Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fullerton Fab Merc for Sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luciomduran, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

If you had the money to spend that would be a great way to do it.

2. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

If I could afford it, I'd paint whores on the doors with model paint.

3. badshifter

badshifter

Or you could get whores to paint themselves and model on the doors....

4. Smokey2

Smokey2

180 Grand ! How much is that?, A Month ?

I understand mine last changed hands, At 80 ga, ga, grand ! that's HISTORY! Right?

Tis ONE Beutiful Automobile.
    smoke' :cool: :cool:

5. A Boner

A Boner

Rudy, the new Sam Barris.

6. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

do you know who spun the hub caps?

7. Now Now..... Easy Tiger.

8. I think I read somewhere on here that Kevin Lee from the HAMB was making or having them made.

9. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

I think the price is so high because in this case, they bought a completely restored '40 Merc and then Rudy kustomized it. So, you're paying for a restoration & the kustom work.
    Not cheap on both accounts.

10. Rudy Rodriguez' shop in LA

11. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Well, it's starting to come down. I'm pretty sure it was originally listed on HotRodhotline.com for close to 250,000.00. It's a bitchin' car for sure,but that's serious money in this economy. Rudy sure knows how to make 'em look good.

Doc.

12. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I literally have my new edition of R&C (that came in the mail today) open to that car right this very second.. It's rad.

13. Exactly. I don't think some of you internet guys can really pick up on the caliber of car this is without seeing it in person. Every inch of this Merc is absolutely perfect. Rudy really outdid himself on this build. It blew me away at GNRS

14. A Boner

A Boner

Sam, not George.

15. Oh I know which Barris you were talkin about.:)

16. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

If you think of all the cars available for 180k this one is by far the koolest! I hope my lotto ticket comes through.

17. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Really
    I saw this same exact post deleted a day or two ago within seconds of being posted.

18. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

For that car, anything under 200k is a decent price(IMHO). If the tards that go to BJ auctions cough up 100-200k for Mustangs and Cudas, surely someone with money AND TASTE will snatch this one up.

19. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

I'd pay 180k for that merc before I paid 300k for the green merc at barrett all day long. that merc is just beautiful...

20. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Is that what the Wasabi Merc thing went for? $300k? Whoa!!! I guess the recession is officially over, gold chains abound!

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

The truly rich probably don't bust their balls for hours sifting through ebay, swap meets, etc. for their dream cars or parts-they pay someone to do it for them; same as they pay someone to take care of their home, book their vacations, grocery shop, etc. They no doubt tell the guy that does all their Rod building what they want, and pay him for his time.

As far as the car going on the block so quickly after being completed, it's all about timing. Striking while the iron is hot and when it first hits the newstand should bring the most $$$.

The car is simply stunning!

22. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

same here... this car does not do $180k worth for me. i admire the work, effort and craftsmanship, but the car falls short of the pricemark.

23. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

For what it takes to build a Premier car of any style, I think the price is reasonable. I'm willing to bet there are many people with cars in shops way deeper than that and the result will never be as timeless as this one and the "offers and interesting trades" is probably keeping a few people up at night thinking.....

The car is just incredible.

24. For that kinda money I want a HEMI!!!

25. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Well hey, looks like you caught us. Watch out for the black helicopters.

26. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

I will probably get flamed for this. But that ar is awesome in proportion and everything, but the B Pillar and the way the windows are Ruins that car. Im not saying that every one needs to be mantranga-esque but that beautiful chop and then that big UGLY square Pillar on the side just ruins it.

27. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Nah, he is not like that. It's merely a tool to help get the word out that the car is available and to get people talking. Oh look, we're posting in a thread on a message board, talking about the car. Shit, how did that happen? ;) :D

I still love this car. It's given me a few ideas for my '36 custom.

28. Hahahahaha....Now I have to mop up coffee....

:D

29. plan9

plan9

And the entire build is photo documented, from the first cut to end product. Not to mention the handful of people that witnessed it all go down over the last 4 yrs. ;)

There is no bullshit associated with it... but hey... its a free country, if someone thinks they can do exactly the same on a budget, have at it champ!!

hotroddon - you're in Orange, talk to him yourself! Whats a better venue? An auction house that takes a fat cut out of the earnings? :p .... ebay is great word of mouth advertising, seems to work.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  30. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i hope that he gets what he's asking for it or very close to it. it was a great car to work on. this car will be in my top 5 of cars that i had the pleasure of working on.

last pic is a crappy cell phone pic of the reflection the passenger 1/4 panel.