Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bought some cars today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratmotor, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Bought several cars today to part out. I might try and sell the Caddy complete since it came with the title! I got the Caddy for $200.00,the 53 Chevy for $100.00 and the Jag? It cost me a case of beer.Caddy was the best deal.Now I have to wait a few weeks until it dries up to go get them....:D

Attached Files:

2. Deuces

Deuces

So, what's up wit the Jag???

3. Mark T

Mark T

Great donor front suspension.

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

Nice score ! wish i could find a rusty jag for a case of beer lol!

5. The Jag is junk for sure! Parts is parts.....

6. Squablow

Squablow

That's way less than scrap price even. You should come out really well on these. Well played.

7. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

You might have paid too much for the Jag, what kind of beer?

8. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

9. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

you lucky bastard i would give my left nut to own a 59 Cadillac 2 door ht of any condition

10. that's a 60.....

11. Great score ! If you part out the chevy, give me a heads up. I know someone who might be interested in the front clip.

12. The front clip is likely toast. No grill even...I'm hoping it's in the trunk. I will definitely be parting the Chevy out.

13. 63 plymouth

63 plymouth

i want that caddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. 57dodge

57dodge

Some good Parts for Barrie in there.....

15. 62rebel

62rebel

i'll give ya twice what ya paid fer it.

16. screwball

screwball

Mike keep an eye out for a set of 40s Chev or GMC truck head light buckets maybe Chev.

17. As has been mentioned ... "what kind of beer"? If it was a case of Molson Canadian you may have paid too much ... if you got it for a case of Lucky, you done alright. :D

18. We were treated like shit by a security bitch at Burls Creek so we won't be vending there again. I warned her that we wouldn't stand for it and she said she didn't care. I pointed out that we rented 3 booths at $185.00 each plus $50.00 for hydro and that we sold nothing but vintage car parts. She still didn't care....we are not going back. The security guy that was with her kept rolling his eyes everytime she opened her big mouth. My mistake? I had an enclosed fire in a chiminea trying to get warm and dry after 3 days of rain. She wanted me to put it out....the other 7 fires in the brown field didn't concern her...just mine. Stupid bitch.:mad:

19. 57dodge

57dodge

That's a drag about the security.
    I can understand your position.
    That place is going to shit at a steady pace.
    Security chewed us out cause we left our vending spot an hour early/ took our names yada yada, put the fear of the ol mighty Haney in us......ha.
    Lots of vendors saying they won't be back.

20. screwball

screwball

I quit Barrie after 15 years when they threatened to drop my space for not vending on Sunday. Never sold a thing on Sundays I drove seven hours away to get there Wednesday. Open bright and early Thursday sold great Thurs Fri and OK Sat morning but nothing on Sunday. One year after being stuck in the field till 6:00 after the cops blocked the front gate doing breath tests on everyone leaving I almost fell asleep on the way home and killed myself. I left Sunday morning for the next 4 years till they told me I can not renew my spot till after noon on Sunday I went up with my neighbor and gave him my spot and have never been back not even to buy...

21. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Great score on the cars, it proves they are still out there. There are two farms within an hours drive from me that have collections of cars and trucks that are available. We used to vend at Barrie, did not always make any profit after expenses but enjoyed the socializing. Now we just sell at small flea markets from Ottawa to Kingston.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  22. RacerRick

RacerRick

Nice! I still go to Barrie, but only to spectate. I find parts I need there every year.

Ancaster is ok still.

23. Ratmotor, many years ago - 60's - my family used to visit relatives in Nobel and we'd use Highway 124 to get there, and I remember a large collection of old tin on a property near the junction of 124 and Hoddy's Side Road. A buddy of mine and I went through the place later and there were lots of 30's and 40's cars back in the trees, and it looked like the cars had been there for a long time. Sound familiar?? Good scores by the way.

24. That would have been Jefferies or Fawcetts wrecking yards.

25. This place is at the intersection back in the bush. My buddies daughter owns it.

26. smokey3550

smokey3550
    from texas

Sweet, I saw an old jag 6 in my local j-yard, cool alum valve cover DOHC. Motor would look awesome in a roadster w/ dual or triple carbs. They had turbo 400 trannies in some of them.

27. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Great finds.
    Regarding the 59 Caddy, back in the late 70s-early 80s in a junkyard in Centerville TX there was a icebox white 59 Caddy 2dr HT with the stainless panels below the belt in the rear quarters that had taken a pretty soild hit to the RF...the car was priced to me at $150 but what would I want to do with that. o boy.

I made that error numbers of times in that yard.

28. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Nice Caddy..................and sure a good price with a title !
    Cheers.........

29. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Probably rear too.