Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally was able to get it!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D_Lazaris, Aug 30, 2010.

1. I was just going to ask about the FED......TOO COOL.....and what a engine swap!
    We need to "swap notes" when you start building that Fuel engine

2. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Thanks! I'll keep you in touch when we start the fueler. We want to get it done by the Antique Nationals this June.

3. moefuzz

moefuzz

Great choice on keeping a Flathead in it!

Have you thought about brakes yet?

4. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

I was gonna suggest a powerstroke , just for the reliability , but , I have to admit , the Flattie looks good...just dont think it's practical on the side of the road cuz you cant find a water pump , belt, or something simple at the local Advance autojunk:D that goes wrong while using it for a daily hauler...but , like I said.... It'll look great !!!

5. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Well we got A LOT done on the good ol' F-5 this past week!

We got the stakebed off the back which was a job... We are going to start from scratch for the ramp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that we got that dreaded front bumper off, that thing weighed a ton!

[​IMG]

It looks a lot better with out it in my opinion,

[​IMG]

we are planning on putting a simple chrome wrap around bumper and making a push bar for the front. We already built one for our push truck, but thought it would be cool to have one on the hauler too.

Just FYI a TRUCK flathead tranny weighs A LOT more than a regular one.... Damn little thing weighs a lot!
    [​IMG]

We then did a quickie primer job in the cab so we feel better while working on it plus it's going to have to be outside for awhile

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks a lot better now.

Well in an earlier post we said we were putting a flathead back in... But of course things change, and fate decided other wise and we ended up with two Y-blocks a 272 and a 312.... Guess which one is going in the Ol' Gal :)

[​IMG]

6. Willy301

Willy301

X 2 :D

Love that truck man, I was thinking turbo diesel as soon as I saw it. Combine that with cab stacks and it would be a really nice attention getter!

7. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

That's what we were originally going to do, but I'm pretty happy with the Y-block. Plus the build will be a lot quicker now!

8. havi

havi

That flatbed doesn't look stock, but I was gonna mention if it had a Ford script on the back, it's worth money.

9. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Nope not stock, just a whole lotta backyard metal