Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lucky 7

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chubbie, Jan 6, 2011.

1. chubbie

chubbie

I'm helping a friend build a model A rod, and we are looking for 4 inch drop axle complete. I found lucky 7, from canada.
    has anyone heard of lucky 7? have you done buisiness with them?? so then tell me is their axle any good??
    check them out at this website

lucky7ent.com

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Hi, I bought a 4" forged dropped I beam from them at Col. Goodguys this year.. Good price, fast shipping and a very nice axle.. I'll definitely use again.............

3. clockwork31

clockwork31

Never heard bad comments about them, looks like decent stuff for the price. I plan to buy from them very soon.

Only thing I heard is about their forged Axle, a guy said it was cast iron made in china... blah blah blah :confused:

looks like good stuff to me

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  4. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

They are about 1 1/2 hrs from my place, I have been to their store very well stocked, great people to deal with and knowledgeable, they actually build frames there,

and they sell a good product. Hope this helps. :cool: Larry

5. alchemy

alchemy

Why would a guy from Iowa buy an axle from anybody but Chassis Engineering?

6. chubbie

chubbie

I don't know, I'm from NW Iowa. It still has to be shipped, so no dif on shipping. lucky 7 seems to have the right price. so please tell me something about chassis engineering that i missed :confused:

7. Would you rather support your fellow Iowans or some Canadians? I know which I'd rather do. I'd also be surprised if shipping across the Canada/US border is cheaper than shipping from West Branch.

The Chassis Engineering axles are "Made in the USA", too.

Either way: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420729

8. Topper

Topper

They buy some products from the company I work for and are totally upfront. Summit is now selling some of their products so I would think they did their homework before they included them in their catalog. Just my opinion. My personal favorite is a Magnum axle.

9. So can someone actually answer this? Or is it more HAMB Hooey;)

10. Their website says they are forged and the other thread with a link to it above a guy said he asked them where they were made and was told Malaysia.

http://www.lucky7ent.com/page14.html

11. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

They are a fairly new (a couple of years old) company, as I said before they sell a good product, Joe the owner stands behind the product and you can actually talk to him, his prices or more than competitive. WTF, I dont get the comparisons of Iowans or some Canadians. :mad:

12. alchemy

alchemy

Don't you have patriotism up there? Don't you wanna support your local citizenry rather than some furriners? ;)

13. chubbie

chubbie

chickenridgerods, I tryed the search function. found alot of red luckys and a few red 7s:eek:
    how did you find this thread??
    shipping quote from lucky 7 is $114 chassis engineering told me I could better drive to west branch then to pay shipping, thats 6 hour drive one way. as far as doing business localy I always had to be low bidder to get any work,regardless of quality!! I guess i like to look at whats available at what price... I might go with low bid!
    Linclon Neb. (speed way) is 215 miles
    Westbranch Ia. (chassis engineering) is 390 miles
    lucky 7 is $114 shipping
    wonder witch one is cheapest?;)

14. beatnik

beatnik

Don't know anything about Lucky 7 but Summit Racing is selling their stuff now.

Lucky 7 Axles

You might also want to check the the HAMB Alliance vendors like

The Hot Rod Company

15. The guy lives in the same state in which Chassis Engineering is located. I think CE has the axles forged in Iowa, too. I hope you, as a Canadian, would buy from a Canadian vendor before you'd buy from an American vendor; particularly if the product is of better, or at least equal, quality. Keep the money in your own state/province/country.

I find it hard to believe that it'd cost $114 to ship an axle from West Branch to NW Iowa via something like UPS Ground (which would basically be next day).

16. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Amen! I don't know why anyone would buy a beam axle from anyone else. Ever. (other than an original...dropped or otherwise).

17. Sometimes Chassis Engineering runs out of their own axles. I had to wait. Call and check stock.

18. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

You guys are missing the point, the question asked, WAS ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT AND THE SELLER. Not if he was buying it from an Iowan or a Canadian it has nothing to do with Patriotism period.:eek:

19. grey46

grey46

If youever see any US news we better start buying from US or pretty soon there wont be a US.

20. screwball

screwball

You can start with buying your own crude oil not the furriniers. Come on guys I think North America should work together we can and are helping each other in allot of ways. Its not a Canada VS the U.S.A. thing it should be an us against the Communist and unfair wage worker thing. Now lets please get back to cars.

21. millersgarage

millersgarage

if summit is selling them, then the shipping would be A lot cheaper.

I won an Axle from Lucky 7 at the Good Guys Nationals in Columbus this year. I went to the booth, and they said to pick one out, So grabbed a drilled I beam. Looks like a nice piece. I have yet to start a new project that needs one, but it sure looks cool on the wall
    :D

22. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

I've got a Lucky 7 chromed drilled axle under my deuce . And I'm very pleased with the quality. Would def buy another one!

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It still boils down to Quality of the product, reliability of the people selling it and for me if they are available to answer questions.

I see what appears to be a lot of stuff from the Welder Series Catalog in their catalog some with the same photos. Not a bad deal to have a reliable supplier right across the street though.

Shipping eats all of us up who live too far off the trail to be able run across town to the local hot rod goodie emporium. My "local" supplier is 60 miles away if he is still in business. Otherwise it is a three hour run to Seattle or Portland or pay the Brown truck to bring it to the door.

24. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I forgot to mention this before, that Lucky 7 is a sponsor of each Good Guys show and gives away a dropped axle at each and every show and unlike some of the other sponsors of prizes they actually also pay for the shipping. They are not a fly -by- night organization. :D

25. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Lucky 7 came up in another thread I started debating b/t SoCal and CE for a drop axle. My mind is now awash with too many possibilities. Original axles dropped.....CE.....Socal.....Magnum.....now Lucky 7....too many choices. ALTHOUGH, I do have a line on a L7 for about 1/6 less than any of the others, and near free shipping to boot....personal line that is. Sad thing, I'm still torn. I hate the idea of making the wrong decision and buying poo. I overthink too damn much.

26. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Hey some of you patriots better get prepared to start doing a little walking. Remember 60 % of our oil is imported.

27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, and the majority (2X the runner-up) of it is imported, get this, from Canada.

Now let's get back to building cars.

28. The shop is a couple minutes from me and Joe at Lucky 7 has helped me out many times, and always goes the extra mile to help the local guys out every way he can. I cant say enough about about the guy. cool products, great prices and excellent service. what more do you want? thats my 2 cents. eh.