Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ACME Speed Shop's Road trip to Lone Star Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Acme Speed Shop, Mar 26, 2011.

1. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Very cool shots man...all the trials and tribulations remind me of several road trips from the past, you will laugh about and love the memories of them later. Thanks for giving us a vicarious pleasure trip.

2. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

I missed last nights update because we were up late visiting bob and friends and when finally back in the hotel I had no signal. This morning we are all gathering for the caravan down to Austin so I'm posting up shots from yesterday and last night in Wellington.
    More later.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Brilliant John , glad you got to Bob's .Keep 'em coming

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

What a great thread! I'm jealous!!

5. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks for sharing with us! This brightens up my daily routine a little more!

6. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Crazy things happen when your on the road...we stopped for gas In Brownwood Texas And KC Clark comes running up and tells me he was at work next door reading this post and looked out the window and sees the van drive by. What are the chances of that?

[​IMG]

Here is" the crew" having lunch on the way to Austin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Gimpapotamus

Gimpapotamus

Who would believe what the HAMB can do? I just had the pleasure of meeting a great bunch of fellow hot rodders passing through on the way to LSR after following the thread of the road trip. I would encourage all to stop and shake hands with these guys and visit. Thank you guys for making my day and thank you HAMB!

KC

8. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Another fine day on the road. We left Wellington in a caravan of 8 cars (14 people) and made the day long drive to Austin. There were no mechanical troubles and no one got lost. We stopped for gas (a lot) because the van has a small tank and a big apatite and we stopped for a nice BBQ lunch.

Sitting at lunch I had one of those moments when I realized how fortunate I am. Looking around the table at friends, driving cross country in an old vehicle to a show I love and knowing I will be seeing my beautiful wife tomorrow in Austin. I wish I felt gratitude like that moment every day but I guess sometimes you have to drive 1900 miles to find it.

Here are some of today's photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ACME van in front of the world famous Continental Club. Ground zero for the Round Up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. big creep

big creep

rad! ive been waiting for an update! thanks!

10. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

HEY AUSTIN FOLKS. Maria's Taco Express was just on Diners Drive Inns and Dives. Is it for real????

2529 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX

11. chopperfugger

chopperfugger
    from austin

If it ain't I am gonna have to return all those breakfast tacos!

12. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

13. The red coupe that says Franks Coupe on the 1/4 is a friend that moved out of my area some 20 yrs ago! Say Hi to Frank Brown from Groucho please!

14. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

I will Groucho; frank is a really great guy and I will tell him you said hi when I see him tomorrow.

15. Yes, Frank's a great guy with lots of hot rod history. Him and his family are some of the nicest people I've met through the years.

16. Wow even the sign posts appear to be "long horns" in Texas.:D Have a great time and thanks for sharing the ride with us.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  17. Thanks for taking the time to post pic's. These are the best kind of threads!:)

18. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Man I have got to get up there and see Bob's diggs. It looks awesome.

Doc.

19. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

great pics! you guys are seeing some amazing roadside sights. i'm glad i didn't have that many mechanical issues on my bonneville trip. but your spirits seem undaunted. awesome adventure.

20. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Beautiful Thursday morning in Austin.
    This is the day that the town really starts to come alive with cars showing up from all over the country.

I came out of my hotel this morning and couldn't believe my eyes; Rodger Odell and John Denich were out front unloading the Larry Watson T-bird from the trailer. The amazing thing about this is that when I spoke to them last night at six they were west of El Paso; still a days drive away.

Road warriors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

WOW looks like you guys are having one hell of a good trip!!!!!.....

22. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

^^^^^:eek:^^^^^

I can't wait to see it in person.

Thanks for letting us follow along.....welcome to Texas.

23. 76cam

76cam

Man first thing this morning that's just AWSOME!!!!!!

24. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Man! Such a cool trip....thanks again, John for posting up all the road pics! Cool to see Norwell's Diamond Deuce, the Rolling Bones gang, Watson's squarebird and of course your van...damn!

25. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Look forward to seeing everyone.
    I am banging here and there around Austin.
    The van looks great!!

26. Elrod

Elrod

Drool! Can't wait to see Watson's T-Bird!

27. Great updates and thanks for sharing the journey with us. You are now at the halfway point. I see Randy made it out there from Oregon in the Grapevine clone.

Enjoy your time there. I hope to one day be able to make the journey also. Thanks again.

28. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

It looks like you're going to be red lining the goodtimes tach all weekend ! See ya when you get back to socal.

29. So, Thursday must be pretty jumping over there? I'm so jealous. Some day though for sure

30. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Glad you made it John , have a blast as usual, say hi to all the usual suspects for me please.What a great story , I can't wait to read the book & see the movie :)

Steve