Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Traditional Car Club Association

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Mar 13, 2011.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Ive had some good times with you guys, by the way July 16 th is the King of Clubs Drags, is the roadster p.u. ready?

2. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

much apreciated, I met a guy from the Hamb that was from detroit, he was a friend of rougue, and flew in for the Ranch Run, but I can't remember his name this must have been 9 years ago, just wondering if they are alot of hambers in Detroit?

3. Mike

Mike

Hi ya Miguel, my e-mail isn't working and your PM's are disabled so I'm posting here.

As we talked about at Big 3, the Rattlers here in Phoenix are definately in for this. I'll be your point of contact for us. I'll get my particulars (address, phone #) to you later, maybe when you PMs are working.

Out to every body, this is important, we can't just stand by thinking "Oh, it's just those tuner guys or those unfotunate guys in California". No matter where you are or who you are, you are next on their list, and those misguided do-gooders are gonna keep coming after us.

Mike Latus
    Rattlers cc
    Phoenix

4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks for the support Mike, I am excited to hear that more of your guys are coming out to our drags, can't wait to see what other cars you guys have, I'll send you a friend request, I don't know why I can't recieve p.m.'s from guys who are not on my friend list, I wish some one on the Hamb would tell me, I have organized the roster for the T.C.C.A. on my regular e-mail adress, [email protected] take care and thanks again for the support.

5. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

And now to finish the story on city of La Mesa,
    The city of La Mesa , much like Paso has the same bias attitude towards us, instead of fighting them, The Monday Nite Car Club, The Cam Busters, all the local motor cycle clubs,us and other car clubs started the El Cajon Cruize night, The city of el cajon had an old down town area that was in total neglet, all the mom and pop stores had gone bankrupt due to the big shopping mall near by, we aproached the el cajon comunity developing concil, and ask them if they would let us start a wensday cruize night, they agreed and the first thing we asked for was the backing from the El cajon Police department, and we got it, The police chief was totally cool and instructed his personel not to harass us , as long as we stayed with in the law, Most of you are probably familiar with the area , it is were the Mother Goose parade is held. Right off the bat, it turned into the largest weekly cruize nights in the country. On an average we would get more than 500 clasic cars a week, restaurants started to open up as well as specialty stores, for this cruize started atracting huge crowds. Developers started coming in and restoring the old antique buildings, an area that was once the skid row part of town , was brought back to life. The city of La Mesa on the other hand, their cruize night dindled down to 60 cars , their cops were happy because it was less work for them, but in the end , them and the city concil will pay the price. Why ! because less people means less tax revenue, shop owners aren't happy because they lost sales, less sales means less revenue for the city and their budget, less budget means less politicians and police officers which means they will have to join us in the unemployment lines. they killed the golden goose, they always argued " look how much money we saved by not dealing with those car guys" they were penny wise and dollar dumb.

6. AMERICANPASTIMESPARTS

AMERICANPASTIMESPARTS
    from Carmichael

wow ill pass this on to S.T.A.C.

<TABLE class="uiInfoTable profileInfoTable noBorder"><TBODY><TR><TH class=label></TH><TD class=data>Sacramento Traditional Auto Council (STAC)
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="uiInfoTable profileInfoTable noBorder"><TBODY><TR><TH class=label>Personal Information</TH><TD class=data>The purpose of the council was created for clubs to be able to unite and come together for each other and our community.
    The council also allows us to:
    - be able to provide more functions during the "off season".
    -keep each other informed of upcoming shows (allowing all clubs to be able to meet and travel in a group to shows/events)
    -mediate situations between car clubs in the area in a political and civil way (such as: clubs starting up in other club's backyards with similar names and/or colors)
    -help cross promote other club's car shows or events
    -be able to organize more charity and family events for our community
    -to keep our style of car clubs and culture strong and long going
    -to keep everyone aware of their rights and upcoming laws that pertain to car clubs.

Meetings:
    -Meetings will be held once a month by each car club choosing their own location for their month.
    -There will be no limit to how many members attend a council meeting.
    -All meetings will be open to other clubs that would like to attend. (read less)
    The purpose of the council was created for clubs to be able to unite and come together for each other and our community.
    The council also allows us to:
    - be able to provide more functions during the "off season".
    -keep each other informed of upcoming shows (allowing all clubs to be able to meet and travel in a group to shows/events)
    -mediate situations between car clubs in the area in a political and civil way (such as: clubs starting up in other club's backyards with similar names and/or... (read more)

</TD></TR><TR><TH class=label>Personal Interests</TH><TD class=data>If you are interested in attending a meeting please email [email protected] for the latest info.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="uiInfoTable profileInfoTable noBorder"><TBODY><TR><TH class=label>Email</TH><TD class=data>[email protected]
    </TD></TR><TR><TH class=label>Website</TH><TD class=data>http://www.alleycatscarclub.com
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1...
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1...
    http://www.missdarlingdanika.com
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/AMERICANPASTIMESHOTRODPARTS

7. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I am happy to hear there are more of us out there, other associations and concils are welcome , and can still keep their own identity, the more of us that are out there , the better.

