Register now to get rid of these ads!

TCI MII for 64 Falcon Final Ride Height?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retiredblue, Jul 23, 2010.

1. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

anyone do this set up from TCI any pics with the 2" drop spindle what is the final ride height I dont want this car to be too low to take cross country any pics please ?? I have one on order and just wondering I already cut the towers and dumped the old front end stuff, thanks in advance

2. Looking into doing this to my 66 aus falcon. would be great to see progress pics.

3. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Blue, Is this the kit like Stacy David is doing on "Gearz TV" (Speedchannel Sat's) ? He is putting one on a '67 Cougar. He is also installing some supposed radical/oversize muscle motor - kind of secret . . . . . His kit uses coilover shocks and has the motor mounts built in to the crossmember.

4. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

I have'nt seen that program for a while the kit I got is from TCI here in Ontario Ca. here are pics of my shock towers GONE, that was tough as we did it with a sawzall and some die cutters and an air hammer

Attached Files:

5. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

Whoops here are the towers gone

Attached Files:

6. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

The coil overs will give you a little bit of adjustability. If it is still too low for you call up TCI and change out the drop spindles for stock one's.

7. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

gonna start this project this week end will post some pics

8. creeder

creeder
    from Pa

Not to bring back an old post, but I am thinking about the same kit for my Falcon. Wondering how things worked out and final ride height?

9. 65 T-BOLT

65 T-BOLT

rod and customs we just put in a 65 Falcon...fit like a glove and easier to install than TCI's!

10. Bull

Bull

Yep. Talk to FalconMan here on the HAMB. He has done SEVERAL.

11. 65 T-BOLT

65 T-BOLT

with 2" drop spindles...the rocker behind the front wheels....are at 6" with a 26" tires

12. creeder

creeder
    from Pa

Rod and Custom is a real nice kit. Seems to be the most complete. I just thought I would also do some checking on TCI.

13. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

well I am almost done and it looks sweet, IMHO, here is a pic with a dry run with the fenders on, we did it in the front yard/driveway btw

Attached Files:

14. cwayne

cwayne

I just put one of the TCI Mll kits in a Falcon two weeks ago and here are a couple pictures after... sorry about no fenders but hope this help answer's your question about how high or low it will ride.. It didn't have the motor in it when we started but after it was installed we had lowered it over 6"...

Attached Files:

• 57.jpg
      57.jpg
      File size:
      299.4 KB
      Views:
    • 60.jpg
      60.jpg
      File size:
      320.1 KB
      Views:
  15. slow4dr

slow4dr
    from SoCal

The springs will settle a little also. Final ride height will place the lower control arm parallel to the ground.

It's hard to tell in this picture but the car is on its weight(17" wheels for reference to the fender).

[​IMG]

-J

16. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

sorry so long to answer here is my car fenders and all now time to tweak thing, I like the way it came out (15" wheels)

Attached Files:

17. I just finished up building headers for this swap (thanks to retiredblue and Nick Licata). Here is a ground level shot of how Nick's car sits. They should fit other brands of MII swaps in the early Falcon and Mustang as well. Doug's part #D661Y
    [​IMG]

18. TinShed

TinShed

I did their kit back in 2000 when I did my comet. I have 54,000 miles on the car since then and it is the best money I have spent on it.

19. this one was a Fatman MII kit
    [​IMG]

20. slow4dr

slow4dr
    from SoCal

The car looks great, you'll have to swing it by the shop once it is done. :)

The front end on Nick's car has settled about an inch from the picture I posted earlier in this thread. As you can see from Don's pics and these new ones.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-J