Register now to get rid of these ads!

60'-70's Vintage Oval Track Modifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. John

Dr. John

Eddie Anchor (Pavilion, NY), driving for Jr. Robertson at Lancaster (NY) Speedway, 1971. Eddie soon quit the car and went back to racing Late Model Sportsman cars at Holland (NY) and Perry (NY) Speedways and Gordie Treichler took over.

[​IMG]

Gordon Reinig photo.

2. Dr. John

Dr. John

Jim Rudolph (father of Charlie and grandfather of Erick) of Ransomville, NY, at Lancaster (NY) Speedway, 1973. Gordon Reinig photo.

[​IMG]

3. Dr. John

Dr. John

Lancaster (NY) Speedway, 1971. Front row (pole) Richie Evans, Merv Treichler. Gordon Reinig photo.

[​IMG]

4. shamrock 3x

shamrock 3x

Dr. John,
    Re: post 9483. Must have been a special show, cuz I see some non-regulars in the field. After Richie & Merv, looks like maybe Roger or Gordie Treichler (maybe both) in the next row. Then maybe Bill Bitterman in an ex-Treichler coach (?). Farther back, I see some Falcons that look like Jerry Cook, maybe Maynard and/or maybe the #36 of Bid Shilling. Toward the back I see a car I originally thought was Dick Emerson (#13), but on closer inspection, I'm thinking it is Dave Hafner #16, in what I think was a Nova body. That's Butch Harrins in the #3 out back in the ex-Dutch Hoag coupe. Keep 'em coning!

5. last post dr. john is killer!!!

6. cfl7171

cfl7171
    from Western NY

I'm not sure it gets any better than the photo from Lancaster starting field. Top 10 of all time for the thread. I'm thinking Mike Loescher's 88 is starting 6th as well as Richie & Merv on the front row. Thought it was Maynard starting shotgun.

7. willy263@hughes.net

[email protected]
    from new york

Makes my heart beat fast!!

8. borntowrench

borntowrench

I LOVE this thread. Pops and I used to go to Lancaster and Ransomville all the time during the 60's and 70's. Keep 'em coming and thanks for the good memories! Does anybody have any Ransomville Speedway (NY) photos?

9. shamrock 3x

shamrock 3x

cfl171,
    I believe you're right about Loescher in 6th. He still had the coach in '71 and that looks like it. Farther back in the outside row(7th & 8th rows), might be Maynard (very uncertain) and Cook (a little more certain) behind him. I took another look at the back row and I am certain the late model body (Chevy II, I think) is Dave Hafner in the 16x. What a shot....if only we could see a bit more from the side, we'd be able to identify 'em all, I think!

10. Dr. John

Dr. John

As regular Lancaster fans, we were blessed because Merv Treichler, Richie Evans (from '69-'72 anyway), Roger Treichler, Gordie Treichler, Maynard Troyer, Chuck Boos and many others all were regulars, week-in, week-out.

Bitterman did not start racing Modifieds until 1972, and that was in the old Gordie Treichler coach (after Gordie went to race for Jr. Robertson, replacing Ed Anchor, in late '71) that was sold to Phil Edwards, then to Bill Bitterman, then back to Edwards.

Hafner drove a Chevy II, No. 16x. The Falcon is Dick Emerson (he too was a regular, as was Bud Schilling).

11. Dr. John

Dr. John

Look back into earlier pages of this thread. I've posted Ransomville pics, shot by Jeff Scott, there.

12. jeembo72

jeembo72
    from Webster NY

These Pics are from the Monroe County Fairgrounds in Rochester NY 1959

Attached Files:

13. I'm always looking in the wanted section and I never saw your ad.

I just went there, and guess what? I know where there's a pair of those Winters hubs. Think they're NOS.

Best part is they're almost in your back yard.

They made 2 versions. For discs, which is what I think you want, and for drums (I'm pretty sure I know where some of those are too. They're even closer to ya'. Dade City.

Send me a PM. I'll have to do some telephone # hunting.

As you are aware, this "stuff" ain't gonna' be cheap. The folks that have this stuff know the score.

14. Denny Zimmerman

Denny Zimmerman

Bullfather's post 9490 first picture car # 37 Ed Flemke Jr...Little Eddie. Denny Z

15. Dr. John

Dr. John

Roger Boas, 1967. Gordon Reinig photo.
    [​IMG]

Fred Butz (Ransomville, NY), 1973. Gordon Reinig photo.
    [​IMG]

16. shamrock 3x

shamrock 3x

Dr. John,
    What I remember about Boas' cars is he always used (big) square tubing for the roll cages. I think he ran pretty good, considering his cars must have been way heavy!

17. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Great. PM to follow. Gary

18. kholm65

kholm65
    from NY

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  19. shamrock 3x

shamrock 3x

Denny Z......isn't Whip city where you run?

20. Denny Zimmerman

Denny Zimmerman

Yup Whip City is where I did run last year. Sad day, anyone want to buy a race track?
    My racing career may be over. It was fun while it lasted. Denny Z

21. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    was this the Vinny Green incident?
    [​IMG]

22. 4everblue

4everblue

Jack Hart at Flemington???

23. racemad55

racemad55

Come on back up to albany-saratoga this year !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.