Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sunday models 3/20/2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lyle Willits, Mar 20, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just a curbside (nothing opens - no engine) that I knocked out in about a week. Duplicolor Orange mist, Tamiya clear orange, Tamiya pearl white roof. Goofy-ass decals from the kit. Radirs and tires from The Modelhaus. Lakes pipes from Bob Dudek.

2. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

fine job lyle

3. Good thing I went back to the main page. I did a search for "Sunday Models" and didn't see one for today and was going to start a new thread and this was at the top of the page. Don't think we need 2 Sunday model threads for one day. lol
    Here's what I've been working on this week. Finally got the '50 Chevy pickup done. I don't know if I just got a bad kit or if AMT used some kind of weird plastic on this one, but I've never had anything keep falling apart like this one. No matter how well I scraped off paint or chrome from glue areas, the damn thing just wouldn't bond correctly. Tried both Testors tube and liquid, Plastruct liquid, Tenax, and even good old lacquer thinner. The damn thing just kept falling apart. Ended up using brush on Krazy Glue in some spots but shouldn't the plastic melt and fuse together? Not this stuff.
    Also got some more work done on the '41 Plymouth. The Plymouth started out as a partially built I picked up on ebay. Decided I'm going to remove the emblems from the nose and trunklid too, probably going to keep it as grey primer, may or may not add rust spots.

Attached Files:

4. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

Nice job on the 61........a couple of months ago I picked up the 62 Ford HT annual kit.

5. Awesome paint on that 61.

6. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

Pics from the Cedarville Show....

Let's hear for Scott "Stickshift" Baldauf, who put's on THE best model car show in this part of the county!!!!
    Now in it's 10th year, this show just keeps growing and getting better each year...

Some 50 builders from Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa and even Missouri,
    displayed nearly 300 models in the contest room.
    While three big rooms of vendors offered up some hot deals
    for those of us who just couldn't pass up buying that next, big, must have item!

I didn't get pics of everything that I wanted to, as I was busy keeping an eye on my own swap table,
    as well as taking shots, in my make-shift photo booth, for submission to one of the model magazines.
    Still, I did manage to grab a few pretty good shots from the contest tables to share with y'all....

Here are a few of my favorites.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots more at the link!

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/marty1961/Model%20Shows/Cedarville%202011/

7. Deuces

Deuces

My pal "Slingshot427" sent me these that he got from a 1/16 scale model site.... I think the builder did one hell of a great job on this one!! Wish I was this good...

Attached Files:

8. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

Here's my latest.... The Scary Canary....

[​IMG]
    AMT's '57 T-Bird, mounted to the chassis from (surprise, surprise)a Revell "Miss Deal" kit,
    with a heavy dose of goodies sourced from my parts box...
    Paint is Testors Lacquer Daytona Yellow, while the graphics were whipped, by me, on my computer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ford "cammer" 427 is the result of a parts box dive...

[​IMG]

I'm not entirely happy with the finish on this one (I rushed it at the end... And it shows),
    so, after displaying it awhile, I will probably blow it back apart for a cleaner rebuild...
    As always, your question, comments and criticisms are welcome....

9. Mojo

Mojo

Good looking build, and idea. But your valve covers are on backwards... there should be a "gap" at the front of the engine before the sparkplugs start, due to the timing chain cover.

10. Pscott

Pscott

good work on the 61 Lyle
    thanks for the pics Marty

11. Pscott

Pscott

Corvette- inspired Deuce roadster
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

Oooops.... Guess maybe that's why the damn thing wouldn't fire!!! LOL ;)
    Thanks for the heads up... I'll be sure to correct that! :eek:

13. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Hey Nitro Marty what are you using for sparkplug wire?

14. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

For my first ever post on the Sunday Model thread I would like to share the build I am most proud of. Built for Dan VanDerLey as a birthday gift for his father who drove the "White Rat" A/FX '64 Comet to a NASCAR A/FX championship in 1964. The 1:1 car was later found and restored and is being displayed at car shows.

Attached Files:

15. The_Forgotten

The_Forgotten
    from WNY

Some beautiful and bountiful stuff this week! Love Sunday models, it's inspiring and discouraging at the same time for a beginning modeler

16. Marty,...have to agree with you, the Cedarville show was a knockout show/swap, lots of great contest models and super swapmeet with lots of old & new stuff and some great deals. I wish Monogram would re-issue that 40 Ford pickup kit like the original, that was a great kit.
    ..all nice stuff today so far, thanks for posting.

17. melsfine39

melsfine39

Here's a few photos of some of my models. Mel:D

Attached Files:

18. Ferbz51

Ferbz51
    from Austin, Tx

Lyle, very clean build, and built in a week! Marty, looks like Cedarville was a cool show, and I love that Green Vicky! Is it a resin body or a modified coupe?

I goofed and posted these pics on the wrong sunday model show last week(thats what I get for not looking at the date!) Its a 55 chevy pickup thats been shortened through the front fenders/hood, throught the cab, and of course the bed/rear fenders. The tricky part was moving the wheel openings of the rear fenders to be centered around the wheel(the stock location of the openings are more forward). Its sorta inspired by Dave Deal's cartoon drawings.

BTW, anybody got pics of the NNL West show?

Attached Files:

19. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Wow. Lots of kool stuff. I was just trying to do some interior work on my Rambler model and kept having problems with the decals, so I thought I would check the HAMB out.

Thanks for posting the picks from the show NitroMarty. Sometimes that is how I get to check out some of those models.

20. oldman2

oldman2

Ferbz... love that 55 chevy pickup, that little stubbing thing is great.

21. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

Just some stuff that I bought from some guy at a model car swap mee about 10 years ago...
    Nice stuff, about the right size for 1/25 scale, it came three 1ft lengths (1 black, 1 red 1blue) in a package...
    Of course I only bought one pack and have never seen the guy again and now I'm just about out!

22. Bowtie383

Bowtie383
    from Australia

Thought I would post up my 53 I built a while ago.
    Regards Tony.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Man Tony that '53 is very cool!

24. and right hand drive too.

25. car toon

car toon

Great looking models once again....

Here is more progress on my 1/8 California jalopy racer...still need to do some more detail, including exhaust, but almost done with the engine.

[​IMG]

26. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

Tony... Your F100 is just too cool!!!! :cool:

27. steveb

steveb

Breaking a 2 year slump, I finally started building again in mid January. I was inspired by Vonzipper's 1:1 57 Chevy stepside, & decided to try something like that to ease back into building again.

I finished the interior today. I ended up sanding the shallow door details off & rebuilding it all & added armrests & window cranks I cast a while back. I also added knobs on the dash, photoreduced gauge, & added a piece of styrene tubing for the horn button, & filled it with epoxy. It doesn't show in the photos, but there's a turn signal lever, too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A quick mockup. I still need to polish the paint & add BMF.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  28. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

steve. amazing work looks spot on.

29. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

steve,beautiful truck

30. Toner283

Toner283

Go to a Radio Shack & look for stuff called Kynar wire. it comes in several different colors & is just about right for 1/42-1/25 spark plug wires. it is like 7 bucks for a 50 foot roll. Here is some on a hemi. the one sticking up is for the coil that is not mounted yet.

[​IMG]