get it. If I recieve junky parts or something I'm noy going to hold it against every other person i deal with.

16. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

What a load! I guess I really am a dinosaur, because I still think a man's word is all he's got in the end, and it's worth more than money in hand. If the buyer stiffs me, and doesn't buy then his word is no good. But I'll be damned if I'll tarnish my word for a bit of money.

17. zgears

zgears

Money talks, bullshit walks.

18. dannyego

dannyego

I have waited for weeks multiple times on this site and others for payment on items where someone said I'll take it and never paid. I have a 6 hour rule. If I don't see a paypal payment within six hours and someone else wants it, I'm selling it. I'm not saying what he did was cool, but I would like to hear why he did it...

19. A man is as good as his word
    Now if spelling counts, maybe he thinks you suck

What the fuck is " Tha' " anyway?
    Not a simple typo, you do that shit on purpose & in every post its fucking loaded with that kinda crap. Wtf? Is that supposed to be cute? Starting your own language?

20. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I'm with the "a man's word is his Bond" crowd here. I guess those who side with the seller in this instance, assuming the "buyer's" account is accurate, have revealed what their word is worth.

Ray

21. ironpile

ironpile

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement.:D

22. Ravenwood

Ravenwood
    from Texas

Concerning this topic... I see Hnstray has joined. I greatly respect that man's opinions. I bought from him, and he was a prince to work with. For what it's worth, I would buy from him again, blindfolded. :)

23. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

I do not know all of the details of this transaction.

I did buy a car from 34cpe5w, there was an issue that came up and the deal was canceled. He was understanding and is a honest seller.

I have nothing but good things to say about him

24. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Free? To the buyer, but they sure as hell sting the seller with fees.

25. Dirk35

Dirk35

Ive bought a couple of things from Matt (34cpe5w) mand was please with the deals.

26. Smokey2

Smokey2

Thanks "FER' " all the responce!
    EVEN 'THA "What tha F__K! comment frum OHIO!!!
    Ilike THE, burns yar' ASS tommoraro quote.

Have a great evenin'......From the Smokies :)

27. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I agree with all the rest on here that say Bull shit with money in hand ,

What ever happen to a mans word ,

OH I FORGOT to a lot of folks
    (even the supposed Hot Rodder On this Board )
    MONEY means more to them than their words or a hand shake....

Thanks but I'll keep on sleeping good at night,
    and If I miss a few bucks because of someone word ,so be it.
    I'll still try to do the right things that I was taught.....

The next guy will buy the parts.

I'm Not pointing my finger at anyone ,I don't know either party,just saying my two cents !

28. screwball

screwball

I no longer deal from the internet if I cant sell or buy face to face I do with out! Old school look in to my eyes. I do buy from company's and businesses but not personal transactions. I have found from selling on ebay when only one side of the transaction believes in morals and the other only cares about money the morals lose.Lost three times with out any ebay help never again.

29. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

At a swap meet I bought an engine stand, paid for it , "we " put it off to the side. I come back and the son in law as sold it and it is gone. Some times it is just a F up. Yes, I did get my cash back. Note to self, tag things better!

30. brad chevy

brad chevy

Well if nothing else you learned who not to deal with ever again. Mans word,honesty and respect is something earned not taken for granted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.