Register now to get rid of these ads!

They are stil out there!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turdytoo, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I was going to say congrats, but damn, already on ebay even?

2. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

No LOVE for the old coupe huh? Could have atleast offered it here first?:eek:

3. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

It is his car guys...bought and paid for...his to with what he wishes......

4. turdytoo

turdytoo

What's it worth to you? If it makes my reserve I'll let it go, if not I'll build it to suit me. I'll know in nine more days how much its worth.

5. raidmagic

raidmagic

Well you just found one, bid on it. If I found one this is the first thing I would do. People are over paying for these everywhere. Ever price parts for one?

6. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I disagree. He showed us his find. Big F&*#ing deal if he puts it on Ebay.

7. Stukka

Stukka
    from SoCal

The title of the post is "They are stil out there!!".
    Should give us all hope that we can still find these prizes. They haven't all been used or crushed. Keep your eyes peeled.

(sorry, went all philosophical there)

8. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I'll tell you though, that was one of the most honest eBay descriptions I have ever read.

9. Pete

Pete

WOW!

Free PRE-advertising on the HAMB.

Pete-

10. slammed

slammed

Gee, I felt like..........duped. Bid high, bid often! $$$$ Right?

11. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I agree, everyone wants to act like they're against making a fast profit...until it's they're turn, then they are ok with it.

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

I hate it when these cool "find" threads turn into a e-gay add within days....:(

13. screwball

screwball

Just shows 32 fords are not rare just expensive.

14. Goodlife

Goodlife

A perfect example of the first law of sociology,"nothing is as it seems".

15. ROADSTERJEFF

ROADSTERJEFF

16. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

I dont know if that was the intention.
    Turytoo seems like a good ol boy. He has helped me a few times with measurements and pictures of his 32 3 window to referance for my project. He seems to be a very active HAMBer so I doubt that is the case.

I like seeing the picture of where the car was found. I would rather follow his build thread than see him sell it. But, hopefully the new owner will be a HAMBer and the story will contine.
    Just my 2 cents.

17. Sprcheese

Sprcheese

I have nothing against him selling either, but why not post your intentions from the beginning?? Why try to make it look like you just brought home a new project? Looking for attention??

18. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

His find so he has the right to do what ever he wants to with it. I would love to see it built. If I were the lucky one to find it it would be in my garage not on the bay trying to make a fast 3 to 6 grand but thats his decision and his car.

19. 31whitey

31whitey

Takes a few days to check it over good...

Not really a keeper.

Gets sold off...simple.

20. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

man i was stoked and then i saw the ebay ad. now it might go to some guy building a 100 point restore for pebble beach and never be drivin. ew. if i ever bought something like that i swear i would work on it till my fingers fell off and then drove it till i kicked the bucket, all the while and my face would be permanently frozen with a smile!

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Someone young, or old with a lot of money will be the future builder on that project.

22. exactly what I was thinking. I've dragged home tons of shit, then decided to sell 2 days later.

23. Good job on the find and I hope some wealthy '32 lemming pays you a fortune for it! :D
    And,....Jeez, so what if he flips it, and so what if he DID get some free advertising on here? You guys take this shit too seriously. It's just a hobby, it's just a rusted hunk of old metal, and this is just a message board, not the holy bible.

24. uncle buck

uncle buck

I don't recall him mentioning in his original post anything about selling it here or on ebay. His post indicated to me that we can still get lucky,at least thats how I read it.

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Two days? I've made the decision many times once it is on the trailer or in the truck.:D

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  26. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Amen to that !

27. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hey, its his to sell and I'm sure he didn't pick it up for $500.
    Maybe he feels that if someone will pay him 5 grand north of what he had to pay for it, he'll unload it and go shopping again-otherwise, like he said, he'll build it.
    Plenty of guys make a profit selling parts and their finished cars and nobody grumbles about that.
    I agree with what a previous poster said; the ebay ad description is refreshingly written in stark reality terms/no BS.

28. hemifarris

hemifarris

Nice find...........

29. Geez. I feel he did the hotrod community a favor by bringing that old hulk out of the woods for the next generation of hotrodders. Better that nobody knowing about it and it rotting away to nothing before someone can build it. It's better than hoarding 32's and stacking them up like cordwood to just brag about. Capitalism is good and America is still a great place. More power to you. Hope you make a mint.

30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Do any of you guys complaining about him flipping this hulk have working eyeballs that can focus? It doesn't appear so as all I'm getting from most of the posting is he found a cherry '32 Ford, stole it from the previous owner and is bent on retiring off the proceeds.
    Go and take a close,looooong look at those pictures (all of them, one at a time with a magnifying glass) every shot posted is revealing hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars on the road to recovery for this long neglected severely deteriorated '32 Ford. I too hope he sells it for a handsome profit............it's STILL the backbone of the American experience........profit from your labors. I'm betting in the final analysis he will show no more gain than if he had spent the equivalent amount of time laboring at a skilled trades job. Anyone who begrudges him that is a shallow person indeed.

Frank