Register now to get rid of these ads!

1942 ford p/u build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slcknucklehead, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Lookin even better! To bad about the head damage. Chassis work looks great.

2. Thanks bob! hope to see you at Viva wish me luck getting the truck going, it will be there for sure but wont be 100% done

3. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

to bad about the mill , paint job was nice , do you have another head ? bet it was hard to smile after that one ouch

4. jamn47

jamn47

Cool Truck! keep the pics coming, nice to see a Big Block too.

5. Captainjunk , yes it was hard to smile for a day or two lol, and luckily a local machine shop had a matching head for me

6. Not lookin good on off time from work, but we are planning a long run.. Just did Goodguys Del Mar. 4 hour drive no problems. Catch ya soon....wanna trade a maverick for it LOL...

Attached Files:

7. Soreback

Soreback

Lookin good! I use my 3 wheel stand for Chevys;)

8. Ive been slacking on posting pics, ive just been working like crazy trying to get the truck put together and road worthy, or the Viva Las Vegas show, ill get some pics up soon, hope to see some of you hamb'ers at the show!

9. [​IMG]
    Engine completely assembled for the 2nd time, and all new bronze tinted glass installed
    [​IMG]
    Had a friend give me a bunch of hard wood flooring so I put it to use for the floor of the bed.

10. my mom got the seat done.
    [​IMG]
    And I took it for its maiden voyage this sunday, runs and drives awesome.
    [​IMG]

11. Very cool, but now i feel like a damned slacker for letting mine just sit collecting dust.

12. sololobo

sololobo

Great lookin p.u., love the stance. Good to see the F.E.'s coming into the picture, they can run very nice and produce some excessive wheel spin. I had a 42 Ford tu-door military car once, wish I would have left it O.D. and as found in military dress. Oh no, had to do my thing, hind sight is 20/20. Rock on with your cool ride. ~sololobo~

13. octobeak

octobeak

Great job getting it on the road, it looks like your well on your way now!

14. So how did it do going to/from Viva??? Headed to West coast Kutoms in Santa Maria next week...

15. Man I have been slacking on the posts and pic updates, you know how summer is, ive just been driving the wheels off of the truck ill have it out on the salt this coming weekend. Ill post some pics

16. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heres dome randoms from viva and this summer

17. I like those fugly trucks.........wish I still had my old '47.

18. Nice.
    I gotta ask:How does that set up work???
    I mean airbags with a dropped axle????
    Did you have to do a 4 link for the front??
    And with the kick up(step notch)in the rear how much can you haul,if you can add a hitch etc????

The truck is nice I saw it at Viva.

19. Its three linked up front and it is working out awesome so far, it rides nice and was cheaper than a mustang 2 front end.

20. And as for strength on the rear of the frame im not sure, I plan to put a reciever hitch on so I can pull a teardrop trailer, and I think the plating and reinforcing ive done will suffice for a small trailer.

21. I love the stance, and it looks perfect with no hood.

22. It looks bitchen...When ya gonna add the hood?
    Is there a waiting list to buy it yet????LOL

23. cool Thanks.
    Any more detailed info on the 3 link?/
    Or do you have a link for it thanks.
    coolest shit ever.

24. linexrandy

linexrandy

Kinda diggin this one up from the grave, but how did it ride? That front notch looks kinda sketchy but if it worked I'm thinking of doing the same to my '46 instead of a chassis swap.

Edit: I guess what I meant was how did you link the front end? Any pics of that?