Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 4 Door Merc Build...Sort Of.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HRod 50, Jun 6, 2010.

1. HRod 50

HRod 50

Hey Folks I have the name. It came to me while I was cycling today. I figured with all the Hammer dolly work thats going to be needed to fix and straighten my car there was only one name that would fit. My brother is a comic book artist so I refer to comics for many ideas.

The Name of my car is going to be:
    THOR

Thor wears a Helmet similar to the Mercury Man's, and Thor's cape is sometimes a burgundy/maroon which is the color I'm painting my car. Plus my builder Rick Erickson sort of looks like Thor. He's got the long hair, if I can get Rick to wear the Helmet I'd be golden.:D. He's going to kill me for saying that.. Thor it is.....

Attached Files:

2. Nothing like a name you picked yourthelf. Bethidthe your wallet ith Thor too.

3. chip chipman

chip chipman

I's looking good. Keep the FAITH. You know I like FOUR DOORS. Someday maybe we can getogether and swap lies. As for names i call mine LOVE HURTS. I think we have all been there. I'm looking for the front wing windows frames and track fpr mine. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

4. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

aaaaamen!

5. HRod 50

HRod 50

Quickie Update.. Rick had to fab something for my rear quarters to attach themselves too.. I guess my quarters weren't really atached to anything, Rusted... Imagine that.:p..

Attached Files:

6. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Looking good. Keep the faith, it's gonna be awesome!!!

7. Muttley

Muttley

Uhh............what???

8. Trukcrazy

Trukcrazy

Great name. Great stamina on your part: financially, physically emotionally and mentally. :cool:

9. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

If I were out cycling the only name that would have come to me
    probably would have been ....THOR-ATH :D:)

10. Very nice. I hope you go with the 4-door hardtop look, I think that can look look amazing.

11. HRod 50

HRod 50

Freakin Hysterical.:D:D:D:D.. Oh My Go* (Lent)...I spit water out of mouth after reading this... :D

12. HRod 50

HRod 50

Thor is/was a Viking and it's a reference to old english way of speaking... Think, Clash of the Titans..

13. It's going to be great! No matter what! You can ride high and proud once you get the extra head room.

14. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Based on the air bags it should be "Low and proud" !!!

15. THOR ???? ok that kind of fits as one of my favorite tools is a BIG HAMMER but an welding helmet is as close as you are going to get!!!!

Attached Files:

16. terryr

terryr
    from earth

Verily.

There's a Thor movie coming out soon too. I mean, methinks doest have heard of yon tale regaled of thy namesake this summer season.

17. HRod 50

HRod 50

Quick Update.. went to the shop and look at what I saw.. Yayyyyyyy, some of that nasty sh*t being taken out of my life...

Attached Files:

18. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

this will truly be your car when its done, keep the faith

19. HRod 50

HRod 50

Here's a little how to: well I actually can't explain it, but Rick called this a "Cut and Drop".. There's going to be a lot of this, but we all knew that already...

Attached Files:

20. HRod 50

HRod 50

I hope you folks enjoyed these pics of Rick or should I say Odin working on Thor. This car is a mess, Frankenstein was going to be the cars name as all the welds look like all the stitches on Frankensteins neck, but I'm sticking with it. My ego has gotten the best of me with this car, but I can't bail on her now..

I love the last picture... How many of you guys who have had your car built by a shop, have your builder photgraphed working on your car? Ohhhhhh yeah, I forgot no one on this site has shops work on their cars..;)

Attached Files:

21. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Most folks can't do everything so at that point it's not a sin to take your car to a shop.
    Hang in there as it's coming along nicely.

22. daddio211

daddio211

No shame in having a car built as long as you never take credit for other's hard work. Giving kudos to the guys who perform (as you're doing) shows respect!

23. Take a little credit for yourself, your helping feed a fellow's family, and save a deserving car. It is a great thing you both doth do.

24. HRod 50

HRod 50

'Thine carriage is in need of thine help. Come to thy rescue thine will"

Attached Files:

25. daddio211

daddio211

Okay, this thread just got creepy, LOL.

26. Hellbomb

Hellbomb
    from DC

I thought for sure by the time I got through 20 pages this would be done. Great thread. I thought the flames were kinda interesting, but I have enjoyed every decision.

27. Trukcrazy

Trukcrazy

As interesting as this journey has become, I am anxious to see Thor standing proud and strong. Great story and great build. Thanks for taking us along.

28. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

HAHAHA!!! What's up Hugo?! How are ya man? Merc is looking good...your pics of Rick as Thor are funny :)

29. HRod 50

HRod 50

Hey Robbie, Glad to hear from you.

Rick is Odin, Thor's father as far as the power given(building) to Thor. I'm the loving and funding stepfather. Think of Odin (Rick) as Jor El, Supermans biological father, and Johnathon Kent (Me), Clark Kents adoptive father, who had to feed and raise, basically $$$ Clark Kent (Superman).....

Okay this thread has gotten Creepy.. hahahaha

Attached Files:

• Thor.jpg
      Thor.jpg
      File size:
      201.7 KB
      Views:
  30. HRod 50

HRod 50

Okay enough, playing around. back to some car stuff. Rick's been working away.. Here are some update photos.. How does anybody just throw mud over rusted through metal like that?.. I can not imagine how those guys sleep at night..

Attached Files: