Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bill's Hot Rods..Springfield,Ohio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dutched32, Oct 26, 2007.

1. butch27

butch27

The guy could do great work but I heard he had some demons.

2. Skrayp

Skrayp

Damn! I didn't even know he had a website, let alone still did that much "business" . Sadly, there are a bunch of guys around here like that. I've never really heard a whole bunch about the guy... except he used to be the man to see to get wheels widened, but this was before you could buy them from a catalog. People like that are the reason I can't get paid fairly for my work so I gave up.

3. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

I`ll second on Jerry "Porkchop" Walker in Lewisburg. He looks intimidating but is one of the good guys when having a chassis built. Actually does some of the specialty frames for Brookville customers. Nice little shop and puts on a really fun trad show called the Blacktop Bash each year. The burnout contest is dangerously entertaining..

Wouldn`t use Bill on a bet if the work was free. To many bad testimonials.

4. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

He was on the HAMB at 7:39 a.m. this morning, I hope he is reading all this shit abouit him and tries to do something about it. :eek:

5. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

he's on right now.

6. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

this is from an email he just sent me this morning.

"Well next time go to your Ford dealer
    Or WAl-Mart and purchase 60 yr old parts
    Bill"

wow. i agree, this thread should be closed. there is enough negative stuff about him here to make an informed decision of wether to deal with him or not. mission accomplished. i'm out.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  7. Dipper Jr

Dipper Jr
    from Indiana

He just about got my money too... But I got a strange feeling when he would only deal in cash and wanted most of the money up front for a 32 chassis. So I went to Illinois to Kilborne Rod Shop. Great guys to deal with and an even nicer product when I picked it up. Was ready when promised and price quoted is what I paid!

8. 327nut

327nut
    from So. Utah

Well now Old Bill is trying to do his thing on Hotrodders.com, just introduced himself as a long time hot rod builder but one of the mods new about his bidness dealings so he's basically dog sh-- there also.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  9. verde742

verde742

drugs, man drugs ???????

10. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I still have a chassis that Bill built for me in the late 70's. I have had several Buick drum conversions and V8 QC's done by him and while a little slow, I never had problem with him. I am sorry to hear he has become a problem to deal with.

11. HotRod-1

HotRod-1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought a fully boxed 32 frame with original rails from Bill in late 2010. The frame was exceptionally constructed in every manner. Frame was straight and level, and tig welds were neat and clean. I'm very surprised to see all these negative comments.

Walt Patterson

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

funny you would bring this old thread back up so everyone that shit on him over the last 5 years can do it all over again without even turning on the computer.

13. A Boner

A Boner

Here is an old pic of his dark red 32 roadster. The tops of the front fenders had bubbled paint from the tires rubbing.....definitely low enough.....plus! image.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  14. Jim Mothershead

Jim Mothershead

While delivering a '32 3w to Indiana, we stopped by Bill's. He gave us a tour of his '32 collection...every '32 model ever made. Welding looked great in 1982.
    Jim

15. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Wow! It's painful to read this thread.

lothiandon1940 likes this.