8. What clubs do you have in the Southeast?

Maybe T.C.C.A. sanctioned events can get insurance costs lowered in time...

9. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

We haven't had any responce from florida clubs as of now, but it would be great to have your club join. I was going to call the Poor Boys in Sac. calif. and invite them. the only friend I have in Florida is the Tatoo artist Morgan Pennypacker, he used to be in the Deacons c.c. in San Diego. In reference to the insuarance costs, what a great idea, I haden't thought aboat it. The best rates and service I have found is State Farm insurance company, for a clasic car with a value of 15,000 dlls is 60.dlls for full coverage for 6 months, but it has to be your secondary car, and millage is limited to 10,000 a year. thanks again for the inquiery , and hopefuly your club will join us and help organize and spread the word out there, thanks again Miguel.

10. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

This is a great idea! I have spoken to several club presidents in our area about this same thing! I'm very happy to see finally something is moving forward. I'm the president of Leadfoot C.C. in Providence R.I. Our club wants to be involved in any way possible. Miguel, I just left you a voice mail, your p/m is still having issues. You can't be more right, younger people need to step up and take the reigns. Count us in 100%!!

11. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

The reason I have been talking so much aboat weekly cruizes, is because it is the best tool we have to promote and preserve our hobby.
    We have alot of them in sothern california now, but I don't know how popular they are in the rest of the nation? so please let me know and post your experience with them in your specfic region.
    Weekly cruize nights are the best way to expose and inform the general public aboat our hobby; we have one advantage over the high dollar street rods, people can relate to our cars because they are still afordable to build, and can be built in their garage, and not in some high dollar profesional shop that will charge them thousands to build a car. If you went to Grand National Roadster Show and studied the crowds of spectators, they all congergrated around the Suede palace, the alley and the Mexican Village. They like our cars because they have alot of creativity and are not the imposible dream they can't achieve.

They help our image with the public; In the late forties and early fifty's hot rodders and custom guys had the negative image of delinquints, they were always street racing and causing problems, much like the tunner cars of today. it. was our fore fathers who cleaned up that image. These shows are free to the public, they help stimulate the local economy and keep the local politicians happy , and are easy to use for charity drives.

They help us get public support; As long as we have public support, politicians will leave us alone, the last thing politicians want is to piss the public off.

Please post any other ways you guys think we can use to gain public support.

12. I did some wheelin and dealin and ended up with a nice 1930 Roadster with a flattie. Im driving it to Santa Maria this year. Chuck still has his Roadster pickup and Edgar is working on his sedan.

13. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Here in Idaho for the ear of the legislature we have U.S.R.I.
    http://www.usri.org/USRI.htm

We've got single licence plate laws, no fender laws, Blue Dots, and other things passed over the years as well as stopping ordinances for things like crusher legislation and property rights for storing projects in several cities and countys. Having an organization with good relations with the legislature and state/local police has lots of benefits. Polluting companies that wanna crush your projects for environmental credits and the "Greenies" that want you to ride electric powered public transportation or bicycles instead of your cars have lobbyists. Best to get some on our side too...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  14. Pete

Pete

This is a fantastic idea! I spoke briefly with Miguel at the GNRS about this and support it.

Pete-
    Alter boys
    P.s.

Miguel, please shoot me a PM.

15. Magoozi, Is there a chance of setting up some sort of meet at WCK this year or maybe some other big show so you can get out more info to interested clubs/solo lobos? I will bring this idea up at our next meeting and let you know

16. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks, we need all the info we can, we have been hit hard in so.cal. on storing are cars.

17. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I sent you one on my regular e-mail address, my p.m. thing on the hamb. is all screwed up.

18. As requested, the ACES have worked on a simple and clean logo for the TCCA membership. We didn't want this logo to be too stylized as members will be wearing this on their individual club jackets. This design shouldn't interfere with any club's style, colors, art, etc. We also believe this will easily reproduce as a embroidered patch, screen print, vinyl sticker, etc.

Attached Files:

19. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

That's a great idea, I'll ask Penny and see if she will let us do it. ya, talk to your club and see if they will join the T.C.C.A., send me your info to [email protected], Me and Kevin Sledge are working on doing a T.C.C.A. car club luau, Also we will be meeting at the L.A.Roadster show swappmeet on saterday at 3p.m. for a pot luck bar-b-que, we will be near the trees. If all goes well, I will be going to the Lonestar roundup next week and try to meet some of the clubs out there.

20. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I LOVED IT, thanks for all the hard work.

21. The Gambler

The Gambler

any clubs from central cali chime in yet?

22. chop32

chop32

Very cool logo...should make a great patch...Nice work!

23. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Swanx, the bombshells, the nobles, the villians, The Beatnicks, I still need to call the poor boys and the calaveras and see if they will join. and I am waiting on some other clubs , that still need to run it by there members.

24. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

It's show and tell time

Ok guys , we need to start posting pictures of your club members and cars on this thread, so we can all start to get to know each other, if you have a website, make shure you post the link. I can't wait to see what the stuff from other states look like, most of us only get to see what bad bob posts for us.

25. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Another way to drum up public support for us is a method used by our hotrod forefathers, When I restarted the Lifters cc , My friend Norm Palmer sent us the original charter from 1958 , and in the envelope was a little bussines card that read " you have been helped by a Lifter." this was a comon practice held by all the clubs in the fifties, when they saw a motorist stranded on the highway, they would stop and try to help, this was one way of cleaning up the image of the hotrodder, My club has followed this pratice when we are going to a show and see a felow hot rodder broken down, if the guy is buy himself in the middle of nowhere, we pull over and try to help, Our fellow club member buck rosson, is always pulling over and helping people. one time Pepe from the Aces broke down in his model A coupe, the tranny was fried, in the middle of the desert on his way back from vegas, Buck pulled over and towed him with his 32 3-window with just a rope for over a hundred miles, what go's around comes around , I just broke down heading up to the G.N.R.S. , Bob Hill and the Aces towed my car to their shop, gave me a ride to the show so i could get things ready for the alley and mexican village, and had fixed my car by tuesday of the following week. Another time I broke down at Santa Maria, I had to spend all my money on the part I needed to fix my car, so I didn't have any money for gas to make it back home, The calaveras took up a donation and got me some gas money. that's whats this association is aboat, people helping people.

26. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

I'm really glad the T.C.C.A. is finally underway. It's an idea Miguel and I have been talking about for years but He's really taken the ball and ran with it. I can't believe all the support and interest it's received already!

Miguel has pointed out most of the reasons we need this organization but I just wanted to add a few points. I think the most Important reason for the T.C.C.A is to have a voice through our numbers. To be honest, It's not something I've thought much about in the past. All I've ever really cared about was was building my cars, finding new junk, and going to car shows/swap meets, etc... I just figured someone one else can take care of keeping us legal but as Miguel said the guys who have been doing that for us are getting too old and they need our help. I didn't realize until recently just how easy it would be for the politicians to completely ruin our sport/hobby/lifestyle. With everything going "green" these days and less of the population understanding or caring about our cars we have a real problem coming our way. It's going to be a constant battle but I think with enough people we can make a difference and save our way of life!

We've talked about possibly putting together a quarterly newsletter just to keep everyone informed about whats happening. Not only for legislation issues but also for car show dates, swapmeets, races, etc. The newsletter might also be used to let everyone know about good reliable shops and parts sources. Also, maybe each issue can have a spotlight on a different club and show what they're all about and what they're building.

We've also talked about doing a yearly T.C.C.A car show but thats still in the early planning stages and nothing has been set as of yet. Any ideas you have would be welcome I'm sure!

A lot of details still to work out, but all in all the organization is a great idea and I think nothing but positive things can come from it.

Thanks to Miguel for making it happen and to everyone who has supported it!

-Kevan

27. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks kevin for posting, I know it's been tuff on you having to move right now, I think the idea of the news letter is great, kind of like the v-8 times they used to publish, guys please feel free to post ideas on how to make the asociation work better for all of us, right now were brainstorming and
    putting ideas out there to see what you guys think.

Here is a list of a few more clubs that have joined;

The Estranged c.c. from Oregon
    The river city coupe and roaster club who will be organizing the Australin chapter
    The Villians c.c. and The straight pipes c.c. from california
    The lonely Knights c.c. from Colorado
    The Flyers Roadster club from Pennsilvania
    The Lead foot c.c. from Road island

28. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I would like to aplaude Asembblyman Jefferies handeling of our problem with the California air resourse board. He used great wisdom in dealing with this situation. though he was'nt able to have the word exempt changed to protected from smog regulation, he bought us very valueble time. Instead of screaming "tree huggers, we have the right to drive our vintage cars! " he argued that we do care aboat the enviroment, and that we only drive our cars to social events that lot's of times are charity's , he backed this up by statting " limit our millage to only shows and social events." This kept C.A.R.B. and D.M.V. from sticking us in a right wing box. This is important because the minute your lobby gets stuck in a left or right wing box, you lose half of your public support.
    Politicians don't care aboat the people that are not sided with their party, they write them off right away, and they take for granted the people that are already in their party, The one thing they want and fear at the same time is the undesided vote, it's the moderate vote they are always chasing, and this is composed of most the general population. That is why when we are dealing with legislation, it's important that we don't polorize are lobby.We need all the help we can from politicians and the general public. that is why the image we portray to the public is so important.

29. lazyv8

lazyv8

road knights would love to join..
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  30. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks for posting the pictures, and joining the T.C.C.A., please send me your info to [email protected] I love early v-8's and own a few myself, I am too fat to fit in a model A,